✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

Yeah' date=' the song sounds happy enough to qualify as an uplifting song (apart from noticing the lyrics and it's meaning), especially with the guitar, flute (?) and xylophone parts and the fast beat. dont worry, I'll look like an idiot with you ;) .[/quote']

thank you. :lol:

well it's not like i'm not interested in background of the songs cus i am, i love that, but cus of all the french in song i never noticed any lyrics. :\

heh...sorry, but it is best to know the truths behind these things. Then you know where the artists are coming from :)

Like that song by Billy Holiday called Strange Fruit. It's real low and (creepy if you aske me) but since it exhibited her strong voice in a beautiful way ... most people didn't care to notice that the lyrics where so very sick! The lyrics speak of the hangings of blacks/african american people ....

yeah.

BUT i don't understand how people didn't notice them till some closer analysis ( :huh: ) what they meant! I mean ..singing those lyrics out loud...would give it all away...but uh.

Strange Fruit

Southern trees bear strange fruit,

Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,

Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,

Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south,

The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth,

Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,

Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck,

For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,

For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop,

Here is a strange and bitter crop.

Some songs are like that, making you have to think twice about it. which is a good thing i guess because it makes us actually think about the song? another example is Girl by Beck. the song and video seems very poppy but the lyrics are pretty dark.

how do you explain to someone in your car listening to this tune all happy-go-lucky that it's about killing someone and putting her out of her misery? and in the video, many positive things are compressed to show the negative hidden message.

and

i love this song :)

Some songs are like that, making you have to think twice about it. which is a good thing i guess because it makes us actually think about the song? another example is Girl by Beck. the song and video seems very poppy but the lyrics are pretty dark.

how do you explain to someone in your car listening to this tune all happy-go-lucky that it's about killing someone and putting her out of her misery? and in the video, many positive things are compressed to show the negative hidden message.

and

i love this song :)

Hah! That 'Girl' song by Beck has just about as dark as they can get lyrics in it! But when you hear the song, you could just bop along and smile...if you don't actually listen to the song :confused:

It would be "mean" to tell someone what the song talks about ... and it is completely up to a person to find out what a song really means..either they wanna know, or they don't ..you know how it is?

"I saw her, yeah I saw her with her black tongue tied

Round the roses

Fist pounding on a vending machine

Toy diamond ring stuck on her finger

With a noose she can hang from the sun

And put it out with her dark sunglasses

Walking crooked down the beach

She spits on the sand where their bones are bleaching

And I know I'm gonna steal her eye

She doesn't even know what's wrong

And I know I'm gonna make her die

Take her where her soul belongs

And I know I'm gonna steal her eye

Nothing that I wouldn't try ..."

But I guess I am just the type of person that would rather know what it really meant, it gives you a better idea, and it makes you love it all the more...holding that knowledge about while you sing the song.

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

someone. i need, your help.

i just opened arcadefire.net and arctic monkeys showed up!

it says something like :

Please do not adjust your monitors, no you are not on drugs... The fact is... The Arcade Fire are SOOOO 2004. The Arctic Monkeys are totally fresh and blow The Arcade Fire away. I figure they don't have a new album coming out until 2007 and won't be touring much until then either, so why not dedicate my time & effort towards a more current/active group.

Plus, i mean look at that Alex Turner, he's such a dreamboat... Win Butler has nothing on him... NOTHING.

It shouldn't be that huge of adjustment for anyone, i mean afterall, Arctic Monkeys comes right after Arcade Fire alphabetically, it's a no brainer!

is this a joke or what?

ok maybe im just too overreacted but..

wtf?? :bigcry:

i feel hurt :dozey: