✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Sep-2008: Budapest Arena, Budapest - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

hello guys!

hope you don't mind if I post here a little and belated review from the Hungarian concert... it was the first time ever I saw a well-know band and I had a blast!

I saw Coldplay in Budapest last week and had an amazing time at the show! I still can't believe I was there! :)

I've been waiting for this event for MONTHS and was pleasantly surprised how good, passionate and professional they really are... don't need to mention the Budapest Arena was sold out but we were lucky (and early) enough to get a place in about the 10th row, center - so we had amazingly great view. sadly my pics didn't turn out well... :(

we've got Albert Hammond Jr. (from the Strokes) with his band as opening act - they played pretty impressive guitar music for about half an hour and rocked the house...

and then... and then... wow!

there were the first tacts of Life In Technicolor and the crowd just began to jump and cry. Big Grin I haven't been a big fan of this song before but hearing it LIVE while seeing the guys on stage just in front of me - it was simply incredible! after this Chris said hello and they started to play their biggest hits: Violet Hill, Clocks, In My Place. Chris was always running and jumping around while he sang - wasn't easy to catch him... he almost managed to knock Jonny over... :)

there was a gorgeous light show during Speed Of Sound - I loved how they played with the colorful lights and balloons. then they played some songs from the new album: Cementeries Of London, Chinese Sleep Chant (OMG! it was incredible! one of the best song at the concert), and 42 of course.

Fix You was a particular highlight of the show - everyone sang along, clear and loudly - so Chris just smiled, put away the microphone and let the crowd sing the final chorus. after this they played the catchy song Strawberry Swing and they really seemed to have a pretty great time on stage. then they moved to the right side of the stage and did a great techno version of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and Talk, then Chris finally sat down to the piano and played The Hardest Part and Postcards From Far Away.

and there was Viva La Vida! WOW! just WOW! they did an amazing performance, Chris was thrown into ecstasies, Will was playing the kettledrums and the crowd was jumping/singing/crying along! after this they played Lost! and then took a short break.

then they suddenly appeared somewhere at the back of the hall on the grandstand and sang a beautiful acoustic version of The Scientist and Death Will Never Conquer (with Will singing). I guess it was a very kind and noble gesture... the peeps on the back part of the hall were fascinated! then we were listenning to a remix of Viva La Vida while they took another little break.

in the encore they played Politik and Lovers In Japan. in fact I've been in love with this song for a while, now I'm adoring it. this version they played that night was the greatest few minutes of the night for me. and for the other 16000 peeps - I guess... there were so many amazing visual and light effects at the show (those technician guys did a great job! congrats!) but nothing could beat a 3 minute long "rain" of paper butterflies in the sparkling lights - like colorful petals in the spring while you can hear one of the most catchy melody in the world... it was stunningly BEAUTIFUL! :)

then they said goodbye with Death And All His Friends and left the stage. of course they did another encore :) and played Yellow for us... I guess I don't need to say how great this song LIVE sounds... awwwwwwww... then it was over...

I loved every single minute of this concert, it was totally worth the long wait, the 500 km drive at night, the sleepy eyes at work next day... I still can't believe... and I'm still giggling when I just look at the little paper butterflies I've found later in my clothes...

thank you Chris, Will, Jonny, Guy!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This concert was the greatest experience in my Life!i cannot believe it was more than a week ago...

The magical butterfly moments:flutterby: still make me want to cry...and i realised i don't even remember they played anything after:embarassed: untill they came back to play Yellow. and since there's no day without the VLV album...

I wish i could see them soon again...

And it is interesting to see that there are no photos or videos from the area i stood...(In front of the "Runway" where they played the techno mixes...)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That night was really brilliant!

with the man who love Chris without shame.. :D

x_be58a8cf.jpg

-----------------------------

Okean El’zy – Coldly 2007/06/01 Donetsk, Old Stadium

Muse – Starlight 2007/10/13 Kyiv, Sport Palace

Coldplay – The Scientist 2008/09/23 Budapest, Sportarena

--------------------------------------------------------

For a minute there, I’ve lost myself

p9230003lz4.jpg

some people I met and some Ive known since Muse concert

I remember the fifth girl from left :D

Okean El’zy – Coldly 2007/06/01 Donetsk, Old Stadium

Muse – Starlight 2007/10/13 Kyiv, Sport Palace

Coldplay – The Scientist 2008/09/23 Budapest, Sportarena

--------------------------------------------------------

For a minute there, I’ve lost myself

• 4 weeks later...

Seems I find Chris speech in beginning:

“Hi you all to everyboby, we are called Coldplay, we are from aaa… United Kingdom, this our first time we are at Hungary. (applause) We played to lovely people at Budapest, we. Lovely people… on… What.. what day today?(ask to Johnny) Tuesday! On Tuesday night! Thank you for giving us on Tuesday night! (applause)… Please excuse my laughable Hungarian, communicate at spill, and aaa... we hope at whole time everybody’ll sing with us and we hope everybody leaves happy!”

it was very quick speech)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...