✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Beach Boys

• 6 years later...
I really like this band a lot. Unfortunately I'm more familular with their hit songs. Still no denying how important/great they were in the 60's... still I'm a bit sided towards the Beatles :P

Yeah, I'm probably a bigger Beatles fan, too. The Beach Boys are much more of a singles band (with the exception of Pet Sounds). But I love both bands, and their careers follow similar paths. Not only were they competing against each other, but they both moved from pop songs to far more advanced arrangements. My parents used to play the Beach Boys and Beatles over and over, and I just became a fan.

Songs like Don't Worry Baby, Warmth of the Sun, Surfer Girl, and God Only Knows have some of the best harmonies I've ever heard. And songs like Wouldn't It Be Nice, Sloop John B, and Good Vibrations are just genius, IMO. Too bad Brian Wilson rows with one oar in the water.

• 1 year later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

These guys are my new favourite band. Listened to them A LOT over the summer and I just absolutely love them. Pet Sounds for me is better than any Beatles record but that's just my opinion!

Anyone anticipating the release of "Smile", the greatest record never to have been released finally to be released on October 31st? Smiley Smile replaced it in 1967 but that record really leaves me scratching my head! I know it's largely just the cuts/bootlegs of the original Smile sessions but I'm still looking forward to seeing how it turns out.