✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The La's

ruotal

• 4 years later...

^ well there's really only their debut album and a bunch of rare demos/bsides to listen too really, they were quite a short-lived but fairly inspirational band at the time.

Son of A Gun is a good 'un. Plus there's more on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np4mAy-HlmQ]YouTube- The La's - Son of a Gun (audio only)[/ame]

My god, their album will be 20 years old this November :o That makes me feel old. Noemie, how did you get into them?

^ well there's really only their debut album and a bunch of rare demos/bsides to listen too really, they were quite a short-lived but fairly inspirational band at the time.

Son of A Gun is a good 'un. Plus there's more on youtube.

My god, their album will be 20 years old this November :o That makes me feel old. Noemie, how did you get into them?

I got into them by Noel , (:rolleyes:)

He loves the La's and the bands he hates , I hate too ...

So I thought I would like the La's too ...

and yes :)

you ?

Guest howyousawtheworld

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bzxpWob71M]YouTube- The La's - Feelin' (audio only)[/ame]

Love this song. It's immensely catchy. Better than most the bands on WOM thread no doubt. Criminal that only one album was released!

you ?

well, I'm old enough to remember the album coming out (and buying it on cassette tape ;) ) & hearing There She Goes and the other singles on the radio all the time.

The La's, The Stone Roses, The Wonder Stuff, James, Kingmaker - there were lots of bands like that at the time that were a perfect antidote to all the dance/acid/house type music that seemed to be everywhere then. I guess it was bands like that that shaped my musical tastes pretty early on :D

So, do you guys like Cast aswell then?

Guest howyousawtheworld
well, I'm old enough to remember the album coming out (and buying it on cassette tape ;) ) & hearing There She Goes and the other singles on the radio all the time.

The La's, The Stone Roses, The Wonder Stuff, James, Kingmaker - there were lots of bands like that at the time that were a perfect antidote to all the dance/acid/house type music that seemed to be everywhere then. I guess it was bands like that that shaped my musical tastes pretty early on :D

So, do you guys like Cast aswell then?

Cast as in John Power's, La's bassist, band? I don't own any of there albums but seeing as you mentioned them I'll certainly check them out.

I heard rumours regarding Mavers planning a second La's album (that was a year ago now) but The La's are only the La's with Power and Mavers I feel and maybe with Chris Sharrock on the drums (Oasis's live drummer for their Dig Out Your Soul and OFFICIAL Beady Eye member nowadays!)

Yep, John Power's Cast. I only have All Change from 1995, has some good singles on it, it's very Brit-poppy. I haven't heard much of their other stuff.

And yeah, it'd have to be Mavers/Powers together to make a decent comeback imo. But then there's been a few La's resurrections, it never really seems to take off for them tho :(

Oh and Noemie, if you like checking out Noel's reccommendations, try The Coral too. Noel LOVES them :D

Guest howyousawtheworld
Yep, John Power's Cast. I only have All Change from 1995, has some good singles on it, it's very Brit-poppy. I haven't heard much of their other stuff.

And yeah, it'd have to be Mavers/Powers together to make a decent comeback imo. But then there's been a few La's resurrections, it never really seems to take off for them tho :(

Recall they performed at Glastonbury in 2005 which went down well. Shame they haven't ever actually gotten into the studio again though.

• 10 months later...
Recall they performed at Glastonbury in 2005 which went down well. Shame they haven't ever actually gotten into the studio again though.

I've always thought that was for the best tbh, wouldn't want to see them make their 'Second Coming'.

Guest howyousawtheworld
So , they're together again :wacky:

Playing 'rock en seine' in Paris , I hope they will play other shows too ! :awesome:

Anyone going ?

Awesome! If Lee Mavers is there then it's worth going!

Guest howyousawtheworld
I thought it was just Lee Mavers at these few latest La's resurrection gigs, rather than the band actually getting back together ? :\ I'd still love to see it tho.

Was watching this a few weeks ago, it's old but still brilliant -

All I can say is thank you! Never seen this video before but I know I'll be seeing it a lot more after you posted it! :D Those vocals are probably amongst the best if not the best I've ever heard! Amazing!