✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

Give this a try: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFmdvHQjiDc]YouTube- How to play "High Horses" by The Swell Season[/ame]

That guy seems to do a lot of Swell Season how-to's. Comments seem to agree with him. It seems right so far to me, but I'll try it out and look more in-depth and see if I find any glaring errors.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect this one to sound much like the recording on a single guitar. There is a lot of movement in the song's bassline and some extra tones in the lead electric guitar, plus harmonizing vocals. One guitar will make this song sound very bare, even if played correctly.

Yeah I noticed the bass, I actually expected a bass tab online, I gladly would have tried it but I was dissapointed.

I can't play guitar right now, as I'll wake everyone up, but I'll give it a try tomorrow too, thank you very much. :)

I tried the guy's tutorial and I think it sounds pretty good, almost perfect. The song is a lot easier to play than I thought. I still have to practice the outrow though.

He should have put his chords online on ultimate-guitar.com or something like that :P

Yeah I got the Strict Joy album. I only have one song from The Frames, Sad Songs. I plan on getting more into The Frames, though.

Carla made me promise to watch the movie Once too :P

Sad Songs! :mellow:

You can't break that promise, you gotta watch it! :P

Yeah. Some people think that the bassist, Joe Doyle, has been there since the beginning, but really he joined up in about 1993. The bassist before him was John Carney, who left the band to focus on film directing, and ended up making Once, the film that got his former band famous!

Too many sad words makes a sad, sad song :nice:

:nice:

^I love it :heart: I discovered it with Carla's mixtape, it was my favorite song on her mixtape :wacky:

I haz good taste! :smug2:

YouTube- The Frames - Sad Songs (LIVE!!)[/url]

This song is so damn awesome! :heart: