✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Piano Thread

The Scientist Man

hey piano-players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WYgx-GVHiU

(awesome by the way)

at the beginning: what is chris playing with his left hand? the beginning, so before the guitar starts and so.

i mean, i have the sheet, but there is something different written.

(sorry i have no idea of technical terms in music) in the sheet are only 3 accords written

anybody understood?:rolleyes:

If you ask me, it looks, and sounds like he's playing the exact same thing as in the right hand, D# , A# , G - C# , A# , F - C natural, G# , and F

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know how to play the live version of Life Is For Living perhaps?

I'm trying to figure out the intro and I only have two chords worked out.

I think the main progression goes A, F#minor, E, D, Bminor7.

The "sing ahhh ahhh ahhh" at the end starts on an E7 but I'm not sure where it goes from there.

Hope that helps.

Well here is what I have:

D, F, Bb, D

D, F, A, D

D, F, G, D

C, F, Bb, C

C, F, A, C

And that's all I have. Could someone try that out and tell me what comes next? I believe it is a bunch of variations of Bminor7 like eFlat said but I'm not too sure about what alternate notes to hit.

Hmm is the live version in a different key? I never noticed, I'd always thought the song was in A on the album. But even if its different for the live version, that progression I showed you should be pretty accurate for the album version. Just play the chords in that order while listening to the chord changes in the song and it should sound almost dead on. And in the live version Chris just plays the beginning verse part over for the final verse ("Cause in the end...").

Yeah, but this is extremely hard to be able to coordinate both hands to play Clocks that fast, lots of practice :D

With my band we cover clocks ;)

And we play the live version, with at the end the fast part you know the part that's building up to the climax ! =D

Well and I love it to play, and omg it's fast I can tell you :p

Every week we go a bit faster. :p

But it's very very very cool to play;)

With my band we cover clocks ;)

And we play the live version, with at the end the fast part you know the part that's building up to the climax ! =D

Well and I love it to play, and omg it's fast I can tell you :p

Every week we go a bit faster. :p

But it's very very very cool to play;)

ah yes I love playing clocks trust me once you get both hands doing what they should do it's so much fun :P

when i started playing piano, the first thing i tried was to play clocks with one and both hands...

so today, some moths later, it works well i guess;)

and petra...

the end of clocks live...

do you play the climax, also just like the usual clocks refrain with both hands (and of course faster)?

(maybe a new coldplaying award "the fastest clocks player")

Oooh... piano. Not my favorite thing to play, but I love listening to piano songs. :D

I started piano when I was 6 and I quit when I was 10... I hated my lessons. I really can't play much at all anymore... My sis quit too but she can play Debussy and Liszt stuff. *envy* All I can play is some Coldplay stuff (Amsterdam, Clocks, Trouble, The Scientist, Daylight) and some Muse stuff (Space Dementia, Sunburn...)...

Oh, Clocks is pretty fun to play. :) Heh, me and my sis sometimes jam and play politik, trouble, clocks, the scientist--all that good stuff while she's playing piano and I play drums or bass... or guitar. :D

Hey

me and some friends of mine are about to found a band or better meet and try to play easy coldplay songs.

the funny thing is that i play piano since 4 months, 1 started to learn bass (but is able to play a bit guitar), 1 can play guitar and another is learning to play the drums:lol:

anyway just want have some fun:)

@petra (and everybody else):

you seem to be a good musician and have band experience.

i have 2 questions concerning clocks, because i never played together with other instruments:

(1)

Is the best way to play the clocks chorus with 2 hands, which play the same?

(2)

Do you also play the piano in the anti-chorus (sorry i do not know the word for the part of the song, which is not the chorus)?

If, which parts?

If you want, you can relate in your explanation to the notes... i have them

would also be appreciated to here opinions and band experiences of other members

Thanks a lot:)

In 2 or 3 month i can also report my experiences here, if you want

hey I play piano and I have a question, when chris plays clocks live, what is he doing with his left hand? I use to play the chord but looks like he plays two riffs one with each hand, can anyone answer my question?

i could have sworn i just replied to this thread. :stunned:

anyways.

Mig-El - play the same riff with both hands :nice:

does anyone else ever play the second Clocks riff in the treble and with the other hand, play Guy's bassline? ...or is it just me being stupid? :thinking: no seriously try it, it's wicked fun. it took me a little while to get it in sync when i first tried it, but now it's a habit and i do it automatically, lol :nice:

hey I play piano and I have a question, when chris plays clocks live, what is he doing with his left hand? I use to play the chord but looks like he plays two riffs one with each hand, can anyone answer my question?

Yeah two hands he plays the riff;)

But you can also play with it.

For example the normal way with your left hand, and you go the other way with your right hand.

This is a little part of the riff; D#-A#-G that's the normal way, you can play that with your left hand, and you can play for example G-A#-D# with your right hand :D

Just for fun :)

I also do ;)

Brainbreakers, you can also turn them otherwise :p figure it out ;)

I'm playing trouble by coldplay!

It's kinda easy:)

I don't have any sheets... can somebody please upload some coldplay sheets? thanks...

ht_tp://rapidshare.com/files/19065860/sheets.rar.html

Change the link.

The three books :)

Parachutes, A rush of blood to the head and X&Y.

I play Clocks a little differentley than most, I start with the live intro reserved for keyboard but I play it on the piano, then i start into the main chords of clocks. I then play on the piano in the left hand what Guy is playing on his bass, in the right i play the vocals. I do it quite fast, keeping it sounding like the oringinal. Sometimes i take out the vocals and concentrate on the instrumental version instead in both hands. Then i end it like the album version. Its hard to explain, so i'll try in upload it on youtube.

Different Question, I just composed a peice on piano, do you guys recommend me uploading on youtube? its classical, yet i don't want anyone to claim it as their own, i want your imput. Maybe this was a dumb question...

^it's not a dumb question. i'd be afraid that someone would take it too. maybe face the camera away from your hands, coz if someone's that much of a loser that they would steal someone else's work from youtube, they probably aren't talented enough to learn things by ear. ;)