✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

OH!

I think I might have already mentioned this...but I bet that id The Arcade FIre held a concert here where I live ( A place called THE Woodlands ..yes the atricle "the" is strictly included) it would be a blowout because Win Butler and his brother Will, were born here where I live now. I would imagine that they would come around here if they come to Texas. They were in Texas not too long ago for Austin City Limits, but at the time, I did not know that :(

Anyway just thought I would mention that.

The Woodlands National Anthem

I guess we'll have to move

The neighborhood is on to us

Let's join the little babe's

throwin' rocks in front of us

Riding on my bicycle

I pass my sister on a bus

Let's take the country road before our parents send for us

Trees keep fallin' at my feet

I guess it's time to build a boat

Make a raft of our bodies

Do you think that it'll float?

What I said was not a joke,

But you just licked the envelope

I'm tired of dating, let's elope

But you just licked the envelope

Three cheers for my parents,

Lonely failed experiments!

Three cheers for my parents,

Lonely failed experiments!

Don't you dare blame my parents

I'm the only failed experiment

Don't you dare blame your parents

You're the only failed experiment

Don't you dare blame your grandparents

Mom's the only failed experiment

Don't you dare blame your grandparents

Dad's the only failed experiment

Don't blame God

Just blame God

Don't blame God

Okay okay, so after I learned about this song (just now)

I had to look it up. So i live here in The Woodlands and there are/were many many trees (hence the name, THe Woodlands...but many are being knocked down to build useless shit) and really, no one likes it here because it is a town that is all research (in fact, there is an area called Research Forest)

Many posh families live here in big mansions and commute between The Woodlands and the city of Houston(where they work for big money companies). And it is popular to see kids who have very very wealthy parents who work all the time and the kids hardly ever see their parents.

I can see why (I read this somewhere) Win and Will Butler don't like The Woodlands because it is a town of overly wealthy growth and people feel trapped here because there is nothing to do but drugs, shopping, and fancy restaurants and the such.

I prollllly didn't explain this well enough ..but reading the lyrics makes me think his family life was similar to that of what I see here in THe Woodlands.

sniggirb and sloppy (the name is Crystal) :wink:

Yeah, it was a pretty candy find for me :) And it makes sense (the song) to where I live and the type of people that are a majority here.

^ ^ ^ Power Out is a really pretty song! :cheesy:

And I would have to agreee about their live stuff... I haven't seen em live, but heard some live stuffs. And it studio versions rarely compare to them jamming it up live. :sweatdrop: Usually live versions are harder for me to listen to...but The Arcade FIre is an exception.

I love their album' date=' really. The whole thing from top to bottom, especially the bottom; really liking Haiti and In The Backseat is such a great song. The ending is basically phenomenal. I love how she lets loose near the end of the song too. :cool:[/quote']

This is true :cheesy:

Sometimes, okay..always - Regine's voice just plain amazes me! It really belongs with their genre of music. In everysong...her voice is just meant to be :)