✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

*~ The David Bowie Thread ~*

::Hayley::

David Bowie

Ok so seeing this guy on TV or whatever freaks me out totally... :/

but hey... his music...

"there's a starmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan waiting in the skky. he'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow our mind..."

wooooooooooooooooooooooooop

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: David Bowie

"there's a starmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan waiting in the skky. he'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow our mind..."

I was just about to post this :lol:

I love this song. David Bowie's cool, not a big fan but I loved 'Velvet Goldmine' (the movie, not the song) if it counts for anything :P

• 4 weeks later...

David Bowie tour extended, anyone have a password?

I couldnt make it out for the Toronto show, but now other shows have been added including one in London, Ontario. I just heard about this now. There is a presale on until Thursday. The tickets are fucking expensive, but I would love to see Bowie.

Does anyone have a BowieNet password for the pre-sale? I know this is a long shot, but I would extremely appreciate it.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Fan throws lollipop at Bowie

Fan lobs lollipop at Bowie

Fan lobs lollipop at Bowie

OSLO, Norway (AP) — Halfway through his third song at a Norwegian music festival, an object came flying out of the crowd and hit David Bowie in the eye.

"Show yourself, lollipop-tosser!": Bowie returned to the stage moments after being hit in the eye by a lollipop during a show in Oslow, Norway.

By Jo Hale, Getty Images

It was a lollipop, probably sent as a message of adoration since Norwegians call the hard candy "love on a stick."

Bowie wasn't seriously injured at Friday's Norwegian Wood Festival in Oslo. He backed off the runway, hunched over, and was assisted by his set crew.

Within moments, he was facing the crowd of 7,500. Swearing at the unknown culprit, Bowie said he only had one good eye. The other eye had been damaged in a childhood fight.

"Lucky you hit the bad one," Bowie said, demanding to know who threw the lollipop. No one standing in the cold and drizzle came forward.

Bowie grumbled about the person or persons responsible hiding in the crowd. Then, regaining his composure and sense of humor, the 57-year-old singer said he was going to punish the audience by making the concert extra-long.

Later, during what the Norwegian media called one of his best concerts ever, Bowie continued to joke about the incident. He threw one of his guitar picks into the crowd, then asked if he'd hit someone in the eye.

"Oh, maybe I have to hide in the band," he joked.

Norwegian newspapers tracked down a young woman who claimed to be behind the mishap. They didn't publish her name, but said she claimed it was an accident.

The artist's official Web site said the eye was checked and wasn't seriously injured.

As for Bowie, he played 27 songs over nearly two hours and 20 minutes.

0,,2004281085,00.jpg

• 2 weeks later...