✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Loss of Faith

Reilly

Is it just me or is everyone losing faith in God?

In the Western World (What I consider to be America, Canada, UK, Ireland) its a general lazyness that has left us not going to church on Sunday morning.

I dunno, I dont believe in God but I fear the idea that society will lose complete faith, it would be kind of a scary world.

Now because of things like the tsunami, and other natural disasters (As well as wars) the faith seems to be increasingly lost. Am I the only one a little concerned?

:D Yeah, you have a point there. Everyday crimes are committed. That's the problem...so you think that if they have more faith in God it would make a difference?

I don't think it would that much. It depends on the person. I've seen people who are too religious and who go to mass but they're the very ones who would scoff at the needy. But I've seen people who don't really have strong faiths do good to others. I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.

Oh that's so true, i mean most people i know tell how they dont believe in god anymore for several things that are going on in this world, i wish i could have this blind faith some people have but the truth is that i dont..maybe when i was a kid and i was taught to believe in god and always have faith... i dont know if there's another life after this one but i'd like to believe that..I dont really go to church every sunday or read the bible the way i used to 13 years ago but i try to be a better person, this world is seriously fucked up and i've seen so many shit going on in my life, and in the life of my friends so i can tell ..all i have is hope and try to be a better man with time...

I don't know. I honestly don't know what I believe in. Sometimes I have absolutely no faith, no trust in anything outside of myself. Then, the next day, the sun will come out. I'll look up at the sky and think "There's got to be more to this." I do know, however, that I don't believe in organized religion.

I'm not sure what's going on with the world, particularly here in the West. Maybe it's all the scandals that are plagueing the Catholic Church these days (rapist priests, etc etc). I know that surely helped push me away from religion. The hypocracy of it all is in our face everyday in the newspapers. It's difficult to put your faith in ANYTHING at all when all you hear about 24/7 is "So and so has been murdered in their home, by their 15 year old son who was on heavy medication" "Priest John has been found guilty of taking advantage of 117 altar boys" "Scientists have cloned the first chimpanzee and made a new robot woman!"

It's unbelievable what's happening to our culture. I really don't know what to think. It's hard to live in a country where there are two MAJOR groups of people. Die hard religious nuts (who seem to be controlling the country, at the moment) and people who don't believe in anything. The seperation between church and state is getting smaller and smaller and smaller. Religion is a part of the election process now. Bush monopolized on his beliefs and won over a large demographic of this country. Not for anything else, but just because he's got God on his side. Bullshit. People don't believe in God in this country, they just believe in whatever will get them higher up the political (or whatever) scale.

What the hell, that was quite a random tangent/rant I just went off on! :lol: :rolleyes: It's just difficult to know what to believe in lately, especially here in America where people are debating when life begins, when life ends, and everything in between. There's no more freedom of religion, in my opinion. And that's turning a lot of people off to faith, myself included. And it just makes me sick.

I was just talking about this earlier! :stunned:

In my opinion people have lost interest in going to church because it's boring and routine now. I think one major thing missing from the christian faith is good ceremonies.

There were a good few of us talking about this and the majority of those people still consider themselves as highly religious people who practice their faith in their own way.

I would have no interest in going to church and sitting for an hour listening to a priest ramble on in a dull manner about something which has the ability and is very interesting, informative and sometimes captivating and if ceremonies were conducted in the right way, there wouldn't be a decline in attendance.

Anyway, that's my take on it basically. If people are losing faith it has to be down to the way it's practiced today because the beliefs haven't changed :idea2:

I believe its an evolution of the way people view life. Before...say the 60's, you couldn't just walk around saying you don't believe in god because you would then be an outcast. Now the laws of free thinking have been loosened and people tend to express freely and use more logical thinking now.

There is nothing wrong with NOT believing in god, and never be ashamed of your beliefs even when tested. Religion is way over-hyped in my opinion but useful to those that need some kind of direction in life. Some people need guidlines, and the bible is the perfect book to do it. The Romans used the book to keep slaves in line, and if you think about it...it's still working.

The world is definately different now and some may concentrate on the bad, but remember the good as well. Our technology is so advanced that it has helped us to become better and smarter than ever. Medicines that we developed that have cured people.

Life's natural cycle always ends at instinction and then a rebirth. Do we have the ability to prevent our doomsday? I believe we do and it would be not act of god, it would be an act of mankind.

Sorry for the broad view, just thinking out loud.