✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Violet Hill Poll Results Included In BBC Online

busybeeburns

_44613817_artwork_226.jpg

Coldplay's album Viva La Vida or Death and all his Friends is out in June

Coldplay fans snap up free single

There was "massive demand" for the new Coldplay single, available as a free download, which caused problems for some fans who rushed to hear it.

Violet Hill was made available from the band's website at 1215 BST on Tuesday.

A spokesman described the response as "incredible", adding: "Massive demand slowed everything down in the first 40 minutes of the download going live.

"But that was quickly fixed and Coldplay.com is delivering tracks to fans at full speed."

Violet Hill is the first material to be heard from the band's fourth album Viva La Vida or Death and all his Friends, which is out on 12 June.

In an online poll of 1,400 people on the Coldplaying fan site, some 60% gave the song nine or 10 out of 10.

The band are still to announce details of three free concerts - in London, New York and Barcelona.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7375179.stm

bbcpoll.JPG

Guest LiquidSky
Well done Ian, since the Coldplay site went minimalist we've been getting quite a bit of attention in the press, is nice and deserved with all the work you've put in over the years :D

Make us all proud:nice:

Neato! :D

Glad there was lots of song love in that poll.

Heh... I've been so used to Coldplay being away for so long that I've gotten used to us being ignored. Guess we'll have to remember just how much of a fishbowl this place can be... especially now that this will probably be the main go-to board when the media wants random quotes. It happens :stunned:

Neato! :D

Glad there was lots of song love in that poll.

Heh... I've been so used to Coldplay being away for so long that I've gotten used to us being ignored. Guess we'll have to remember just how much of a fishbowl this place can be... especially now that this will probably be the main go-to board when the media wants random quotes. It happens :stunned:

Hence the 'Coldplayers On Display' thread. Some of those anonymous guests may have been reps for the band. And you can bet if they didn't look in on us before this article, they will now!!!:D:D:D

Excellent work keeping this place going, Ian and Co.:thumbsup: