✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris' Voice

owenrees_73

I think he has a bad voice, constantly stuck between two notes he never makes a clear sound unless hes talking. Like Melanie C, if thats a good kind of distinctive.

It works for some Coldplay songs like the chorus of SOS, or the chorus of Yellow, theres a nice buzz or murmur to it. But in songs like the Scientist, eugh.

Yes I know you disagree. Blegh.

its like power rangers' date=' together they become COLDPLAY :)[/quote']

that was funny :)

but aren't the power rangers replaced evnetually just like menudo.

...oh, and i have to say i love mr. martin's voice. it's gorgeous.

I think he has a bad voice' date=' constantly stuck between two notes he never makes a clear sound unless hes talking.[/quote']

That may be, but I think it's intentional... I guess you'd be quite pitch-perfect to be able to hear the difference so I assume you know a bit about music then... Would it help if I suggested that he was singing in microtones (to make the sounds richer)? :P

Of course, that doesn't mean you have to like it :D

think he has a bad voice, constantly stuck between two notes he never makes a clear sound unless hes talking. Like Melanie C, if thats a good kind of distinctive.

It works for some Coldplay songs like the chorus of SOS, or the chorus of Yellow, theres a nice buzz or murmur to it. But in songs like the Scientist, eugh.

Yes I know you disagree. Blegh.

ever the pessimist :P :P :lol:

but zat is your opinion :)

I think he has a bad voice' date=' constantly stuck between two notes he never makes a clear sound unless hes talking.[/quote']

That may be, but I think it's intentional... I guess you'd be quite pitch-perfect to be able to hear the difference so I assume you know a bit about music then... Would it help if I suggested that he was singing in microtones (to make the sounds richer)? :P

Hahaha! Thats likely. :rolleyes: :D

Yes kirst! But we may as well mix it up a bit eh? :smug:

Hahaha! Thats likely. :rolleyes: :D

Yes kirst! But we may as well mix it up a bit eh? :smug:

Glad you agree! :lol:

That's not a voice

I think Chris' voice is natural, he doesn't try to make it sound perfect and it just comes out of his heart, that's just what makes it sound amazing. As i listen over and over to Speed of Sound, it's clear to me that he has improved a lot, but it keeps that tone that makes you feel Coldplay is as magical as always, and nobody can deny that it's unique, when you listen to his voice, you know it's him.

I don't know the rest of you but Chris' voice gives me a lot of emotions every time i listen to Coldplay, i think he is amazing, that's not a voice, that's heavenly music to my ears.

I agree...Chris may not have the greatest voice ever but it's absolutely perfect for Coldplay. Imagine Coldplay with a different lead singer...like maybe the guy from Simple Plan or something, hahah, I can honestly say I don't think I'd like them so much anymore!.. :lol:

he's so much better now i think :) along with thom yorke and jónsi from sigur rós he's got one of the most distinctive voices i can remember

Actually, I think Thom Yorke sounds a lot like Matt Bellamy from Muse. Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks this... :)

he's so much better now i think :) along with thom yorke and jónsi from sigur rós he's got one of the most distinctive voices i can remember

Actually, I think Thom Yorke sounds a lot like Matt Bellamy from Muse. Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks this... :)

maybe but radiohead is definitely older than muse so i think matt's voice sounds like thom's :lol: