✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

iTunes VLV pre-order - GET VIVA LA VIDA (SONG) NOW!

I wonder if they've been listening to Andrea Corr's solo album Ten Feet High while working on Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends?

If people thought A Spell A Rebel Yell was similar to Mothers of the Disappeared by U2 (which I don't understand completely) I wonder what they think of the, in my opinion, striking similarities between Viva La Vida (the song) and

(the song)

The opening sequences are pretty similar both when it comes to the melody, tempo and the violin bits. I really like the lyrics on both Viva La Vida and Violet Hill, though. The best I've seen from Coldplay in a long time, without a doubt!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, I go to bed, wake up and there are NME photos, interviews, audio interviews, they've released another song on iTunes, too much happening!

Should I listen to Viva La Vida now or wait for the album? I feel like I've heard too much already and I should wait for the album to come out :P

I wonder if they've been listening to Andrea Corr's solo album Ten Feet High while working on Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends?

If people thought A Spell A Rebel Yell was similar to Mothers of the Disappeared by U2 (which I don't understand completely) I wonder what they think of the striking similarities between Viva La Vida (the song) and

(the song)

The opening sequences are pretty similar both when it comes to the melody, tempo and the strings. I really like the lyrics on both Viva La Vida and Violet Hill, though. The best I've seen from Coldplay in a long time, without a doubt!

Heh, you're right, the starting melody and beat are the same. The string section isn't, though, at all. And the overall feel is completely different. But good job at spotting it, there definitely are some similarities there.

If people thought A Spell A Rebel Yell was similar to Mothers of the Disappeared by U2 (which I don't understand completely) I wonder what they think of the, in my opinion, striking similarities between Viva La Vida (the song) and

(the song)

The opening sequences are pretty similar both when it comes to the melody, tempo and the violin bits. I really like the lyrics on both Viva La Vida and Violet Hill, though. The best I've seen from Coldplay in a long time, without a doubt!

actually, sorry to have to make such a comparison, but even more so than 'ten feet high' i think the violin in vlv sounds A LOT like the violin in the freemason's remix of beyonce's ring the alarm. not sure what influenced the freemason's mix (since it's very different to their previous work) but it wouldn't surprise me if it similarly influenced this song... love this song more everytime i hear it

so the setlist is extended by 2 titles (guess its itunes only... :cry:), but both are acoustic, so Lost! and lovers in japan will be electric if they did an acoustic version...

:D LOVE ACOUSTIC VERSIONS!!!