We're dead and just,

A slave to our hormones,

so don't mind us.

Another one.

Don't look under the bed

It grips you when you're all alone

When darkness turns your world to black and grey

What didn't reach your ears when the sun shone

Now whispered by the shadows; don't you hear what they say?

"Forget your friends, forget the love

Forget the peace of your own mind

We'll be with you, they'll betray you,

Only pain is what you'll find

Forget the forests and the flowers

Forget the silence of the sky

We're forever, they will die

Only fire burns within..."

And the fear refuels your monsters

And you'll give up without a struggle

As the black blinds all the thought

You'll cry and cower in a corner

For all the times that you have fought

For all the things that you have lost

And for all the tears it has cost

It grips me when I'm all alone,

When darkness turns my world to black and grey

Figments of my imagination, they want to be here and to stay

But if I just ignore them

they will surely go away...?

To the teenager

Don't hear our voice

Don't see our face

Since the day we were born

We're out of place

Ignore our mind

Pretend we're not

Til we grow up

When you forgot

The time when you were

Just like us

Unspoken,

Unheard, just

Forever buried in this silence in us

Forgotten,

We're dead and just,

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust

Don't let them in

Don't let them win

Don't let them get

To your inside

Don't tell them shit

Keep every bit

Of you to you

Just run and hide

And tell them of when they were

Just like us

Unspoken,

Unheard, just

Forgotten,

We're dead and just,

Out of your room, out of your trust

Stay inside till you grow up

Then stay awake until it stops

Unspoken,

Unheard, just

Forgotten,

We're dead and just,

A slave to our hormones,

so don't mind us.

Deep stuff, remindes me of american poet Alan Edgar Poe, that is his Raven poem(I can't remember the title exactly), never more never more...something something

Don't leave me

Lying on the dried-out grass

In your arms, away from all of this

You'd love me, and with a tender kiss

Make all my problems pass

But meanwhile, my soul burns up

It's all a dream, will never be

I want to make it go, just stop

Cause your blue eyes are all I can see

And inside of me, I ran and ran

And the memory of you would vaguely float away

Till I would not remember you, but your eyes and voice will stay

And above the raging storm of my disordered mind

They shout at me for who I am, and crave to let me find

You within these barren planes,

To find myself again

Another short story.

Music.

“Thomas..Thomas. Thomas!”.

He woke up, confused. At first he didn’t know where he was. Then he recognized it. Shit. A classroom. The angry face of Mr. Fisher looked down on him. “Had a rough night then, oi? Go wear off your hangover in the principal’s office then!” Tom grinned apologetically to his classmates and left the classroom. He plodded sleepily through the hallway, to the principal’s office. Suddenly he bumped into someone. “Hey, look out!” someone said. He looked up into the grinning face of his best friend Sarah. He grinned. “Sorry, had a bad night. Hardly any sleep. I dozed off during Fisher’s class, gotta go to the principal again.” She laughed. “Guess he’ll be most delighted to welcome dear old Thomas Connigan in his room once more.” He smiled. “Yeah, he’ll probably act all fatherly and nice and give me a good neck rub, right.” She nodded. “Hey I’ve gotta go now, I’m in the bathroom right now, as you can clearly see,” she said, waving her hand at an imaginary toilet, “for half an hour already, but d’you wanna do anything this afternoon?” Tom scratched the back of his head, flipping through the pages of his agenda in his mind. “Yeah, I’d love to,” he said, after deciding he’d finished his homework, “meet at yours at four?”

-“Fine, I’ll get Freddy’s drums ready, you bring your guitar and amps okay?”

-“Great, see you then!”

-“Have fun at the principal’s, say hi to him from me. And to your mum as well!”

-“I will, you go back to your class, they’ll think you flushed yourself down that toilet by now.”

-“Bye!”

-“Bye!”

Sarah walked back to her class, Tom slowly proceeded towards the small office. He carefully knocked on the door. “Yes?”. A stern voice came from behind the desk. “It’s Thomas Connigan, sir..” he said, hesitating. “...And?” the voice sounded again. “Well, I kind of...fell asleep during Mr. Fisher’s class, sir.” The chair swiveled.

-“And why exactly, boy, did you fall asleep during class?”

-“Because I didn’t sleep well, sir.”

-“And why was that? Did you party with your friends? Did you stay up late? Were you ill?”

-“No sir, just didn’t sleep well. I guess...My mom is ill, I worry about her.”

-“....Well then, go sleep the rest of the hour in the cafeteria, but don’t bother anyone with your snoring.”

Tom looked up, surprised. “Excuse me, sir?” The chair swiveled back. “But next time you will get into trouble, young lad, so make sure you sleep well. You heard me, off you go!” Tom stood still for a while, then muttered a thank you and left. Shaking his head in surprise, he descended the stairs.

He stared out of a window to the grey clouds and the rain, completely absent minded. The chalk scribbled on and on on the blackboard, the teacher droned something about reproductional techniques and Tom started trying to follow raindrops all the way to the ground. “Tommy, you’re not paying attention!” someone whispered. He woke up from his daze and looked around. Sarah’s worried face look at him from behind her glasses. “Tom, I thought you liked biology?” He stared at her for a while. “Yeah, sure. I like it, just a bit...distracted, or something...” She looked at him inquiringly.

