✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Sep-2008: Budapest Arena, Budapest - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Martin is so full of energy,it's inspiring. He didn't stop at all.

Guy seems shy.

Will seems modest.

But Johnny seems a bit self-centered to me. Not once did he smile or anything.

Even when the Goddamn irritating British guy next to me kept screaming JOHNNY! in the most annoying voice ever

Strawberry Swinger,

You really think Jonny seemed fill of himself??? I just feel he's shy

Chris Martin is so full of energy,it's inspiring. He didn't stop at all.

Guy seems shy.

Will seems modest.

But Johnny seems a bit self-centered to me. Not once did he smile or anything.

Even when the Goddamn irritating British guy next to me kept screaming JOHNNY! in the most annoying voice ever

Strawberry Swinger,

You really think Jonny seemed fill of himself??? I just feel he's shy

Yeah, not smiling could mean he wasn't having a good day or was concentrating or whatever. He is really down to earth. And shy. I've never seen him with even a hint of an ego. And he might not be able to hear people screaming with the in-ear monitors in. They block sound.

Yeah, not smiling could mean he wasn't having a good day or was concentrating or whatever. He is really down to earth. And shy. I've never seen him with even a hint of an ego. And he might not be able to hear people screaming with the in-ear monitors in. They block sound.

I think Jonny being described as self centered may be the funniest thing I've ever heard.:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: There are probably few people on earth with less ego than our shy Jonny;)

is Mareko back??

if he's not

I'd be scared

:laugh3::laugh3:

EVERYTIME I SHOUTED JONNY,HE LOOKED AT ME!I admit he was not smiling or maybe had not his day,but anyway

best songs played were POLITIK,IN MY PLACE AND VIVA LA VIDA

People telling me to shut up was quite annoying!

Everyone standing near stage noticed the brand of Chris's shoes? without searching of course

and videos:

Clocks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEx0S_Tl3V8]YouTube - Coldplay - Clocks (Live in Budapest)[/ame]

Fix You

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXAJ9PPc0Dk]YouTube - Coldplay - Fix You (Live in Budapest)[/ame]

Viva La Vida

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp5dmSXZKWQ]YouTube - Coldplay - Viva La Vida (Live in Budapest)[/ame]

Lost!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdf5V0GXAH8]YouTube - Coldplay - Lost! (Live in Budapest)[/ame]

The Scientist

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kemCYM-aH4]YouTube - Coldplay - The Scientist (Live in Budapest)[/ame]

Politik

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtT82wvTPC4]YouTube - Coldplay - Politik (Live in Budapest)[/ame]

Yellow

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E65RKemRa0]YouTube - Coldplay - Yellow (Live in Budapest)[/ame]

:laugh3::laugh3:

EVERYTIME I SHOUTED JONNY,HE LOOKED AT ME!I admit he was not smiling or maybe had not his day,but anyway

best songs played were POLITIK,IN MY PLACE AND VIVA LA VIDA

People telling me to shut up was quite annoying!

Everyone standing near stage noticed the brand of Chris's shoes? without searching of course

that was YOU???

God if I ever see you again in concert,I'll stay miles away from you. You are SO irritating - just explain to me, what satisfaction is it for you to yell the name of the song 200 times, and yell louder than Chris when he is singing? You deserved even worse than people telling you to shut up for God's sake!!!

UGH!

Anyway,sorry guys for calling Johnny self-centered, my bad, just didn't know he was shy.

I just came from Madonna's concert in Montenegro,so expect some photos and review tonight... Of the Coldplay concert of course,lol...

Thanks...

Thanks for the interview! I don't understand the ending when Will is asking about Hungarian music. Anyone able to translate that part or the interview in general?

that was YOU???

God if I ever see you again in concert,I'll stay miles away from you. You are SO irritating - just explain to me, what satisfaction is it for you to yell the name of the song 200 times, and yell louder than Chris when he is singing? You deserved even worse than people telling you to shut up for God's sake!!!

UGH!

Anyway,sorry guys for calling Johnny self-centered, my bad, just didn't know he was shy.

I just came from Madonna's concert in Montenegro,so expect some photos and review tonight... Of the Coldplay concert of course,lol...

Thanks...

you said you had had sitting tickets! How could you hear me? Was I so loud ? :laugh3:

Thanks for the interview! I don't understand the ending when Will is asking about Hungarian music. Anyone able to translate that part or the interview in general?

you can in my previous posts translated the best part and after that it goes like : surprisingly Coldplay didnt leave us after interview and they stayed with us and asked for some hungarian music,what is it like andi if there still are any folk bands...then they tried to pick up some of their best music and gave it to Coldplay

Ok, sorry, you're right, but madoona is that you know, hard candy, it's not music, it's spectacle, how can you listen to it, it' not music, it's commercial thing that is forgotten when new hit comes.

oh give it a break , will you?

of course coldplay is miles ahead of madonna, I went to see madonna for show only, not music.

