✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This story- Funny, or terrible?

Reilly

A North Texas school district has apologized to a student identified only as "Black Girl" in a high school yearbook photo of the school's National Honor Society.

image001.jpg

All white students are identified by name in the photograph in the Waxahachie High School yearbook distributed Friday

image002.jpg

The teen identified as "Black Girl" is the only black student in the photo.

image003.jpg

"I was embarrassed," said the student, Shadoyia Jones. "I was disappointed that they didn't catch the error."

Waxahachie school district spokeswoman Candace Ahlfinger said the district and the school board issued an immediate apology when the caption was reported.

She told the Waxahachie Daily Light that the label was a poor choice, but it was not meant maliciously nor meant to be printed.

Ahlfinger said the caption apparently was intended as a placeholder until the yearbook staff could identify the student.

"If it was a placeholder, why would you put that?" Jones asked. "Anything else would have worked for me but that."

Ahlfinger said the district is having the four pages affected by the mistake reprinted as soon as possible.[/img]

this was defo done intentially.. yearbooks go through so many editing processes its nearly impossible to miss something like that. The person who typed it and the person in charge of editing it are definitely to blame. Its malicious indeed.. however.. even though I dont think its funny.. I would hate to think Reilly is a rascist... :stunned: