✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Lyrics (confusing.....)

green eyes88

I'm finding I listen to Coldplay because I like the music, and I really enjoy singing along to the songs because I feel like I get the lyrics, and I can identify with what is said. But thinking about it, I really don't understand 75% of the lyrics- even in the songs I really like. I never know what the song is about.

For example, what not gonna be easy in The Scientist??

Plz. help me.....

In my case at least, I never know what Chris is saying in his lyrics because they don't make sense, but I still know what he means. It's like he's trying to throw words at something words can't quite describe to see if anything sticks.

For instance in "Fix You" it goes "lights will guide you home/ and ignite your bones/ and I will try to fix you." I was so moved when I heared it for the first time, then creeped out when I heared it the second time... lights will guide you home- What? Like the aliens will look after you or something?

But at the same time, it is the best song that I have ever heard talk about that feeling of helplessness that I have when someone I care about has lost someone.

from what i've noticed in all the songs i listened by them (which is pretty much all of them), chris talks a lot about making the future better, about love, about being saved and being in pain.

i love the lyrics because even though they're simple, i love how they can pulsate the emotions strongly within you using easy ways of saying it. the ambient, heartfelt music is usually the support to give the words the ride into your head using color, heart, and soul. i have noticed that...that the music impacts, emphasizes, and syncs which results in a powerful, emotional delivery of beautiful music.

and in "Fix You" when he says "lights will guide you home", he is basically saying if you believe in hope, that hope (being light) will guide you home. it's a metaphor.

My view on this is, remember Duran Duran 20 years ago? What the hell were they on when they wrote? Save a prayer for what? If a tune is catchy with a rhythm that never leaves your head, it's worked. Almost all Coldplay songs have this effect on us...

well...i think that every person undestands every song in their own way...and it´s also about how do you feel when you listen the song..maybe you are moved because of the music or because of the lyrics....you can undertand the lyrics without understanding it? do you know what i mean? :o

I LOVE POLITIKS LYRICS, CAUSE I DONT QUITE UNDERSTAND THE "POLITIK" PART BUT I THINK IT SAYS,

GIVE ME TIME, SPACE, THIS, THIS, AND THAT

BUT GIVE ME LOVE OVER, LOVE OVER THIS

YEAH WE WANT THINGS, TIME, KOOL STUFF BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT IS LOVE :P