✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My X Tracks & Y Tracks Theory

IneedYou23

I know there was another thread on this somewhere but i couldnt find it so i apologize.I think someone might have had this theory also but im not sure.But i think that the 2 sides(X Tracks&Y Tracks)have something to do with one another.There was one theory goin around that the X tracks are more upbeat and the Y tracks were more mellow or it might have been the other way around.

I thought about a theory the other day.Someone might have said this earlier somewhere else,if so i dont take credit for it.But i was lookin at the cd and all the X tracks are labeled X1,X2,X3,etc. The the Y tracks Y1,Y2,Y3,etc. So i think that the matching numbers,for example,"X1-Square One and Y1-Speed of Sound"have someting to do with one another.Be it being opposite from one another like Chris explained that was kind of the meaning of X&Y,or continuing a theme or story between the 2 songs.

Im not sure though i could be wrong,im still listening to the songs back to back.Ill listen to Square one,then Speed Of Sound to see if there is anything i can catch between the 2 songs and im gonna do that for all the others.I dont know i could be wrong but its a decent theory i think to try and check out.Plus i think it would be fun lol.But what do you guys think.Have any theories?

There is definitly a difference between the X's and the Y's: the X tracks seem to be darker, more mysterious than the Y tracks (to me at least).

Also, Fix You (X4) is the opposite of The Hardest Part (Y4), lyrically speaking ("I'll try to fix you" from Fix You and then "you really broke my heart" from The Hardest Part). So that could be one of the differences you mentioned.

I got another one.X2 What IF & Y2-A Message. "What if you should decide that you dont want me there by your side,that you dont want me there in you life?"And,"You dont have to be alone.""You dont have to be on your own"

Seems pretty opposite yea?

musically, the numbers seem to match

Specially the 2's 3's and 6's

6's are very pink floydish

Square 1, Speed of Sound

What if, A Message

White Shadows, Low

Fix You, The Hardest Part

Talk, Swallowed in the Sea

X&Y, Twisted Logic

i dont know this for sure - but aren't all the x tracks written by the band as a whole whilst the y songs were just written by chris? i know that chris wrote a message pretty much on his own and it seems to me that you can tell its a group effort on some of the x tracks - e.g. - white shadows and square one

Someone gave me a connection between Talk and Swallowed in the Sea.Talk says,"or write a song nobody had sung."And Swallowed in the Sea says."I could write a song 100 miles long."So there could be some kind of connection there.

what if and a message...what if is talking about bad things happening "what if you should decide that you dont want me there in your life" and a message is saying how much he needs the person "and im nothing on my own, got to get that message home"

I dont really see how these are lyrical opposites :confused:

You mean you don't understand how climbing all the way way way way up and high to the sun and getting drowned way way way down in the bottom of the sea aren't opposites?

I dont really see how these are lyrical opposites :confused:

You mean you don't understand how climbing all the way way way way up and high to the sun and getting drowned way way way down in the bottom of the sea aren't opposites?

No, the ones crackerjack posted, I dont see how these are lyrical opposites.