And I said I would write the review of COLDPLAY concert,not Madonna - read more precisely next time.

And Plug-In-Coldplaying, I did get the standing arena in the end, GOD you were irritating!!!

But I'll forgive you lol.

Posting pics now... Videos coming soon...

dsc02465qe1.jpg

dsc02480ad6.jpg

dsc02483ya1.jpg

dsc02496kx0.jpg

dsc02497xw3.jpg

dsc02520eq5.jpg

dsc02521rg0.jpg

dsc02524bm7.jpg

dsc02530ma3.jpg

And here is the review... THE LONG version lol...

22.09.2008. - Monday

Preparing and all the stuff. Still couldn't believe what was ahead of me. Coldplay live. My God. I thought something was gonna happen to me, like, get hit by a car or something, and then people would say- "For shame, he was so young. And he was just about to see his fav band playing..."

WELL, luckily that didn't happen.

I set off at 7 p.m. from my hometown of Nish to Belgrade - the capital of Serbia, my homeland- and got there at 10 p.m. The bus for Budapest was ready at 11 and we set off at midnight - sharp.

Just there in the bus, right away, I met a girl who seemed to have difficulties with setting her seat in the bus. LOL! That's how we met. I discovered that she was traveling alone, like me, and sat next to her. We started discussing the band and became friends easily! :)

During the 7 hour trip to Budapest, we also met some more fans , about our age, and we had a lot of fun , during the whole adventure of the day that finally came...

23.09.2008. - Tuesday - THE DAY!!!

God.

We were so hyped.

The five of us, had free time from 11 to 6 o'clock. 7 hours of strolling 'round Budapest, constantly hearing Viva La Vida in all the bars, shops etc. got us VERY VERY EXCITED and ANXIOUS.

The reason I was anxious was the fact that I had the sitting area ticket, unlike my friend I was sitting with, who was lucky to have bought the standing area ticket when she had been to the Sziget festival, a month earlier. She convinced me that she was a very very lucky one when it came to concerts, and that I would most certainly be in front of the band.

And as you can see , I was.

At 6:30 or something, we were in front of the gates - a lot of fans were there already - one of which was the charming Tea from Croatia a.k.a. Viva La Vida. It was so lovely meeting her. She seems like such a positive person,and she just didn't stop smiling!

(zdravo Tea hehe :) )

Half an hour later, at 7 they let the fans in. MY GOD WHAT A RUSH THAT WAS!!! All of the people ran inside like crazy. Me and Dunja, the girl that I sat with, went inside and there, in front of the doors to the venue, two security guys checked for our tickets. The older one said that Dunja's ticket was OK, but the younger one told me that I can't come in there.

And then I started pretending, saying stuff like- "PLEASE,WE CAME FROM SERBIA TOGETHER,SHE IS MY YOUNGER SISTER (older 2 years than me ,but fuck it lol) AND I LOST MY STANDING AREA TICKET SO I HAD TO BUY THE SITTING AREA (which was more expensive than the standing area lol), PLEASE LET ME IN" - The young guy was persistent, whereas the older fellow just said OK OK and let me in!

OH MY GOD! We started jumping and running like crazy! Then one security guard told us to slow down and walk. So we did. Barely. LOL! And then we came there! Dunja was 2nd row, and I was 4th. Amazing.

At about 8 o'clock started Albert Hammond JR. He was AWESOME! I thought that this was some boring , James Morrison kinda guy,who would make us fall asleep. But I was wrong - the energy was amazing! After a 30-40 minute set, he left the stage and thanked us. When he asked if we were excited about seeing Coldplay, the crowd was CRAZY!!!

Soon, the venue was full. And my legs were KILLING ME. So what did I do? I decided to take off my shoes and put them in my backpack. Yeah, that's right, I was barefoot!!!

And the band was about to start. 15 minutes or so after AH JR ,black curtains came down. We all knew that Coldplay was about to start. Soon afterwards started The Blue Danube theme, and it was LOUDER and LOUDER and that's what made the crowd go CRAZY!!!

And then it started...

LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR

The haunting sounds of the beginning started, and the lights were more and more intensive. The magic balls were lighting. It became faster and faster. Just as the tempo, the volume and the lights were growing, so was the adrenaline.

