🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Mew

yellowy eyes

mew452.jpg

OMG !!! Is that for real..??? :shocked2: Where did you get that Mr Briggins sir..???

love how two of the track names are pictures and not words :P

ditto - more info please - how do you know this?

umm

special

zookeepers boy

succubus

comforting sounds

snow brigade

shespider

like paper cuts

beautiful balloon

snowflake

wherever

her voice is beyond years

i know they have a lot more that i need to get :bomb:

i really like his voice :D

I'd reccommend Symmetry, Am I Wry? No (especially the proper video), Mica & Saliva to add to that bunch...if you want any d/loads let me know ...;)

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crests

• squareonefivesix

• newpalaceplayer

• LibbyMew

Okay, I just found this....http://causeequalstime.com/2009/05/new-mew-album/

:\

I wish the band would release this sort of info officially, instead of all these rumours...boohoo!

Anyway, I liked this quote from that blog...

Hailed by Spin Magazine as, “experimental enough to woo fans of Radiohead, and straight forward enough to lap up lovers of Coldplay.” Pitchfork called the band’s sound, “cutting-edge elegant,” and Filter Magazine called Mew, “the best Scandinavian export since IKEA.”

Yes Briggs get yo ass back in here and explain :whip: :whip:

Paula i would love downloads :kiss: :kiss: ill try to get those songs u said too! thank you!!! :hug:

and that quote you found is true!!!being a fan of Coldplay and Radiohead, im def. actracted to their music :D

Sure no problem. :D Mew is one of my favorite bands, Which album of their previous four do you prefer?

edit: On mewsite there are many threads that give answers to most Frengers' questions. when I first got into Mew it took me just a few minutes reading those to know so much. The Mewsiters will also have live mp3s (and though they are not supposed to, rare studio recordings. You will have to hint for someone to private message you those. But I could very well be that person as I have almost everything.) B-sides are for download at megaupload, I can find the link again. Hmm, unless someones posted it here already. Yeah, well. Whatever questions you have about Mew I'm sure I can help answer or else there's Mewsite forums. :)

Thank you so much :)

Aug 24th for me :dance: I shall have to keep an eye on amazon for the pre-order..

I quite like the cover artwork...very colourful and very different...I love the way the title is written across the top...

I really really wanna listen to "Silas the Magic Car" haha :laugh3:

Sure no problem. :D Mew is one of my favorite bands, Which album of their previous four do you prefer?

edit: On mewsite there are many threads that give answers to most Frengers' questions. when I first got into Mew it took me just a few minutes reading those to know so much. The Mewsiters will also have live mp3s (and though they are not supposed to, rare studio recordings. You will have to hint for someone to private message you those. But I could very well be that person as I have almost everything.) B-sides are for download at megaupload, I can find the link again. Hmm, unless someones posted it here already. Yeah, well. Whatever questions you have about Mew I'm sure I can help answer or else there's Mewsite forums. :)

thanks! :D

im not sure which album i like the best bc i have only listened to those songs i listed up there so far. so i dont know yet :D

thanks for the links Paula :dance: :dance:

I've been listening to all the b-sides again. It's amazing that some of these songs didn't make the actual albums.

One thing that drives me nuts, though, is that people are referring to the new Mew album as their third album. It's their fifth (they had two albums before Frengers.)

I posted about that on mewsite. My own close friend just got into mew after years I told him to listen. He listened to ATGHK and thought it was their second album (only because I had mentioned Frengers beforehand). And had no clue they were a band more than 4 or 5 years. When I mentioned albums from 1997 and 2000 released only in denmark he was so shocked.

edit: it is amazing that they've been a band since they were teenagers. over 10 years. that's amazing.

Yeah it's annoying but to be fair how easy is it to get the first two cds outside of Scandinavia..? They're like 50+ quid here on amazon or ebay, even the re-releases...:(

I'd love the Live dvd but there's nowhere that sells it....

How popular are they in the States..? Will the new stuff get any radio play? I'm not expecting anything from the mainstream radio stations here, though I think they've done stuff for the bbc in the past...:\

And I'll probably fall over in surprise if I see No More Stories in any record shops in Aug...

It had better be on Amazon...! :thinking:

Yes, they've done things for the bbc. You can see the videos on youtube even.

Not mainstream here at all. Indie rock stations and satellite radio mostly. That's how I heard fot hem for the first time. But to be honest, most mainstream radio isn't very good. Mew is quite quirky. I couldn't imagine them getting play after a Fall Out Boy or Katy Perry song, God FORBID!

You can get their Live in copenhagen dvd from odering on danish shops, or here: http://www.evil-office.net/shop

the making of dvd for and the glass handed kites has to be bought from a japanese web shop as it was only released there.

and yes, they are expensive. but if you read the mewsite forums a lot of fans don't care. a lot of the really dieheard ones have spent HUNDREDS of dollars for just their singles that are hard to find. They've had copies of their first two albums go for as much as 100 dollars or more. if i could find everything mew's ever released and was willing to pay for all of it, no doubt i'd be paying a lot for it all as a whole. but in the end...so worth it.

also, they've had their albums in shops here. a small record store, but a record store nontheless, i assume the owner had ordered from abroad as no albums were released in america then. in their journal they even mentioned while recodring "Kites" they went shopping for music and had their own category.

(you can read the uptodate journal at mewsite, it is only uptodate to the point where they start writing on myspace, different thread for that one too or you can go to myspace and view it)

How popular are they in the States..?

I'm not sure, but I never hear people talking about them around here. I only found out about them because of this site, and I bought Frengers and Kites on Itunes (and loved them.) I've never looked for their music in the stores, I might do that next time I go out to Best Buy.

I buy most of my CDs from Amazon, so I'll probably grab a copy from there, or buy it on Itunes.

^ same. i only heard of them when apparatjik was formed. and i've never heard them mention here before.

sadly same for me. ive never heard anyone say anything about them over here. i doubt most ppl know who they are in the states unless your really into that kind of music or find out another way. never have heard them on the radio or anything either:(