Jack Johnson

Sidious

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

i like him! but i can't listen to his songs for hours like i can with other artists because after some time it becomes boring however his songs put me in a really good mood and sometimes i'm really happy while i'm hearing them...

I loooooooooooooove Jack! There is NOTHING better in the whole world than lying on a hammock, in the backyard, sipping on Dell's Lemonaid and listening to 'Breakdown'.

Ahhhh.... Jack is my summer man. Love him!

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to

Jack Johnson's "Curious George Soundtrack" has some good tunes as well. I keep playing track 13, "Supposed To Be". Even though it's kind of repetitive, it seems to end too early. I guess that is the trick, to leave us wanting more.

cover8mw.th.jpg

Jack Johnson - Supposed To Be

Maybe it's up with the stars

Maybe it's under the sea

Maybe it's not very far

Maybe this is how it's supposed to be

Maybe it's trapped in a jar

Something we've already seen

Maybe it's nowhere at all

Looking forward as we rewind

Looking back is a trap sometimes

Being here is so easy to do

If you want to x15

i LOVE banana pancakes.. i would be in love with the guy who wrote that song for me.. *sigh* lol jack johnson is so chill. his music makes me so happy.

i read on his site that hes taking a year or two off.. :(

*ahem* if u guys like jack johnson u should listen to matt costa too.. theyre on the same record label.. AND they toured together ;) AND a matt costa song is on the curious george soundtrack (Lullaby)

• 1 year later...

Hey I think it's time to revisit this thread! I LOVE Jack and he just released a new album yesterday, which I think is brilliant. I'd say it's more eccentric than his first album... there's also piano and drums and other things which are new. You can see how he has progressed (he is even singing about war and stuff :stunned:!)

Hey I think it's time to revisit this thread! I LOVE Jack and he just released a new album yesterday, which I think is brilliant. I'd say it's more eccentric than his first album... there's also piano and drums and other things which are new. You can see how he has progressed (he is even singing about war and stuff :stunned:!)

oo, new album? i like him, but i don't know too much of him. maybe its time a get one of his albums...

I agree. ;)

Hey....he is great for chillout music!! Doesn't everybody need to relax sometimes??

Justin I reccommend that if you start you get In Between Dreams. But I don't know if you like that kind of music, it's very laid back acoustic guitar-ish.

• 2 years later...

How did you like the last CD? I've listened to bits and pieces, but it didn't sound as laid back as his first 3 CDs (excluding Curious George). I have it, but I was wondering whether or not it is worth a listen.

Sleep Through the Static is a solid album. It's my least favourite Jack album though, I find it goes a little slow sometimes. Has different instrument combos from the other albums, this one tends to favour the piano and accordion and such. It really doesn't feel as upbeat and light as the other albums, not as much awesome acoustic guitar.

but it has some good tracks, like If I Had Eyes, What You Thought You Need, and Monsoon. a lot of people love Angel.

So there's my album review. It's kinda meh. but I reccommend En Concert more. nice selection of live songs.