Then Chris sang the "OOOOOO-OOOOO" part , together with the crowd, who was yelling and screaming, and most importantly - SMILING!

You could feel the love, and the energy right away. Such which I would love every day of my life to be filled with.

After the end of the song the curtains pulled back up...

VIOLET HILL

Everyone was singing. Chris seemed to be somewhat confused. Dunno why. He seemed kinda weird. But then I guess he got in with all the hype and started dancing around to the song. It went really really quick. The last part was brilliant. It almost made me cry, thinking - MAN YOU ARE ONE LUCKY BASTARD!!!

I knew which one followed. I couldn't believe I would hear the once the only Coldplay song I loved ...

CLOCKS

Red and green lights and lasers. Euphoria. Screaming. Amazing. I only wish that the tempo was faster. But I don't mind. It was CLOCKS DAMN IT!

And as my friend Dunja said, the only sentence that could describe the concert was their own... "AND NOTHING ELSE COMPARES..."

The song was over, and Chris welcomed us, saying that he was happy to be there and thanked the crowd for making their first concert in Hungary so big. He also said some things in Hungarian, but me, not knowing any of those, could only guess...

IN MY PLACE

Will started banging those drums so hard lol, and then the smooth, familiar melody of this epic song came - Johnny played the solo, and then Chris started singing... Everything was going smoothly... The "YEAAAAAH" parts were incredible. The song is, as someone had already said, one of the best live songs... Yeah, there was some Chris and Johnny loving, with hugging at the end and some giggling lol...

SPEED OF SOUND

Even though I was yelling my HEART out for them to play SQUARE ONE - they didn't. Chris told Johnny something,went in the back for a minute and then came back. I was hoping that they'd do Square One, but - they didn't. They did Speed Of Sound instead. The song I don't really love. But loved it live. The atmosphere was cool. And the magic balls spinning like crazy, looking like planet Earth,seemed to add to the magic...

Once again, Chris thanked us for coming and said that the best part of the concert for them is when the chemistry between the band and the audience is felt. And so he asked us to sing along for the next one!

The lights went blue...

CEMETERIES OF LONDON

God. At first I thought, I'd never hear this one live! Thank God the petition worked, cuz it was an awesome one. We screamed like crazy for the "LA LA LAY" parts and Chris was like - "You're great!" :)

The only thing I minded about this song is the tempo , that was slower than on the album. Still it was a great great one...

CHINESE SLEEP CHANT

The crowd went reaaaaally crazy on this one and I was like WTF?! But then of course I enjoyed it,even though it's my least fav from VLV album. Well the lasers were great, and the atmosphere was good. A song this fast was good for the concert - for variety's sake.

The crowd also really loved this. It didn't hit me that much until the fast part, when the video screen behind the band started showing them so fast, it was stunning. I have that part recorded. :)

FIX YOU

Well what can I say??? There was this unbelievable, pure magic between the band and the fans. I was so happy to hear this...ode to friendship in my opinion. And what seemed weird is that , all the movements of Chris' when he stood up, and clapping of hands before the guitars and drums, when everyone thought that he would jump into the crowd, it all seemed so ... normal to me. Like , seeing Chris Martin in front of me was really something natural. I felt like I knew him all my life,like he was my friend. And I wish he was, for knowing a man with so much energy is really something special... The crowd sang the last chorus and then Chris sang it as well... There was the love that Coldplay sent... Amazing...

STRAWBERRY SWING

It's weird how I didn't even notice when this song passed... It was really cool and chilling though. Made me wanna lie down and pour some lemonade on a straw... Cause it was "such a perfect day" after all...

Then the band went to the middle of the arena, the B stage...

GOD PUT A SMILE UPON YOUR FACE / TALK - TECHNO MIX

I must say that this was the weakest part of the concert for me... I wish the songs were kept in their original forms, as this was toooo remixed... Still , I really love both these songs, so I enjoyed them despite this...

After that , Chris said some stuff, like, I am now gonna do some stuff on my own, let these guys take a rest,if you don't mind...

And then a deep male voice could be heard - "I LOVE YOU CHRIS!" and then Chris said sth like... "OK...THANX MAN, I LOVE YOU TOO HAHA!"

And the whole arena was laughing! :)

Then came one of the most beautiful concert parts... Which was anything but hard...

THE HARDEST PART

Dunja's favorite song. Which made her cry!

