✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Piano Thread

The Scientist Man

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a piano thread! yay! :D

i love piano so much. i've been playing 12 years this year.

twistedclocks (sorry, i'm not sure of your real name :embarassed: ) - what about Apocalypse Please by Muse? once you have the chords down and the rhythm and everything right, you can just go crazy and play as loud as possible :D it's really, really fun to play. :nice:

thanks guys, I've already done most of 100 years but I haven't played it for a while haha it's not very good eck! and I can play HTSAL by the fray but have forgotten already hehe, and I did try some muse but I donno, I think I'll just stick with bess the broken road, it's really fun once you get the main parts down ;) but the thing I hate is that the sheet music doesn't continue with the piano in the background it says to play the voice if you get what I mean....I hate when they do that grrrrr.

thanks guys, I've already done most of 100 years but I haven't played it for a while haha it's not very good eck! and I can play HTSAL by the fray but have forgotten already hehe, and I did try some muse but I donno, I think I'll just stick with bess the broken road, it's really fun once you get the main parts down ;) but the thing I hate is that the sheet music doesn't continue with the piano in the background it says to play the voice if you get what I mean....I hate when they do that grrrrr.

I know when Sheet Music does that. Sometimes even with Coldplay Sheets:confused:

:(

I never had chance to (know how to) play piano.

It's been my dream for a long long time.

Either I have no time...or no one to show me how.

Do you have a cure for that?

*hopeful :happy:*

Well what I did is I got a keyboard and just keeped playing for 3 years. I know that sounds stupid, but I have never had a leasson before and I do pritty good on the Piano. If anything I would just get leason for a trained Pianoist. Hope it helps;)

I've had piano lessons when I was younger, but I got a keyboard two christmas's ago. Nothing special, but works okay for my small recording setup. I can play clocks and trouble a little bit, but I mostly transcribe guitar to the keyboard and vice versa. I would probaby be a much better if I actually sat down and tried.

I'm working on a Pink Floyd cover and I'ver brought out the keys tonight to play the chords, and the little chorus fill in Comfortably Numb.

Cheers to the Pianist in here!

Hallelujah a piano thread! I just got mine tuned last week and I can't stop playing it. I'll probably record some Coldplay just cause it sounds so damn good now.

The link in my sig is to my music myspace, but the piano really is out of tune I guess. Whatever, it still sounds pretty good. :) Check it out if ya want.

:(

I never had chance to (know how to) play piano.

It's been my dream for a long long time.

Either I have no time...or no one to show me how.

Do you have a cure for that?

*hopeful :happy:*

easy my friend buy ur self a keyboard (nothing to special in case piano isn't ur fortay) and start with easy stuff, u don't even need to know the notes (although it helps of course) the 'how to vids' on youtube show you how ;) I remember when I started out (bout a year ago) with a crappy keyboard I might add I was so shit it was just sad and I was so excited when I could play the starting of clocks and that was when I didn't even play it with the black keys lol. and now I'm playing tons of full songs and the songs I like. it is totally worth it in the end even just for playing for urself. give it a chance you wont regret it :cool:

I love playing piano. I wish I could get new notes somewhere :)

Easy, just ask here for some songs and see what some members can give you.;)

OK, so I kinda feel weird about saying this but........What is the key signature for G# dim and F#7 aug or even better, what are the 2nd and 3rd set of notes played in Everything's Not Lost? I have the Coldplay Live 2003 Sheet Book, but everytime I play it. It just sounds not right. So can anyone help??

^ sorry can't help have no clue what your on about he he

can you imagine i'm trying to learn piano --- well keyboard--- on my own by learning some coldplay songs.

using some youtube tutorials because i downloaded some stuff from threads here but cant really read the music.

so far can play the opening of trouble and a bit of clocks yay.....but eh that's as far as the tuts go and its getting repetitive lol.

@byron:

i learned piano without a teacher. look on youtube, look on wikipedia how to read notes and stuff like that.

i am playing for 6 month now and it is possible to play whole coldplay songs after that time, without a teacher.

but i will take lessons next month

good luck and just try

(and you should have a keyboard or piano, otherwise it will be difficult)

Easy, just ask here for some songs and see what some members can give you.;)

OK, so I kinda feel weird about saying this but........What is the key signature for G# dim and F#7 aug or even better, what are the 2nd and 3rd set of notes played in Everything's Not Lost? I have the Coldplay Live 2003 Sheet Book, but everytime I play it. It just sounds not right. So can anyone help??

Damn, it's hard to explain this in English! Anyways, I'll give it a try...

So dim is from diminuated and aug is from augmented (do these words even exist?). So a dim chord has just small terces and an aug chord has just big terces.:laugh3: Does anyone understand what I want to say here?

So let me give you an example: the C aug chord is made from the C, E and G# notes (you can add another C too, at the end) and the C dim chord is C, Eb, Gb and A (can add the high C here too). The dim chord goes up with a half note to a minor chord (what?:) ). So after a C dim chord put a C# minor chord and so on. It will sound good.

Now the G# dim is G#, B, D and F. The F#7 aug is F#, A# and D. I dont't know what they want with that 7. Can try and F or an E. Depends on how the original sounds. Thats about it. Hope you understood something.

hey piano-players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WYgx-GVHiU

(awesome by the way)

at the beginning: what is chris playing with his left hand? the beginning, so before the guitar starts and so.

i mean, i have the sheet, but there is something different written.

(sorry i have no idea of technical terms in music) in the sheet are only 3 accords written

anybody understood?:rolleyes: