✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

*~ The David Bowie Thread ~*

::Hayley::

it makes me sad :(

like why couldn't i have been born even a few years earlier y'know

so then I'd be old enough to see him live back in the Heathen tour :(

he's only 65 so he could do more, but i doubt it, I think he's more likely write songs for other people since he's always said he prefers writing songs to singing them.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/earl-slick-david-bowie-new-album-interview/

Exclusive: Guitarist Earl Slick Reveals New David Bowie Album Details

by Annie Zaleski Yesterday

Matt Kent / Jo Hale, Getty Images Earl Slick needs no introduction. A killer rhythm guitarist and long-time David Bowie collaborator, the 60-year-old played on John Lennon’s ‘Double Fantasy,’ has recorded with Ian Hunter and played in the post-Stray Cats group Phantom, Rocker & Slick.

That “other guy,” of course, is Bowie, who released a new single, ‘Where Are We Now?’ and announced a new album, ‘The Next Day,’ on his birthday, Jan. 8. Slick has played with Bowie off and on for better part of the last 40 years, both on tour (including Bowie’s last round of concerts, in the early ’00s) and on classic albums such as ‘Young Americans’ and ‘Station To Station.’

‘The Next Day’ also features contributions from an impressive lineup of musicians in addition to Slick, including familiar Bowie collaborators such as drummers Sterling Campbell and Zachary Alford, guitarists Gerry Leonard and David Torn, and bassist Gail Ann Dorsey. Tony Visconti, who also produced ‘The Next Day,’ contributes bass, as does Tony Levin, who’s known for his work with Peter Gabriel.

Do you even know what the entire album sounds like? Have you heard the entire record?

Yes, I have. I don’t want to give too much away, but it’s really, really, really good. And it’s a bit eclectic, so it’s not all like what you heard.

Tony Visconti did an interview with the BBC earlier this week, and he said that the single is very different in tone from the rest of the record.

It is. Okay, so he’s let the cat out of the bag a little bit, then — good. It’s rocking. There’s a lot of rockers on there, I can tell you that.

That’s what he said: “It’s quite a rock album, the rest of the songs.”

Yeah, it is. I mean, there’s a few kind of really cool mid-tempo ones in there as well, but I’m the go-to guy for the rock stuff with David. And that’s why I’m always there.

I was shellshocked to find out that David Bowie was releasing a new album. I mean, wow. When was his last record? Like a decade ago?

I have a feeling this is going to be something special. The new single and the artwork definitely show that. David Bowie is back bitches!

I was shellshocked to find out that David Bowie was releasing a new album. I mean, wow. When was his last record? Like a decade ago?

I have a feeling this is going to be something special. The new single and the artwork definitely show that. David Bowie is back bitches!

Pretty much a decade ago for Reality.

Shocked a lot of people he did, although it would have been more shocking to do a Radiohead and announce the album would be out the next week

yeah, i've been getting into him a lot recently, since my mum bought me a copy of reality tour live album :wacky:

that is one of the few albums I haven't listened to

I seriously hope he does a tour because my mum says we can go (and thats rare from my mum...)

my mum says she regrets never seeing T.Rex or Marc Bolan when she could have so she knows how important this would be to me :dazzled:

that is one of the few albums I haven't listened to

I seriously hope he does a tour because my mum says we can go (and thats rare from my mum...)

my mum says she regrets never seeing T.Rex or Marc Bolan when she could have so she knows how important this would be to me :dazzled:

it's the only bowie album I have listened to :blank: recommend me some more? :wacky:

yay, my mum would buy tickets immediately if he goes on tour :lol: he's her favourite artist :)