✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Important (for me ;) ) question...

knoxoverstreet

Hello. I've never played piano or keyboard, but recently I found an old keyboard, which was used by my sister, and I'd like to use it ;)...

Question is- do I have any chances to learn how to play some CP songs on my own, without any teacher- only mine (hard ;) ) work?

Please answer, cause I'd like to learn it very much, but I don't know if it is possible fot a complete amateur...

Edit: If it is possible, could you tell me what are the simpliest, and the most difficult songs??

Simplest: Speed of Sound, Trouble, The Scientist (hard at first, hard to co-ordinate 2 hands).

I'd suggest buying some sort of teach yourself book.

I'll try as hard as I can to teach you some stuff here.

The note between the 2 black notes is D. Go down 1 note and you'll find C, etc. Try to identify the white notes by the black notes.

Here are the notes for Speed of Sound (you should be able to figure out which octaves it is in).

E D A A E D G G E D G G E D Gb Gb. (The ED's are in the same octave as the A's, but one octave higher than the G's)

The black note right to the left of G is Gb.

For The Scientist, here are the notes (again, ID them by the black notes around them, and middle D (in between the 2 black notes at middle of board).

Here are the right hand notes first: (C, D, F, A) x4 (D, F A# (or Bb if you please))x4, bridging C, then (C, F, A), then (C, F, G)

Once you learn that, come back and ask me for the left hand notes.

Yes! It is possible! I taught myself keyboard only a few monthes back. Now, given that I'm still working on reading sheet music and will have to ask someone for help soon on theory and stuff, I can pretty much play Coldplay songs on the keyboard. However, I did play guitar before so I knew some of the theory behind music. Let me know how you progress and good luck

Simplest: Speed of Sound, Trouble, The Scientist (hard at first, hard to co-ordinate 2 hands).

I'd suggest buying some sort of teach yourself book.

I'll try as hard as I can to teach you some stuff here.

The note between the 2 black notes is D. Go down 1 note and you'll find C, etc. Try to identify the white notes by the black notes.

Here are the notes for Speed of Sound (you should be able to figure out which octaves it is in).

E D A A E D G G E D G G E D Gb Gb. (The ED's are in the same octave as the A's, but one octave higher than the G's)

The black note right to the left of G is Gb.

For The Scientist, here are the notes (again, ID them by the black notes around them, and middle D (in between the 2 black notes at middle of board).

Here are the right hand notes first: (C, D, F, A) x4 (D, F A# (or Bb if you please))x4, bridging C, then (C, F, A), then (C, F, G)

Once you learn that, come back and ask me for the left hand notes.

yeee! i can play begining of SoS!!! ;) ;) (I'm almost Chopin ;) )

yeah!!! if you really want something you can get it !!!! look the notes and the chords are really important but you have to listen alot to the piano songs(that is not very difficult since you like coldplay) and trust in what your ears are telling you.....and the most important of all play with you heart........

that is the most important!!!! :)

I'm training v.hard last days, and I can "play" some melodies, but using second hand is still soooo difficult to me. I hope it'll be better ;)

Scientist is really a good song to start with, but as I said, I'm training hard on coordinateing second hand...;/

What do you think about Politik fragment (this before "who give me love over...")? Is it difficult to learn for a complete begginer??

And what about Life is for living??