✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What If single

alio

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love What If, but it's just like releasing Fix You since they have the same song structure. I feel the same way about Warning Sign and The Scientist. I think Coldplay did an excellent job in choosing a diverse group of singles from X&Y. Any song could legitimately have been a single.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I`ve just come back from Belgium and to my surprise I bought a slim-case single "WHAT IF". The cover is blue and it contains 1. What If (Tom Lord Alge Mix) and 2.How you see the world (live from Earls Court). I didn`t even now it exist as a commercial single :)

Hey' date=' I`ve just come back from Belgium and to my surprise I bought a slim-case single "WHAT IF". The cover is blue and it contains 1. What If (Tom Lord Alge Mix) and 2.How you see the world (live from Earls Court). I didn`t even now it exist as a commercial single :)[/quote']

Do you have scans or anything? That's cool, but kinda confusing...there's been no official confirmation or anything! weird.

Dave

I`ll try tommorow to make a scan - the cover is dark blue and it`s actually funny, because from the distance it looked like The Hardest Part single, so I asked for it the guy behind the counter and to my amazement it was WHAT IF. I can`t hear no big diffrence between the TOM LORD ALGE mix and the original version anyway :(

aw cool! But that's a shame, when you said there was a mix I was hoping it would be different. I noticed tho they changed it slightly when they played it at IOW - different to how they have played it live before I mean. It sounded amazing tho :0)

Who is Tom Lord Alge anyway?

It's probably just another name for the album version. Are you sure it's not a radio edit of some sort though? What's the time of What If on the single? Also, check the credits and see if it says anything. It might be a remaster or something.

I think this is so weird that there's been no anouncement or anything.

Thanks Ubik27 for the pic and info!!!!

Dave