✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE FIRST TIME.......

master_place_forever

It's amazing reading all these cuz three songs really stick out from all the posts: Yellow, Trouble, and In My Place. This is exactly the sequence in which I got into Coldplay. Yellow, I've already talked about. Then I heard Trouble, and I remember I really, really liked the piano part in the beginning, which made me like them a little more, bought Parachutes, but never really listened to it. Then a while later In My Place came along, and it was "that guitar riff" that just made me fall in love with them. Loved AROBTTH, and decided to discover Coldplay all over again. It was so funny, cuz at that time I really couldn't decide which record I wanted to listen to more. They were both "new" to me. I ended up listening to both almost everday. From there on, I was officially obsessed. Awww...cute little story for anyone who's bored enough to read :P

I was in my house when I saw the video for Yellow and thought it was brilliant. However, i did not know much about the band at that point (I thought they were American for some reason). I heard Trouble later on that yeah but did not realise that both songs were by the same band. Trouble really grew on me. Then in 2002 a song came on the TV whe I was on holiday and it was In My Place. Was not sure who is was, the song sounded good though. Eventually found out it was by a group called Coldplay and began to get curious to who this band were. Bought A Rush Of Blood To The Head, did not enjoy it the first few times but after more listens i fell in love with the record. It got me into Indie! I then wanted to know what other albums the band released. Discovered Parachutes and thought it was the best thing I had ever heard. Wanted to know everything about the band and became a diehard fan (and I still am). Love the band especially because they are British and do this country proud! Found this site two years ago and I'm still here. Still obsessed as ever, with my walls plastered in pics of coldplay and buying anything to do with the band.

And that's my story...

They definitely do your country (and you!!) proud! In fact, and I've been saying this for a long time, I think the best music comes out of Britain. Not that there's no good music elsewhere, but the music I listen to, most of them are Brits. So I can't generalize and say it's *the* best music, but definitely the ones I think are the best.

in my house. i saw the in my place video on tv and was like, wow, these guys are good. and i asked my brother (the musical genius) if he knew who they were and he told me they were coldplay. after the video was over, i went downstairs and downloaded some songs. i heard the scientist, fell in love, went out and boguht the cds, and the rest is history :P

i driving around in with my mom and clocks came up on the radio...i was like WOW this song is awsome!!! and well i listened to a couple of other tracks, i really didnt get their cds until now cuz well my mom is not very fond of "wasting money" she things that they are....

oh nooo!!!really???this is amazing!I wish I had a fill in the blanks with coldplay songs!!!!that would be perfect!and clocks?????omg, would be a dream! all my fill in the blanks are with some old singers whose voices I can't hear very well...

:) we had an excellent instructor.normally things are same here: boring,monotone voices are reading routine texts etc.

I do'nt remember the exact location of my whereabouts when I first heard Coldplay. I know that the first song I heard was "Clocks" and I liked that song because everyone else liked it. So I find out this "Clocks" song is by a band called Coldplay. One day I'm setting my expressions on AOL and for IM sounds there is a coldplay song and I don't pick "Clocks" (because to be honest, it's not exactly my most favorite). I pick a different song and hear about 2 seconds of this beautiful song called "Trouble". Later, when I get Kazaa I download "Trouble" and "Clocks" because they're the only two Coldplay songs I know. Sometime later, I see the movie "Wicker Park" and hear this heart-wrenching song at the end of it. It stays in my head until about two months later when I finally decide to find it. Guess what! It's a song called "The Scientist" and it's by Coldplay. Finally at Christmas last year we get "A Rush of Blood to the Head" for Christmas, and since then I've been a huge Coldplay Fan. Well, that's my story.

Well I remember the first time I heard Coldplay was when I was watching the music videos on tv and The Scientist came up and I thought the clip was interesting because of how he walked but wasn't really sure of who Coldplay was then. During that time I also heard God Put A Smile Upon Your Face on the radio and I absolutely loved the song!! So I decided to look up their album at shops and stuff like that but didn't buy it...until I heard Speed of Sound and LOVED that song as well. Then I ended up buying all their albums and became obsessed of everything they've sung, because they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Yellow like what 5 years ago now?

and I was facinated by it.. and I used to run around singing it..

then I didnt pay alot of attention to them..

I heard The Sceintist later..and thought it was reallly pretty, and Clocks grabed my attention..And I loved everything they came out with..

and I didnt buy an album until Speed of Sound..

then I had to buy everything Coldplay, anything I could find, I blew my paychex on..

and then I went on eBay..

and started looking for tickets..

where I spent 102$ on shitty lawn seats..

but Im still gratefull..

coldplay blew me away.. :cool:

*sighs*...looking back on old times is fun. Lol...i'm not going to deny it, i was like 11 and into BSB and NSYNC ( :stunned: ) when I first heard coldplay's Yellow on the radio.

I didnt like it at all

A year or two went by and I entered middle school...I had grown a bit more and had begun listen to rock...etc (the boy band days I had put behind me)

One day i went CD shopping and Parachutes caught my attention...when I previewed it :o ...lol I immediately fell in love, Yellow went from a "What the F***?" song to my favorite. My whole family still thinks my taste in music is whack...but i didnt care and still made sure to get AROBTTH and now X & Y.

Since then Coldplay has been my fave for around 5 years now...they got me into a lot of other genres and bands. I want to thank their parents for bringing them (the members of Coldplay) into the world.

I saw Yellow like what 5 years ago now?

and I was facinated by it.. and I used to run around singing it..

then I didnt pay alot of attention to them..

I heard The Sceintist later..and thought it was reallly pretty, and Clocks grabed my attention..And I loved everything they came out with..

and I didnt buy an album until Speed of Sound..

then I had to buy everything Coldplay, anything I could find, I blew my paychex on..

and then I went on eBay..

and started looking for tickets..

where I spent 102$ on shitty lawn seats..

but Im still gratefull..

coldplay blew me away.. :cool:

Actually it's the same for me! I didn't buy an album until "X&Y" came out. I mean, as I said in the previous, I heard Yellow, i thought it was boring, then came "The Scientist", "In My Place" etc...I thought they were cool but only on the radio. I've been a true fan since last summer. I bought "X&Y" in the UK ( i went there for a summer job ! ) and they were everywhere, on every music channel, radio, so it grew on me and actually X&Y was the only album I had there so I kept listening to it, and now...now :D :P Last month, i bought "Parachutes", "A rush..." and the DVd "Live 2003" :rolleyes:

*sighs*...looking back on old times is fun. Lol...i'm not going to deny it, i was like 11 and into BSB and NSYNC ( :stunned: ) when I first heard coldplay's Yellow on the radio.

I didnt like it at all

A year or two went by and I entered middle school...I had grown a bit more and had begun listen to rock...etc (the boy band days I had put behind me)

One day i went CD shopping and Parachutes caught my attention...when I previewed it :o ...lol I immediately fell in love, Yellow went from a "What the F***?" song to my favorite. My whole family still thinks my taste in music is whack...but i didnt care and still made sure to get AROBTTH and now X & Y.

Since then Coldplay has been my fave for around 5 years now...they got me into a lot of other genres and bands. I want to thank their parents for bringing them (the members of Coldplay) into the world.

your story sounds a lot like mine...i was sadly into boy band(i cannot believe im saying this) but thank god i've left those days wayyyyyyyy back! as guy said, we've all got skeletons in our closet :/ anyways, the only difference is that i "watched" yellow, not heard it. and yes, i was thinking: what is this dorky school boy doing?, what a nerd!....oh, how deaf i was, good thing i came around! :D