✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Football (soccer) and another question

Sternly

How do you call to this in football?

chilena.jpg

it's like they turn around and kick with their foot where their head should be.

and do firemen get paid where you live? Here it's a volunteer job, which means no payment, but I wonder how it works everywhere else.

Thank you :D

we call it " the scissor kick " in finland

and do firemen get paid where you live? Here it's a volunteer job, which means no payment, but I wonder how it works everywhere else.

here they do. i think .... but there is also a firestation for volunteered firefighters where the workers do it .. volunteerily - surprisingly enough. :rolleyes:

in NYC (the city) firemen get paid from the city, which in turn (i believe) comes from monies the State provides.. and city taxes... on Long Island (where I live) certain towns have volunteers and others (incorperated towns) they are paid from the 'counties' budget which is generated from taxes as well (local)

as for the 'football' thingy.. sisscor kick.... (chilena tambien en mi casa!) lol

my brother told me a scissor kick is different to a chilena! which means that we are talking about 2 different 'tricks' :lol:

I'm shocked at reading that BBC link; 25,000 sterling pounds? (av) :stunned: that's like such a huge payment! It's a risky job and so, but I'm so used to see it done for free. Here it's a type of social service and it's very well seen, to be a firemen. People is always nice with them and they help them when they do fundraisings and so (they do not depend on the goverment, they just receive an small allowance, but most of the time, If not all the time, they survive thanks to donations, members fee and because the own firemen buy their equipment)

since I get paid and so, do I have to show a CV and do an interview and so? and do you have firemen but women instead of men? are they separated from forestal fires? and most important of all, do you get big fires in the UK? (like for example 10,000 hectares of forest burned in a sngle fire)

To become a fireman/woman in the Uk you have to fulfill certain criteria. The attached link is for one of my local fire services

http://www.cheshirefire.co.uk/Recruitment.asp?menuid=45

Not sure about all the different services but to be a fire person in Manchester can be very dangerous. They frequently get called out to hoax fires and find themselves being attacked by local kids. The mildest is having stones thrown at them.

:stunned: legally you don't go to jail for throwing stones at them, but you are santionise by everyone there; that thing is unbelibable in my country!

I don't understand why you have to have minimmun 3 GC... (I always misseplled it) as mandatory and work related to community service and ability to work under presure as desirable... I do not match their preferences!

but again, do you get big fires there? like 10,000 hectares or more? or the only big things are industries burning down? plus do you go to jail If you call just to bother them? and do they wear red coats?