–“Is it your mother?”

-“Yeah, it’s just...She’s not getting any better you know?”

-“I know, it’s been over five months now...Do they know what she has?”

-“No, and it bugs me...What if it’s...Something more than just a headache?”

-“Why would that be?”

-“Sarah, she starts forgetting things. I can tell her I got an A in math like five times, and still she’ll ask what I got in math.”

-“My God...Have you told them?”

-“They say it’s a temporary thing, it’ll pass.”

-“Maybe it will...I hope so.”

-“Yeah me too, but...”

Mr. Fisher interrupted them. “Thomas and Sarah. Would you stop trying to reproduce yourself over there and pay more attention to the theory about that action?” Laughter all around. “Yes Mr. Fisher.” Sarah said. To Thomas, she added quietly: “Give me a call if you feel down okay? I’ll be at the other end if you need me.” He nodded. “I know, I know. Thanks a lot. I’ll call if I need you.” Tom turned his head back to the blackboard, feigning attention. His mind was somewhere else.

“What do you mean, there’s something wrong with my mum?!” He almost shouted down the phone. The man at the other side started a complicated explanation with lots of Latin terms in it. “No I don’t wanna hear what she has, I wanna know why you didn’t find that out half a year ago!” The man fell silent. “Well?” Thomas was on the verge of tears. The man said something about being sorry, and contacting as soon as possible, and sending an ambulance over to come and get her. Tom muttered a vague yes and slammed the receiver down. He sat down on the couch and cried.

His twin sister walked in. “They’re taking her to the hospital aren’t they?” she said quietly. He nodded. She stood still for a while, then suddenly kicked the trash can through the living room. It crashed into a wall and rolled under the table. “For God’s sake, why always us? First dad and now mum!” she shouted. “She’s not dead yet, she’s just ill!” Thomas yelled back at her. “It’s not like with dad, he just...he had a heart attack, there was nothing they could do!” Susie starts crying too. They hug. “Okay, let’s just...calm down” she sobs. “And let’s call Sarah, she’ll....maybe she knows what to do...”

They stand by their mother’s bed. She looks pale and worn out, but her eyes are bright. “How was school today?” she asks. Tom and Susie answer simultaneously. “Yeah, fine.” They laugh. “Do the doctors know what you have yet?” Susie asks awkwardly. “No, but they think there’s something wrong with a blood vessel in my brain, it’s pushing against part of it. That’s what might have caused the headaches and the amnesia.” Tom smiles reassuringly. “Well, it’s probably no big deal, they’ll fix it in no time, Mummy.” She smiles back. She doesn’t notice the uncertainty in his eyes.

Tom strums his guitar furiously. F major, A minor, C major, E minor, A minor, E minor, G major, B minor, again and again. Sarah drums a basic rhythm underneath it, Susie plays bass guitar, just grooving along with the chords.

It’s not any particular song. They’re mostly trying to play the trouble away.

In the hospital bed, Tom and Susie’s mother is slowly fading away. It’s been two years now.

She's barely conscious. They've sedated her heavily after the last operation. The only ways of communication she has left are sign language and sounds that can mean either 'yes' or 'no'. The operation on the faulting vein in her head has had no effect. The blood vessel is pressing against the rest of her brain, causing her vital functions to fall out, one by one. An aneurysm. No cure.

Tom stands alone by her bed. She seems asleep and peaceful. He has no idea what goes on in her mind. She can't say it anymore. Yesterday she had a heart attack and it's a miracle she's still alive. Because she's lost control of her muscles, she can't swallow or speak. She's fed intravenously. Her failing immune system causes her to be open to any attack from outside. Tom stares to the falling snow outside, wonders how long she's ill now. His tired brain adds the days, weeks and months. Despite the fog in his mind, an answer pops up.

Three years.

Susie talks to a doctor. They'll take her to a nursing home. Tommy cries. Mother just stares up at the ceiling, but the tears roll over her bony cheeks. The nursing home will be her final destiny. She'll be looked after twenty-four hours a day, until either her lungs or her heart give up.

Tommy and Susie walk home through a warm, early spring shower. Being twenty years old and her only relatives, they'll have to arrange the funeral.

They're taking her home. After three heart attacks and innumerable times pneumonia, it's been enough. Tom, Susie and Sarah will look after her in her last days.

Without hospital care, she'll die within a week.

Thomas lies on his bed. His mother died yesterday and is moved to the city morgue. He still doesn't really realise she's really gone.

After all, he's already lost the mother he loved years ago.

The funeral was beautiful. Old friends told stories about her, Tom, Susie, Sarah and Freddy played live music. Tom and Susie and two employees from the funeral home had let the coffin down in the grave.

The summer began as they said goodbye to their mother after four and a half years.

Don't leave me

Lying on the dried-out grass

In your arms, away from all of this

You'd love me, and with a tender kiss

Make all my problems pass

But meanwhile, my soul burns up

It's all a dream, will never be

I want to make it go, just stop

Cause your blue eyes are all I can see

And inside of me, I ran and ran

And the memory of you would vaguely float away

Till I would not remember you, but your eyes and voice will stay