✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

the video for Fix You ...

swallowedinamessage

You mean, will the next video just be a pretty advertisement trying to sell the album on the band's sex appeal, like Clocks and Speed of Sound and God Put a Smile on Your Face, or will it be an actual artistic video like all their videos from before that?

How does everyone know Fix You is the next single anyway... it would be a good single but I think they should go for White Shadows next, because the first single was a piano song. White Shadows is basically a U2 ripoff, but it's so much better than what U2 is doing these days. If they want to be the biggest rock band in the world, they release White Shadows. If they keep releasing only the slow ballad singles they'll completely lose any rock audience.

Square One would be good too, actually, because it's both a slow ballad and a rocker. With a little editing for time, I predict that would be a massive hit, maybe the biggest they've ever had. It's like "Politik" but a bit more tamed for radio. Anyone can relate to the lyrics.

How does everyone know Fix You is the next single anyway...

Well for one thing, here it said so: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:fRLsAs9mmgcJ:www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7935073/site/newsweek/+coldplay%27s+next+single&hl=en&start=7

"Both are lovely, but "Fix You," which is slated to be the second single, is the band's most elementally moving song since their breakthrough hit "Yellow."

I think they should go for White Shadows next, because the first single was a piano song. White Shadows is basically a U2 ripoff, but it's so much better than what U2 is doing these days. If they want to be the biggest rock band in the world, they release White Shadows. If they keep releasing only the slow ballad singles they'll completely lose any rock audience.

Square One would be good too, actually, because it's both a slow ballad and a rocker. With a little editing for time, I predict that would be a massive hit, maybe the biggest they've ever had. It's like "Politik" but a bit more tamed for radio. Anyone can relate to the lyrics.

hmm....good point.

I think they should go for White Shadows next, because the first single was a piano song. White Shadows is basically a U2 ripoff, but it's so much better than what U2 is doing these days. If they want to be the biggest rock band in the world, they release White Shadows. If they keep releasing only the slow ballad singles they'll completely lose any rock audience.

hmm....good point.

I completely agree, White Shadows would be an ideal single at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
A simple video will focus on the song.

A complex video will draw people away from the song into watching the video.

Hear hear!!! that's a very good point mate ;) i think that, although a live video can be a tad boring, it's a nice choice for such a powerful song

A simple video will focus on the song.

A complex video will draw people away from the song into watching the video.

Hear hear!!! that's a very good point mate ;) i think that, although a live video can be a tad boring, it's a nice choice for such a powerful song

It's time they stopped doing "live performances" videos :rolleyes:

They have so much more artistically than that... Remember Trouble (both versions were beautiful)? One or two concert-based vids were a nice change but they haven't had a proper video with a "storyline" since The Scientist