Chris started in his deep register voice, singing the first verse and chorus. It was magical. You could hear the WHOLE ARENA singing the chorus, like a choir. Perfect. And then, after the chorus, Chris started singing in the high register (dunno if that's how it's said,sorry if I am wrong,but you get the gist ;) ) and it made me shiver. Smiles on people's faces. Intimate atmosphere. Love. Happiness. And magic...

After this , Chris played what I can assume was a part of POSTCARDS FROM FAR AWAY which was beautiful...

The band was ready. The climax of the show was about to happen...

VIVA LA VIDA

While Chris was still at the piano in the mid of the arena, Will started banging the drums and singing with the crowd... "OOoOoOoOOH-oOOOOOoOOoOoOH!" and euphoria was there, you just couldn't say no to it.

Then Chris ran to the main stage and started singing. "People singing and the sound of drums...I couldn't believe where I had come!" - yeah that's how I would describe this song! Viva La Vida. Live. I mean... A dream come true. The song lasted for like, 10 mins with all the OooOOoOOOh's after the song, when Chris just lay down and smiling, sang with the crowd. "Thank you,you are beautiful"

The crowd just didn' wanna stop... Then started the banging sounds of ...

LOST!

WoW !This one was HEAVY! The drums made the arena SHAKE! Perfect. Well,just watch the official video for it, and you'll get it all. But you have got to experience it live... Chris thanked the band, and then they left...

Viva La Vida was sang again by the fans. Everyone was confused - where were the guys?

And then , the shock! They were at the end of the arena! In front of the sitting area at the very end of the arena, and Chris said - "We wanted to give a rest to those guys in front, plus give you guys a treat of seeing the handsomeness that we are!"

And then started the "harmonica-acoustic" part of the concert...

DEATH WILL NEVER CONQUER

"This is the best drummer in the world and a great singer - Will Champion" - said Chris. And then the song started. Surprisingly, many people were singing to it... Chris played harmonica...

THE SCIENTIST

Though I would have preferred the original version, I really liked this as well. Besides the acoustic guitar, there was also harmonica played by Chris. Once again,intimate moments between the band and the crowd - everyone was singing A-OOOH parts together,and the magic was felt for Xth Time...

And the band went off the C-stage... Where? Everyone was confused. A techno version of VLV started, and it was rather long... People didn't know if it was the end , but I did. lol.

POLITIK

Dark. Silence.

And then...

LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!

The adrenaline rising sounds of Politik began and everyone was singing. It was a really... how do I call it? Orgasmic feeling?! LoL! Well yeah,it was really ReALLY powerful, you know? Politik is such a great song live and should ALWAYS be played live.

And Chris sang this:

"Give me one cause one is best, our first concert in Budapest" LOL!

I was hoping that I'd hear Reign Of Love, but I didn't :(

Chris played a classical piece on piano,and then clapped his hands 3 times.

LOVERS IN JAPAN

The video started on the screen and everyone was jumping... The chorus came and the butterflies flew ALL AROUND! Everyone was jumping,screaming,laughing... That is one of those rare moments in life that you wanna keep in your mind FOREVER - so THANK YOU COLDPLAY for granting this to us!!! The song was really so great. The butterflies and all... Nah, I can't find the words. You have to FEEL that!

After this, Chris came to the piano and said something like - "thank you for coming,you were a lovely audience, and we promise to come soon again, as we should have done way earlier..."

Then came the biggest moment in concert for me!

"YOU'RE THE BEST!"

I yelled.

And then Chris turned his head to me and said "THANKS MAN!"

WOW!

Was that amazing or what LOL!

And then came the beautiful

DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

And I was a bit sad that it was coming to an end, but then again, really really happy to have been there...

They left...

YELLOW

yeah,everyone knew they'd play this. And yelled YELLOW (especially PlugInColdplaying when I yelled SHUT UP! But it's OK, I mean, the man loves the band, what can you do,it's not his fault he is irritating lol!)

The song sounded great live. And after it, the band took a bow, and Chris came to the microphone,smiling, said "Thank you all for coming, we love you so much - you were such,such an amazing crowd and we can't wait to come again. Good night guys!"

And then they left.

The Escapist started and it was played in the back.

The crowd was collecting the butterflies, and singing Viva La Vida... It was perfect.

After it, Dunja and I went to buy some stuff - I bought a T-shirt and the tour book (make sure you get it,even if you don't have any bread to eat after the concert lol,it's THAT good) and some badges...

I hoped we could meet the band, but we didn't. Cuz who knows where they were... And our bus was ready to go...

It made me sad it was over, but also kinda of magical. God, what a night that was...

What can I say more? It is a very very long review anyway, so the best is that you go and see it for yourselves - YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!