✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Submit Coldplaying.com T-Shirt designs HERE!

lunar1126

Coldplaying.com T-Shirt Designs

Making Coldplaying.com / Coldplaying Charity Club shirts is an idea that has been talked about for eons, so I think it's time we finally make it happen!

I've opened a Cafepress.com store for us, so all we need now are designs.

DEADLINE TO MAKE FIRST ROUND OF VOTING: END OF MARCH

MAX. 2 DESIGNS PER PERSON/PER MONTH

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:

Cafepress has several design optimization suggestions that we should follow for best printing results:

- 2000 x 2000 pixels

- 100 - 300 dpi (200 is suggested for quality and upload efficiency)

- RGB color mode

- Any white in your image will show as the color of the fabric

- Accepted file types:

• PNG - Portable Network Graphics format is our recommendation for image uploads. It is a completely loss-less compression and gradients come out much smoother than JPG imges. (Max size 4MB)
  • JPG - JPG's support over 16 million colors, but slightly "distort" the image to compress the file size. (Max size 7MB)

- Not supported or recommended file types:

• PSD, TIFF, BMP, AI, EPS

USE THIS TEMPLATE (2000 x 2000 pixels; 200 dpi) AS A GUIDE:

- CLICK BELOW FOR FULL SIZE -

126hffk2.th.jpg

Make your design fill as much of the template as possible.

(from Cafepress)

1. Open template in your image application software

2. Add a new layer and create your design on the new layer

3. When you are done with your design, remove the original layer with the template

4. Save your image as a PNG

- Remember, if you use images from the internet, make sure they are NOT copyright aka that they are in the public domain.

- Until we get things cleared with Debs, stay away from using the Coldplay font and direct/unique lyric quotes. (i.e. "We live in a beautiful world" is OK, but "We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do" is NOT OK.)

- Shirt designs MUST reference Coldplaying.com in some way.....but everything else is up to you! (It would breech copyrights to make unofficial Coldplay merchandise, so make sure your designs reference ColdplayING) We'd like some Coldplaying Charity Club specific shirt logos, BUT keep in mind that Coldplaying.com shirts will target a larger audience and sell better.

- Post a resized copy of your design in this thread, and send a FULL SIZED copy of your design to [email protected].

- Keep the designs coming...at the end of each month (or every two months depending on how many submissions we get) we'll vote for our favorites to add to the store. Once we have enough designs to start with, we'll open the store "officially" and decide on prices (a portion of which will go to Oxfam charity projects).

Have fun! And start designing!! :D

Current submissions:

yamfox:

yamfoxtshirtcw3.png

Click HERE for a larger version.

yamfoxdesignxo5.png

thescientist06:

thescientisttshirt2dt5.pngthescientisttshirtrj1.png

TracieMorgan:

tracietshirtbb0.png

FluMTonks:

flumtonksshirths7.png

flumtonkstshirtvl5.png

Zemy101:

zemy1td5.png

zemy2pw3.png

victaniac:

tania1sampleqw9.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USE THIS TEMPLATE (2000 x 200 pixels; 200 dpi) AS A GUIDE (if you use it as a background layer, don't forget to delete it in the end!):

126hffk2.th.jpg

Yep let's all remember to delete that template layer afterwards!

(from Cafepress)

1. Open template in your image application software

2. Add a new layer and create your design on the new layer

3. When you are done with your design, remove the original layer with the template

4. Save your image as a PNG

Thanks for the template and thread Nads :cheesy: I'll see what I can scrap up!

Theme can be whatever you want it to be, as long as either Coldplaying.com or the Coldplaying Charity Club are referenced in some shape or form. Be as straight forward or as abstract as you want!

I think we have to stay away from making purely "Coldplay fan" shirt designs as it would probably breech some sort of copyright....this means, we have to stick to referencing ColdplayING. (If anyone thinks I'm wrong about this, please correct me!)

Have fun with it! :)

whats the deadline??? :thinking:

I was thinking that at the end of every month, we can vote for our favorite designs to add to the store, that way we can keep adding new, fresh designs for people to purchase. I think 4 weeks is enough time for people to produce some quality designs. In this case, the first deadline can be set for the end of March. It may be adjusted depending on how it goes (and how motivated people are). ;)

I was thinking that at the end of every month, we can vote for our favorite designs to add to the store, that way we can keep adding new, fresh designs for people can purchase. I think 4 weeks is enough time for people to produce some quality designs. In this case, the first deadline can be set for the end of March. It may be adjusted depending on how it goes (and how motivated people are). ;)

ok thanks lunar ;)

From a previous correspondence with Debs, we were told that:

The band obviously do a lot of their own charitable causes and so can’t endorse yours, so using their name & image will not be possible.

To me that means that we can't use their photo, period. It's a shame that we have such limitations, but we can still get creative. If you have a design idea that you want to run by Debs first, we can try to contact her (a most difficult thing to do) and get a stamp of a approval before you spend hours working on it.

Yeah.. Cafepress also has its own rules and doesn't allow it even if you took the photo yourself.

From Cafepress

NO use of names, logos, pictures or other intellectual property of musical groups or musical artists. For example, you cannot make Britney Spears merchandise simply because you run a fan-based Britney Spears website or just because you downloaded her image from an internet website. You also cannot modify the name or other intellectual property of a musical group and avoid infringement, (e.g., using Metalika instead of Metallica).

NO use of names, logos, pictures, or other intellectual property of sports teams, colleges/universities, clubs, or organizations such as the Los Angeles Lakers, Harvard University, or The Boy Scouts. Again, modifications may not avoid infringement.

NO photos, logos, caricatures, or other artwork depicting celebrities, such as Michael Jackson or Madonna, or other third parties. Just because you take a photograph of a celebrity does not give you the right to use that photograph on merchandise, even if you digitally manipulate the photograph.

NO use of trademarks, names, or logos of companies. For example, you cannot use the name of a company such as Nike, a company logo such as the Nike "swoosh" trademark, or brand name such as Coca Cola, or a modified version of a trademark, (e.g., "Just Did It").

NO pictures or photographs of products (such as toys). Even if you own a product, trademark laws may still prohibit you from selling merchandise that features pictures of it. For example, you cannot take a picture of your Barbie and sell merchandise with that picture.

So basically any design has to be made by us and be completely original. Anything other than that can be questionable by Cafepress' standards.

Yeah.. Cafepress also has its own rules and doesn't allow it even if you took the photo yourself.

From CafepressSo basically any design has to be made by us and be completely original. Anything other than that can be questionable by Cafepress' standards.

Thats a bummer, i started designing a pretty cool one, now i have to start from scratch :dozey: