✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Offical Top Gear Thread

::Hayley::

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

Great episode tonight. Amazing how people allow Top Gear to do this stuff at times!

• 4 months later...

:wacky:http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2011/11/30/andy-wilman-on-top-gears-india-special-wednesday-28-december-8pm-bbc2/

mountains1.jpg

Yes, it’s official: Top Gear is back for Christmas, and we’re heading to India. Tune in on BBC2 and BBC HD at 8pm on 28 December. We’ll have more news for you later, but now over to big boss Andy Wilman for a few words on what you can expect…

The backbone of the Top Gear specials has always been the toughness of the challenge, from the frozen North Pole to the desolate salt pans of Botswana to the jungles and mountains of South America. But, this year, we’ve taken on our biggest challenge of all: sorting out the British economy. Let me explain. A few months ago, Mr Cameron said our nation must become a favoured trading partner of India: currently, we do more business with Ireland than with this country of 1.2 billion people. Top Gear, we thought, could help solve this problem with a trade mission, flying the flag for UKPLC. Our plan was to drive across India, drumming up interest in British goods, advertising the peerless standards of British skills, British nous, British Britishness. We would make the Indians think: “No, we shall not buy mayonnaise from Belgium, but Angel Delight and Kendal Mint Cake from the British.”

Usually, on Top Gear challenges, we give ourselves a pitiful budget of a couple of hundred quid for each car. But, this time, Britain’s reputation was at stake. We couldn’t be seen sitting in a puddle of engine oil by the side of the road. You don’t see Prince Andrew cracking out the spanners on his foreign visits.

Guest howyousawtheworld
:wacky:http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2011/11/30/andy-wilman-on-top-gears-india-special-wednesday-28-december-8pm-bbc2/

This is the only programme I'm looking forward to this Christmas. Should be good!

Guest howyousawtheworld
I've got a few, this, Doctor Who and Sherlock :awesome:

I thought there was going to be a Royle Family Christmas special again this year but I only learnt last week that it had been pulled from the schedules because a script couldn't be written in time. :(

Still I'm happy with Top Gear though. Always worth every penny of the license fee. They do a couple of very dangerous things on this trip apparently - one involving trying to put up an advert on the outside of a train they were travelling on I think!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was okay, but it felt like they were barely in their cars, which to me is the best bits and I think they did too many little challenges rather than focusing on like 2 big ones idk, there were some funny bits like the train bit but I was kinda disappointed.

If you want a serious car reviews show you have Fifth Gear.

Top Gear is a massive brand which is one of the few programs on the BBC which is self-funding and puts money back into the license fee pot

It doesn't make it any less shit though, and I do watch Fifth Gear as well, I don't see your point.