✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I Think The Acoustic 'Lost' Is The Better Than The Normal!

iPsy

I LOVE VIVA LA VIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just so overwhelmed, it is amazing but one song I love is 'Lost', but when I heard the proper version, I thought the claps ruined it, I think the acoustic is much better, What do you think?

anyway, the album- 10/10

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it sounds rather overproduced after a few listens, I have to say I'm not won over by it. The acoustic version is good and the solo fits the piano better than the guitar imho.

The acoustic vs album argument I feel also applies to Lovers in Japan. I really rate the acoustic version, as many people have said it's like a synthesis of See You Soon/Sleeping Sun/Til Kingdom Come, which are some of my favourites. The album version seems really busy and at times, messy. I would also say Chris's vocals on it aren't as refined as the acoustic version, but that's probably just me.

The acoustic vs album argument I feel also applies to Lovers in Japan. I really rate the acoustic version, as many people have said it's like a synthesis of See You Soon/Sleeping Sun/Til Kingdom Come, which are some of my favourites. The album version seems really busy and at times, messy. I would also say Chris's vocals on it aren't as refined as the acoustic version, but that's probably just me.

I prefer the album version of Lost, it's more eventful, I like the beat, but i agree with your analysis of LIJ.

more eventful??? I suppose, but it is NOT the Coldplay I know, they are not into TOO Many claps, they could have made it so amazing and emotional but they have tried to make it 'fun', which is NOT Coldplay! lol, that's what I think anyway

more eventful??? I suppose, but it is NOT the Coldplay I know, they are not into TOO Many claps, they could have made it so amazing and emotional but they have tried to make it 'fun', which is NOT Coldplay! lol, that's what I think anyway

The band AND Eno have both stated they wanted to make sure, because it was important to them, to have life in the music. Sure you can have serious songs, but there needs to be an organic energy.

I think they achieved that!

yeah, I suppose josh_simo, but I still feel the acoustic has a bit of a better feel to it, it might just be because I LOVE Acoustic music?? maybe, don't get my wrong, I like the album version but I just LOVE The Acoustic version! Brian Eno has brought a brilliant sound to the album and some songs (like Lost), I will have to get used to!

I think a lot of us prefer the acoustic version because it's the one we got to know the song by. Both are amazing for different reasons, but so far, I def. prefer the acoustic.

I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll just post this here: I'm just now reaching The Escapist and HO-LEE SHIT! THIS IS NOT A COLDPLAY ALBUM!! IT's by some epic band that I've just discovered!! IT CAN'T BE Coldplay!! It's just too...too...too...PERFECT!!!!!!

Oh Em Eff Gee! This is Coldplay??? THIS is my favorite band?? Can I pick 'em or what???? I'm blown away even more than I thought I would be...and all jokes aside, I don't 'squeeeee' for just anything! THIS IS AMAZING!!! LIKE NO OTHER ALBUM THIS DECADE!! (including Coldplay's albums!):D:D:D:D:D!

Hey Trace, I've been trying to download it in it's entirety for about two and a half hours now and am only up to downloading the fourth smallest I don't already have (Strawberry Swing) :dozey:. Consolance cookies?

It's 9 times as worse than Violet Hill Night :disappointed:

arrrrr...I found a brilliant website which downloaded them one by one in about a minute each, I can't remember what website it is, sorry, but it was really good and all the songs are top quality!

why don't you just wait for a week while we feel smug!

:D

lol

^ Why don't you just GTFO?? :dozey:

I swear if someone says that again I'll batter their head in.

Trace, I'M ALREADY DOWNLOADING FROM THE SECOND LINK YOU PMED ME :laugh3: my internet's slow, THAT'S why :dozey: I went over my download limit early last month so now I have to suffer 'till the 14th!

Which is the day we get the album... ohhh this place sucks shit.

I think a lot of us prefer the acoustic version because it's the one we got to know the song by. Both are amazing for different reasons, but so far, I def. prefer the acoustic.

I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll just post this here: I'm just now reaching The Escapist and HO-LEE SHIT! THIS IS NOT A COLDPLAY ALBUM!! IT's by some epic band that I've just discovered!! IT CAN'T BE Coldplay!! It's just too...too...too...PERFECT!!!!!!

Oh Em Eff Gee! This is Coldplay??? THIS is my favorite band?? Can I pick 'em or what???? I'm blown away even more than I thought I would be...and all jokes aside, I don't 'squeeeee' for just anything! THIS IS AMAZING!!! LIKE NO OTHER ALBUM THIS DECADE!! (including Coldplay's albums!):D:D:D:D:D!

agreed!

ok i let myself listen to lost! because between the acoustic version and that interview, i pretty much knew the song back to front anyway...

upon first listen i didn't think it had anything on the acoustic... the vocals didn't sound as passionate at times (almost slightly rushed), very little piano - mainly organ, it sounds very different to old coldplay, and the beat iskinda rnb-ish. but after listening a couple more times, i've decided to put aside any preconceptions of what new coldplay should sound like, and the more i listen to the album version, the more its growing on me. i love the backing vocals at the end.. wish they continued over the organ as it fades out... i can just imagine it live.. that organ conclusion was almost made for the crowd to cheer over after the final beat drops... in fact it would've been awsome if the chorus was repeated over the organ at the end so that we could sing it at concerts, much like the end of Fix You...

having said all that, i think it was wise to introduce the song to us via the acoustic so that we could find some familiar territory in it, rather than instantly dislike it for not being 'coldplay' enough - whatever that even means in this period of experimentation!

i'm really glad to read that the album has surpassed most of your expectations.. can't wait to feel the same joy in just over a week. until then i'll just flog lost! for all it's got...