✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I Think The Acoustic 'Lost' Is The Better Than The Normal!

iPsy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the acoustic version. To be honest Lost! is, at this moment, my least favorite track of the album. I don't like that church feeling, I don't like the african rhythm and I don't like the clapping... well to be honest it really annoys me the beginning of the song, but I like the end, the guitar solo is awesome.

I think something similar happened with Politik. Since first listen I loved the end of the song, but I couldn't stand the beginning, I HATED IT!! But with time I started to tolerate it and then I started to like it, so eventually I enjoyed the full song... and now it's one of my favorite songs ever.... maybe the same thing is gonna happen with this one. :)

both are very good in their own right. However i see reasons as to why the acoustic wasn't included on the new album- it's not rocky enough. Lost! fits much better in the progression of the album while Lost? fits the Coldplay mold from previous albums. I think they released the acoustic separately to show people they still recognize their roots of melodic songs and such- mostly.

both are very good in their own right. However i see reasons as to why the acoustic wasn't included on the new album- it's not rocky enough. Lost! fits much better in the progression of the album while Lost? fits the Coldplay mold from previous albums. I think they released the acoustic separately to show people they still recognize their roots of melodic songs and such- mostly.

Yeah, the whole band version does fit the album better, absolutely!

^^^PMs/ What PMs?? I didn't send any PMs...;)

I love the acoustic lost but on first play of the album lost I was blown away - the hand claps are brilliant and the guitar solo is very rocky. The chorus sounds way better on the album version, the the verses suit the acoustic style, so swings and roundabouts I guess.

I just think it's great that Coldplay think it is important to give us two versions of the one song. :)

My vote is with the acoustic(sorry, PIANO ), version.Only because it is the raw, emotion-charged voice of simply Chris that draws me....

but maybe they didn`t feel the show would need a breathtaking moment; rather, opted for the good ole clap -yer-hands and sing along version...:P

Sorry, I'm just so overwhelmed, it is amazing but one song I love is 'Lost', but when I heard the proper version, I thought the claps ruined it, I think the acoustic is much better, What do you think?

I felt very much the same, it's hard letting go of the piano ballad it was in the acoustic version. I think it could've been stripped down, particularly from the hip-hop feel, it's a little too much, kills the solo too. Great song still though.

I think a lot of us prefer the acoustic version because it's the one we got to know the song by. Both are amazing for different reasons, but so far, I def. prefer the acoustic.

I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll just post this here: I'm just now reaching The Escapist and HO-LEE SHIT! THIS IS NOT A COLDPLAY ALBUM!! IT's by some epic band that I've just discovered!! IT CAN'T BE Coldplay!! It's just too...too...too...PERFECT!!!!!!

Oh Em Eff Gee! This is Coldplay??? THIS is my favorite band?? Can I pick 'em or what???? I'm blown away even more than I thought I would be...and all jokes aside, I don't 'squeeeee' for just anything! THIS IS AMAZING!!! LIKE NO OTHER ALBUM THIS DECADE!! (including Coldplay's albums!):D:D:D:D:D!

haha! this is too cute! I feel the same way... it's totally epic, isn't it?

I see the songs are two separate tracks. I hears Lost? first and instantly fell in love with it. It truly is an amazing song. I'd heard so many on here who had downloaded the album or heard the album streaming off their myspace and nearly went crazy after reading all the reviews. I resisted temptation to hear it before I had the actual hardcopy in my hands.

Then I heard Lost! and wow! :stunned: It is also quite something special. The beat just captivates you. Once Cemeteries of London ends and the beat for Lost! picks up - almost instantly I've got my head moving to each beat. I get so into the song, moving with the rhythm - just completely saturated with this sound.

When I hear Lost?, it's more a sit-quietly-and-take-it-all-in kind of setting. I don't know, I just don't see the songs are being all that similar, like despite having the same words and all, and yes they are obviously two versions of the same song, I still think they are extremely different.

Having said allllll that lol, I like hmmm, (very hard to choose), but Lost? is better. But it totally depends on the mood I'm in :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...