✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

another alleged plagiarism in viva la vida

kince

I found this clip on youtube after watching the one by Creeky Boards.

IT's called If I Could Fly by Joe Satriani.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ofFw9DKu_I

The tune is so much similar if not identical and it's was written back in 92' as some of the comments claimed.

I have read some fans find tt viva la vida lost its coldplay-ness in it. maybe the song is not written by them after all?

So Coldplay pls tell us you have never heard of this song before, it's just freakishly coincidental.

who gives a shit......what they(coldplay) did sounds better anyways......how many fucken songs out that sound similar and nobody says shit...........the only reason why this is all coming out is cause its a fucken sick ass song and people are coldplay haters..and they want to steal there thunder.........SO PEOPLE STOP FUCKEN HATING ON COLDPLAY......AND GET A FUCKEN LIFE ..........so u can try and make something as good as coldplays music (which i really doubt)..........SO AGAIN FUCK ALL U COLDPLAY HATERS IF UR READING THIS!!!!!.......

PEACE OUT :angry:

• Like 1

thats cool but I do it all the time. Just a few weeks ago I wrote a brilliant guitar riff, only to later realize it was a complete ripoff of a song composed by my 2nd grade music teacher for our choral concert. But Im still going to continue the song. If its that big of a deal, there will be legal action against Coldplay, and I dont see that happening.:dozey:

EDIT: Oh shit!^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
thats cool but I do it all the time. Just a few weeks ago I wrote a brilliant guitar riff, only to later realize it was a complete ripoff of a song composed by my 2nd grade music teacher for our choral concert. But Im still going to continue the song. If its that big of a deal, there will be legal action against Coldplay, and I dont see that happening.:dozey:
How can you remember 2nd grade? lol *impressed*

• 2 weeks later...
who gives a shit......what they(coldplay) did sounds better anyways......how many fucken songs out that sound similar and nobody says shit...........the only reason why this is all coming out is cause its a fucken sick ass song and people are coldplay haters..and they want to steal there thunder.........SO PEOPLE STOP FUCKEN HATING ON COLDPLAY......AND GET A FUCKEN LIFE ..........so u can try and make something as good as coldplays music (which i really doubt)..........SO AGAIN FUCK ALL U COLDPLAY HATERS IF UR READING THIS!!!!!.......

PEACE OUT :angry:

LOL at the last sentence!

(fuck you all...peace out!)

lol.

yeah I do agree with you,though.

• 3 months later...

A couple days ago I was playing around with chords (trying to figure out something to record when I get home next week), and came across a few simple chord changes that sounded really nice and sympathetic. After a moment's thought, I swear to God it was the exact same chords as the chorus of fix you! I've learned the song before, but haven't played it in months and was shocked that I had accidentally plagiarized coldplay :o .I've actually considered continuing with the song. After all, I technically came up with the riff myself, with no intention of ripping off another song...

Not a good day for Music.

Although I am a tremendous coldplay fan, this kind of video never looks good. This kind of lawsuit is not going to help the band. This is bad for music. When creating a song from scratch, you are "led" from one chord or note to the other. After being "led" around a few times, you complete a progression. These progressions either sound good to the creator or they don't. The reason coldplay is where they are today, a monstrous success, is because they take the same progression as 10,000 of their contemporaries, and simply make the most out of it.

So yes, a small portion of the Satriani clip sounds like VLV, and that doesn't look (or sound) good, it is good to know that during the court case I guarantee the coldplay defense will be playing this clip for the judge to hear. This from a latin band, Enanitos Verdes, with this song circa 2002. 2 years previous to Satriani.

ENJOY - the fun starts at around :35 in.:laugh3::laugh3::shocked2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH4gaPHs9Hc

Well, all I can say is - hey, look at the Beatles! They borrowed pretty heavily from previous artists (who borrowed from previous artists, who...). And there are only some nice fits to musical patterns - chord progressions - so it's like trying to patent the different ways to tie shoes. Only so many lacing pattens work to hold it all together.

key change, etc.

I already came to terms with the fact that there is no such thing as new material. The probability of someone coming up with the same chord progression in a world with billions of people is pretty good.

Same here.

I just got a nice chord progression like 36 hours ago. I don't give my song more than two weeks of radio airplay for someone to go "Oh man you stole that chord progression!".

Oh well I stole it yes.

I'm using a capo in 5 (Yellow uses Capo 3) and there is a C->Csus2 and a D->Dsus4 chord progression JUST SOMEHOW like Yellow's A->Asus4->A->E->Esus4->D->Dsus2.

Damn it, I'm just a f*cking scam. Plus there's a string ensemble backing the chords, just like in Viva La Vida. I think I should just stop music and send all my songs to Chris Martin so they can release it under their name.

And for that crappy screamo thing I made last week around a distortion guitar using an E-power chord, who should I send it to? Van Halen? Metallica? AC/DC?

Damn, some artists are really too full of themselves... Like "I invented music"...

(Oh yeah, guess that since a lot of the things I made these last two weeks use a bass-sustension technique I saw used on Beck's Loser, do I need to send him everything even if I use a chord-progression I stole from Lenny Kravitz?)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...