✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kanye West!

it was a struggle to catch onto his style, his flow is so sporatic and seemingly disjointed on the surface, but it hits parts of the beats that dont even exist and brings that to surface as opposed to rhyming on the end beat of every bar and emphasizing it, like the Beastie Boys. They've had the same damn flow for 20 years and nobody is catching onto this. 1 raps most of the line, then the line ends with all 3 screaming the last word. It's annoying as hell.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea they are legends, i agree that they were a neccessary step in the growth of rap. THey took rap to suburbia, which in turn gave hiphop the much needed money to really take off. Of course, this also enabled very very baaaaddddd rappers to get signed etc etc, but hey, its a war of attrition, this world of music searching

You know who has surprised me though...The Clipse

They have the ultimate hookup in having the Neptunes as friends (go back to earlier days in Virginia- hometown heros!), so all their beats are gonna be catchy and innovative, however even though i was very wary of an all-Neptunes produced album, considering i was expecting that would be the only thing going for it, Lord Willin turned out to be very good indeed!

i just get mad that the Lil Johns and JaRules are the reasons people hate rap, because most people (that i know, anyways) are very quick to make judgements about genres of music just from those they see all over MTV and on crappy radio

qn5?

cant say i have

check'em out...

one of the dudes there (tonedeff), he and I dated in high school!! lol he's been rhyming since he was like 9 yrs old... he's good!! They are on their own label co-signed with another indie label.. but they're a good bunch. Havent seen Tone since 1994... but I like to promote good music, you know what I mean?

http://www.qn5.com/

all this talk of rap reminds me, i am still the reigning freestyle chamption of my beach week house. sweet.

irony there? I'm a blonde white prep school kid living in the former capital of the Confederacy....yea i dunno what happened to me, all my friends like country and classic rock- i took the road less traveled, and it has made all the difference :lol:

see, im not too sure about eminem's latest effort...not a real big fan of any of the new stuff

marshall mathers LP= classic, eminem show, also had a few good tunes

he needs to pick something other than a "zany make fun of celebs" type single

especially something he doesnt produce :confused:

when he's with Dre on the beats, he's unstoppable (or if hes pissed at another rapper- see mixtapes vs. Benzino)