Professor Peedston

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BUMP!

So, apparently this guy's good. And honestly, I have never listened to a full song of his before. I know, I know, blasphemy and all that. BUT I do want to start listening to him (or at least give him the chance).

So, SS fans, I need recommendations. Should I listen to specific tracks, listen to an album...? And if so, which ones? Thanks guys! :)

Listen to Illinois first, it's undeniably one of his best albums. If you would love to try track by track, try Chicago, John Wayne Gacy Jr., Come On Feel the Illinoise! and The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is out to Get Us!

Then you might give other albums a listen, you can try Michigan or Seven Swans. If you find Illinois as a good record, you can try The Avalanche EP as a complementary.

Or else you can try his new stuffs, which is equally good, but is a bit different - The Age of Adz and All Delighted People EP.

It's not dangerously off or anything, so I wouldn't be too concerned-at least, not right now. I can tell it's different, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's bad. I will say that to me, now that I think about it, his voice seems a bit more stressed on those two albums than on the other ones, like he has trouble sometimes getting certain notes out.