✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's Next Single - Talk - 7" vinyl

y2k1996

if thats true i'll be upset. an unfinished version of a single is not a b-side. its just a song's unfinished version that got leaked. and happened to be better. also, coldplay need to severly step up their b-side game for the X&Y sessions. a live version of a pour me????? but! but! they recorded an entire album before they got to the real X&Y! apparently those early days WERE pretty dire if crap like The World Turned is officially floating around.

Allegedly the 7" vinyl single (slated for a January 26th release) contains the demo (leaked) version of talk as a b-side' date=' can this be confirmed or denied?[/quote']

Dunno about your question... But (to petehatch) I think the leaked version would make a good b-side, especially if they release the 3rd as-yet-unheard-of-version together with it as well.

1) I would say it is quite complete (not unfinished). Even though the sound is sparse, it can still stand alone on its own rather nicely

2) Remember, most people/fans would not have heard the leaked version before- not everyone has access to a computer or can download music. We're still the minority

if thats true i'll be upset. an unfinished version of a single is not a b-side. its just a song's unfinished version that got leaked. and happened to be better. also' date=' coldplay need to severly step up their b-side game for the X&Y sessions. a live version of a pour me????? but! but! they recorded an entire album before they got to the real X&Y! apparently those early days WERE pretty dire if crap like The World Turned is officially floating around.[/quote']

Uh hello? The leaked version wasn't mastered because it was..well, leaked! That doesn't mean that it wasn't EVER mastered and finished properly, it just leaked before it did. Now obviously if it made it as a bside, don't you think It'd be the mastered and complete version?

C'mon...lets use those little noggins first before ranting! lol :happy2:

How many versions of Talk are there?

I got the first version (not starting with Oh Brother etc") from a friend when I didn't even know about X&Y.

The new mixed version of Talk is way better but seeing that Talk is about the best song I've ever heard from Coldplay, I'm eager to hear ALL versions around.

if thats true i'll be upset. an unfinished version of a single is not a b-side. its just a song's unfinished version that got leaked. and happened to be better. also' date=' coldplay need to severly step up their b-side game for the X&Y sessions. a live version of a pour me????? but! but! they recorded an entire album before they got to the real X&Y! apparently those early days WERE pretty dire if crap like The World Turned is officially floating around.[/quote']

Uh hello? The leaked version wasn't mastered because it was..well, leaked! That doesn't mean that it wasn't EVER mastered and finished properly, it just leaked before it did. Now obviously if it made it as a bside, don't you think It'd be the mastered and complete version?

C'mon...lets use those little noggins first before ranting! lol :happy2:

i doubt they'd do anything else to it. they're not in the studio anymore.

also you didnt get my point. im not saying the song sounds bad or isnt even more interesting than the official one. i just think that its a waste of a b-side to A)release something that almost everyone who is obsessed enough to buy the single has already heard and B) resort to other versions of a song (mastered or not).

Debs probably won't spread it because the band doesnt really want other people hearing their work in progress ... only their final work.

But honestly, we've never seen Coldplay release previous versions of their songs, if anything only re-vamped versions, i'm doubtful that they will include this version.

Oh and I also think that the third version of Talk, the one between the unmixed and the X&Y is probably not as good as either of the two ... because as we've heard its the lyrics of the new song (pretty much) with the same music from the first ... at least thats what's been said.

my hope is that Ladder to the Sun will be released as a B-side on talk

im pretty disappointed they picked talk :/

was hopin theyd release white shadows as the next single...

plus when the hell is solid ground, or whatever they end up calling it, gonna be released as a b-side??? ive been waiting for that for soooo long. Of course- there are talks of the new album coming out next year, and its a great song so it might make that!