✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

* Final Tracklist and short review from british newspaper *

kathy_p

ok guys, one of the popular british newspapers has been given an exclusive listen to the album and here is a paraphrased version of their comments on each track:

1. SQUARE ONE

Cert to open live shows. Heavy feel with lots of guitars and haunting lyrics. Chris sings: "Is there anybody out there who is lost and lonely too?"

2. WHAT IF

Best song on the album and one of the band's best ever. Chris's soft voice and piano are in full force. When the anticipated guitar sound kicks in, reminiscent of Yellow, the hair on my neck stood on end. A Sergeant Pepper ending.

3. WHITE SHADOWS:

Gospel inspired with lots of organ and a very U2 sounding riff. Chris was listening to reggae great Jimmy Cliff when he wrote this.

4. FIX YOU:

Church organ start reminded me of Procol Harum's 1967 great A Whiter Shade of Pale. Cello and strings lead to an epic end to the five minute track.

5. X&Y:

Heavily influenced by Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Strawberry Fields from the Beatles. Starts with moving, soft vocals and strings.

6. SPEED OF SOUND:

The first single. The opening piano reminded me of Clocks. Drummer Will shines and guitarist Jon adds riffs that Edge would be proud of. Very catchy.

7. A MESSAGE:

Acoustic guitar and no doubt which Hollywood actress the songs's message is meant for. Lyrics include the line: "I'm nothing without you, I'm nothing on my own."

8. LOW:

Big, festival sound. Will be great live with Guy's thumping bass and loud mix of guitars, synth and drums. Massive ending makes it spine-tingling.

9. LET'S TALK:

Opens with a melody borrowed from Kraftwerk, though Coldplay do it with guitars, not synths. For me, this is one of the album's highlights. It's got No1 single written all over it. Vocal reminded me of The Killers.

10. SWALLOWED IN THE SEA:

This could easily be a massive single with its haunting lyrics, apparently about the loss of a loved one. Chris's vocals are accompanied by a cello before the rest of the band kick in for a rousing finish. A touching, beautiful song.

11. TWISTED LOGIC:

A sampe of Coldplay when they are angry. The lyrics are about what might happen to the world in the future if we don't look after our planet - or the people that live on it.

kathy :)

yeah' date=' which one? Hey Alessa, nice avatar :D[/quote']

Apparently was in The Sun. Don't bother looking online for more though as on their website they tell you that you need to buy it to read the review. It was listened to at EMI HQ which if true means the album has probably been mixed.

Re: * Final Tracklist and short review from british newspape

9. LET'S TALK:

Opens with a melody borrowed from Kraftwerk, though Coldplay do it with guitars, not synths. For me, this is one of the album's highlights. It's got No1 single written all over it. Vocal reminded me of The Killers.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

this is brilliant news, i am really excited about the newer new songs now, such as low and swallowed by the sea, especially TWISTED LOGIC........i beleive this to be the tracklisting except there are 2 things i dont like. I like TALK better than LETS TALK. I also think What If should not be near the start of the album like that, i think it would be better in the 5 spot. Oh well I am so excited know, this is better........hey anyone remember ZERO THEORY?? lol. Guys i think this one is legit.

I have a little theory about Talk - I think it's the Ken Nelson mix since it sounds a lot like the mix from Crests of Waves and I Ran Away and stuff - maybe they redid the whole song for the new producer that they brought in and got a bunch more ideas with.

• 2 weeks later...

also debs just said she likes LOW

when asked about her favourite songs on the official board:

On the new album it's Square One, Low and What If. I really like Talk though. White Shadows is cool too.

From the good old days I love Such A Rush and Bigger Stronger for pure selfish nostalgic reasons, but that said, I love Parachutes for the same reason. Shiver is just brilliant and Yellow is still their anthem. Good to see Sparks is back in the set.

On the 2nd album my faves were Politik, GPASUYF, A Rush Of Blood and Amsterdam. Daylight & One I Love were great live too.

So, I find it hard to pick one! I'm very lucky though cos I have quite a lot of songs that have never appeared anywhere and are just demos, some of those are so special.