✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris' Voice

owenrees_73

I actually thought the opposite... I loved Chris' voice on AROBTTH... i actaully think he has gotten better but i think the subtle flaws in his vocals really added to the coldplay sound on past album

It's great that Chris' singing is improving... But it does make his singing sound like just another line in the overall song structure (albeit a perfect-sounding one), and it gets lost instead of being the centrepiece it has always been in CP songs

There! I think I finally pinpointed my issue with SOS :o

Now I can go back to enjoying the song in peace... :D

It's great that Chris' singing is improving... But it does make his singing sound like just another line in the overall song structure (albeit a perfect-sounding one)' date=' and it gets lost instead of being the centrepiece it has always been in CP songs[/quote']

I know what you mean and I agree with it... :/ You can have some more points of critique about SOS (and people do), but - while SOS is good imo - this has to do with how the whole album might sound... With Chris' voice as a line in a flawless music structure... Im kinda afraid of that!

while SOS is good imo - this has to do with how the whole album might sound... With Chris' voice as a line in a flawless music structure... Im kinda afraid of that!

Me too! Very afraid... :worried:

It seems likely they are headed that way since the band goes for equality between its members

while SOS is good imo - this has to do with how the whole album might sound... With Chris' voice as a line in a flawless music structure... Im kinda afraid of that!

It seems likely they are headed that way since the band goes for equality between its members

Im not against that, actually. I just am, like you, afraid of the SOS effect. That the tracks might be too bland and predictable when produced like SOS. On the other hand Im confident that the songs are good! Kind of a contradiction, but uhm lets be positive shall we? :P

We'll hear! :)

Im not against that, actually. I just am, like you, afraid of the SOS effect. That the tracks might be too bland and predictable when produced like SOS. On the other hand Im confident that the songs are good! Kind of a contradiction, but uhm lets be positive shall we? :P

We'll hear! :)

Yes yes... I'm with you, all the way.

Maybe it's the producing rather than the band per se

Till X&Y then... Coldplay rule! :smash:

Are we actually complaining that Chris has imporved his voice? :stunned:

the old songs are great for many reasons, but I just don't see how anyone could hope for little mistakes in his voice in songs :confused:

Nope, not at all... totally think his voice improvement is a good thing. :pleased:

It's just that:

1. Really did like the little quirks in his voice (they're ironed out now)... Made him sound more everyman (like us!)

2. IMO I think the band need to make that voice a main focus in their music again.. not just another line in their songs. Btw, Talk (the leaked one) is a good example of what I'm referring to :D

know Chris got some vocal coaching and stuff over the past year, and to me it is evident he has improved. In particular, the quality of his singing on Speed Of Sound is imaculate!

yeah he has one of the best voices i've ever heard

it's really quite sexy :lol:

and his normal speaking voice is quite nice too :cool:

lol' date=' maybe people is going to disagree with me but I think Chris is the vital essence of Coldplay, the other guys would be replaced easily if they aren't anymore.[/quote']

Yeah, what are you talking about?

Jonny, Guy and Will are just as much the essence of Coldplay. Jonny provides our favorite riffs and without him we wouldn't get stuff like Daylight.

Guy gives us the memorable bass lines from Clocks, Daylight, Everything's Not Lost, Amsterdam and the rest.

Will is just Will. ;) Gotta love 'im.