✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplaying Pub.

bart

Is this the quantum pub?:)

Just loving the incredibly short abstract of a short abstract I ran across: In loop quantum gravity, spacetime emerges from excitations of an ultimate vacuum.

> I am wondering if this is believable, though most things at the quantum level are non-intuitive, it just sounds so hocus-pocus. Anyone here have thoughts about this?

dude, no edge

well it sounds great, but maybe I should look some info up in Dutch so I might understand it more :p

though I'm very interested in space and the universe and all it's big secrets

I understand, trying to translate and think deeply would be a headache for sure! I tried that with the Old English Canterbury Tales, though it gets quite intense. Enjoy and I look forward to your analysis. ;)

dude, no edge

I got out of that frame of mind, a softer side sometimes is what's missing. When considering the risks a proposer of ideas faces in this world: to encourage all who would dream aloud is essential if we are to progress.

big huray for the long wiki articles on loop quantum gravity :blank:

You should rejoice with great enthusiasm for in-depth Wiki articles on this most fascinating of subjects! :bliss:

Interesting how 35 turns out to be the important number, the ultimate smallest size being 10 to the -35th, though perhaps in another base, -42 could be magical!

I'm trying to get it, very short in Dutch, way too long for my non-scientifical brain in English :wreck:

yeah that's funny, Adams had it wrong in the end, 42 isn't the ultimate answer :p

> Hey, give it some mulling over, it just takes time to get the different parts to gel, time for all the disparate fields to come together in one's imagination. Sleep on it, the answers will appear in a dream.

Maybe! Adams was off by a good 7 orders of magnitude, but then it was all in good fun in his universe! :laugh3: (A planet with it's tongue sticking out, now that would be quite a find.)

My lovely 2 weeks holiday is now over :(

Probably the best couple weeks I've had off for ages until yesterday when I found out something harrowing for my cousin, I fainted in the spa-room (came around just before they were going to call an ambulance) and coming home hit a pothole wrecking one of my tyres. So I am now £250 lighter for 2 new tyres (as you must replace both on the same axle).

At least it's only 3 days, then the weekend, then 4 days before a nice long weekend for Easter :) And hopefully I might be given some good news in the next couple weeks *cross fingers at getting a job which ends in 'manager'*

Probably the best couple weeks I've had off for ages until yesterday when I found out something harrowing for my cousin, I fainted in the spa-room (came around just before they were going to call an ambulance) and coming home hit a pothole wrecking one of my tyres. So I am now £250 lighter for 2 new tyres (as you must replace both on the same axle).

At least it's only 3 days, then the weekend, then 4 days before a nice long weekend for Easter :) And hopefully I might be given some good news in the next couple weeks *cross fingers at getting a job which ends in 'manager'*

> Glad you had some good times, and sorry to hear about those problems - they always seem to come in threes. I hope you're allright there - from the sounds of it, nothing major, I hope. Tyres, yes, they are quite expensive, though your vehicle must take some classy ones at that price!

Keep looking forwards to that next vacation, and may the light of good fortune shine favorably upon you!:)

ow :hug: well it's great you enjoyed your holidays :)

only sad of the ending, hope it'll get better from now on

I'm crossing my fingers with you :nice:

:|

hmm