✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What artist can't you stop listening to today?

winigwl

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today...MUSE

I was in last year's benefit concert at Shepherd Bush in London and all the attendees were able to choose the setlist. Huge gig, great performance and never before live played songs in an unforgettable event.

Today they are going to do kind of the same in Paris, at La Cigale, and it will be worldwide live streamed.

Can't miss this!!!!!

• Like 1

• Administrators
This post was from over a year ago but I am with you! I just bought all 3 of their albums after loving the song "On Hold" for months, and they are awesome.

You've got a good taste in music! A year later I'm listening to Sigrid after seeing her perform at the Graham Norton Show, she is just perfect. I'm also listening to a bit more Irish music such as Wyvern Lingo, Talos, Soule etc.

• Like 1

I must truly have a really weird taste in music because I usually tend to listen to the recording artists that nearly nobody my age would care about (except for the Coldplay, obviously) and they are often completely done or somehow doing their best to survive in the cruel world of the music industry. :D

Who might I have on my mind? Now that's a question! Half of you surely are familiar with them... Five ladies who have reunited recently. Do you have a clue? Yes? No, not really? It's my favourite girls, the Spice Girls! I totally love their first two albums, Spice and Spiceworld! Really brilliant and irresistible pop songs, haha! Even though they might sound a bit dated, it's absolutely my style and cup of tea. When I get hooked on something very much, I often turn out to be severely addicted to it. Thus, I've happened to pick up a new incredible habit... Every day I listen to Wannabe and Spice Up Your Life! Is there any better way to brighten up the day?

• Like 1

I must truly have a really weird taste in music because I usually tend to listen to the recording artists that nearly nobody my age would care about (except for the Coldplay, obviously) and they are often completely done or somehow doing their best to survive in the cruel world of the music industry. :D

Who might I have on my mind? Now that's a question! Half of you surely are familiar with them... Five ladies who have reunited recently. Do you have a clue? Yes? No, not really? It's my favourite girls, the Spice Girls! I totally love their first two albums, Spice and Spiceworld! Really brilliant and irresistible pop songs, haha! Even though they might sound a bit dated, it's absolutely my style and cup of tea. When I get hooked on something very much, I often turn out to be severely addicted to it. Thus, I've happened to pick up a new incredible habit... Every day I listen to Wannabe and Spice Up Your Life! Is there any better way to brighten up the day?

I am not sure exactly how young you are, but I find it very neat that you aren't into "typical" music for people your age! Nothing wrong with that! It's fun that you are so addicted to the Spice Girls right now. For me, I just had to giggle--not in a mean way of course--but for me, when I hear Spice Girls, my horrible middle school years come flooding back into my mind and I can't help but think "oh good Lord NOOOOOO!" I can imagine there are a few "older" people out there who are with me??? ;)

Cool of you, though, to be into something different from Bieber and artists on that order that younger people are typically into!

• Like 1

I am not sure exactly how young you are, but I find it very neat that you aren't into "typical" music for people your age! Nothing wrong with that! It's fun that you are so addicted to the Spice Girls right now. For me, I just had to giggle--not in a mean way of course--but for me, when I hear Spice Girls, my horrible middle school years come flooding back into my mind and I can't help but think "oh good Lord NOOOOOO!" I can imagine there are a few "older" people out there who are with me??? ;)

Cool of you, though, to be into something different from Bieber and artists on that order that younger people are typically into!

I was born in the year when the Spice Girls released their last studio album "Forever" so, unfortunately, I've never witnessed their heyday. However, even nowadays for me it's nearly impossible to avoid them because there might be someone singing the chorus of Wannabe at school (It's also happened in my Biology class, haha.) or news about the Spice Girls members pops up in the tabloid press. And each time I listen to their songs, it sounds as anthems for celebrating youth, naivety (in a good way like "no need to worry because everything is going to be all right") and freedom of expressing oneself.

I will be pleased if there is somebody my age or generation who is able to relate to me, haha. :joy:

• 5 weeks later...

소녀시대 (Girls' Generation)

Somehow, I looked back at my past and was recalling what I used to listen to when I was a little bit younger. Well, K-Pop used to be my drug, these days I consider it a guilty pleasure. Girls' Generation? This girl group will always be in my heart because they introduced me to Korean pop music in 2011 and I was a really big fan of theirs. Unfortunately, during the course of their career after 7 years since the debut they lost one member, she decided to depart voluntarily or was kicked out by the company. (We might never know the truth after all...) This was the moment when I was feeling heartbroken because I realised that the group would not ever be the same without her. It wasn't, in fact... Then in October last year it was announced that three members out of eight didn't renew their contract with the company... Oh, but they didn't disband. I hope they get together, record and release something together again! :) #OT9

Their last official Korean single released as a 9-member group:

Besides Coldplay its Keane. I bought the hopes and fears album but oh my god, under the iron sea is such a great album (+ nostalgia points of its singles being played on the radio all the time in Portugal).

• Like 1

Besides Coldplay its Keane. I bought the hopes and fears album but oh my god, under the iron sea is such a great album (+ nostalgia points of its singles being played on the radio all the time in Portugal).

Thanks for posting this--it is reminding me to catch up with Keane. I loved, loved, loved the Hopes and Fears album--I bought it shortly after it came out in 2004 and played it constantly. If you are saying Under the Iron Sea is even better, I am totally going to check it out asap!

• Like 1