✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Help Me Open Live For Coldplay Please *bites fingers*

This has been edited now, a la youtube video entry addition. Its up to San Francisco's Live.105 now (eek!) and if I get through that level to the top fifteen entries, I'll hound you guys down to vote (or at least ask nicely) :nice:

Anyway, this is just the most amazing thing. I realize I'm just one girl, but well, not to quote Coldplay but, if you never try, you'll never know.

So here's my try: <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2j2eQZDqQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2j2eQZDqQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks (still) for even clicking (:

M.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you really think so? :blush: thanks bunches for giving it a listening. means a lot to me (:

ya its a really good song........and dont worry about it what r coldplay friends for:)..........and ya ur voice is really good

@

I like the simple purity of it - very beautiful! Improving it? Well, it's all subjective - in some ways, it's best left as is, if you want a steady, sweet lullaby. Or, for more drama, add some dynamics - start out simple, and as the song progresses, add more accompaniment very gradually; gradually increase volume, and build to a crescendo. jump octaves, added with the lower octave on the piano/keyboard. Create some mystery (but the lyrics work well as is). Change chords somewhere 2/3 through, or maybe not? What seems to work is a good basic melody, with growing harmony, some pleasing surprises, and a return at some point to the start. simple-harmonize-simple-change-beginning. Soft-louder-louder-soft-louder. Vary the harmony; vary the melody as it progresses to play with the ear a bit more? Subtle variations, and add a few surprises?

For some reason U2's Electric Storm came to mind - it has the start of something reminiscent of childhood memory - light xylophone sound; and then progresses to build, returning to the original; and finally they change key signatures (creative, but not my favorite part), and end wildly jagged. But then it's based on the mood you're trying to project as well.. If you're going for Colby Calliat's sound, then keep it milder, and gently add accompanyment. But it seems best when music stats simple, and grows to include a greater dynamic range of components, begging the listener to wait and listen for the next bird to start to sing in the early morning air..

I really like it--it's the kind of song that can bring a smile to your face without realising it. Your voice is really pretty. I agree with what the person above me said; it would benefit from a little variation--maybe switch the melody up a tiny bit in one of the verses or choruses, and try adding some more dynamics. It's very sweet but has no peak/climax.

But yeah, I think you stand a good chance. ;)

aw gosh, this is brilliant. thanks for all the comments/suggestions - I'm taking them to heart.

I completely I agree there should be more of a build. Its what I wanted in the first place, I'm just having trouble accomplishing it on my own. I'll hopefully have an actual video by this evening, but the set-up thus far is:

I've recorded the first piano bit and will play it as a backing track, while I play guitar/sing. I've found that if I wear the right shoes, my tambourine fits right around my foot, so that I can play it and still have my hands free for guitar/piano :P At the end, I'll switch from playing my guitar, to playing the piano parts. I can have some guitar as a backing track I guess.. as for creating more of a build, what do you think? maybe a little distortion? I wanted to keep it as organic as possible. I mean, in my head I hear it as a full song, but I think it would be silly to try and play it that way just on my own. I think I could pull it off better with more of a stripped down feel.

gah, that was quite a bit of rambling. but I really appreciate all the help, its really exciting! :nice:

thanks!

M.

hey thanks! :blush: my voice is always the bit that makes me cringe a little. its funny how people can't stand their own voices.

^ btw your avatar makes me crack up :nice:

now, still need to work out how to make the song build up more.. (see a fews posts up if you're interested, haha)

thanks again you guys! this is great *grin*

Awha (: I think it must be something that happens when its recorded.

I sound about four years old on the phone :confused:

lol....no I just think that it´s the fact we hear ourself speaking "inside ourself"...so there is a sort of echoe...or something like that...so hearing ourself from the "outside" sounds weird:P

my relatives always used to tell me that my voice is similar to that of my sister and once I heard it I realized that it was really so wheter I was really convinced of the contrary before:P:P

its funny about perceptions. I live in california again now, but I lived in london for some time, and apparently i still have some of the accent. i never hear it, but once in a while I'll say something, and my friends will look at me as if to say 'you're doing it again' :P

aw well.

anyway, all my important music information is back on the last page now :P i'm always getting off topic :nice:

^lol that happens frequently....Ii helped with it thoug, sorry:P:P

anyway u lved in London? that is so cool! another weird thing is that my friends use to telling me I even change the tone of my voice when I speak other languages :P

change tone of voice? really, how weird :P

I can't speak any other languages anyway. my father's from poland, but he never spoke it around the house. I did pick up spanish from a neighbor even before I could speak english, but I've lost that now too.

as for london, I spent a few years there living with my best friend (: it was just great.

i'm going to have re-post everything, it might be confusing otherwise :laugh3: its interesting though, about people's voices.

well I speak german and english..well and italian obviously...and I can notice it with my father too ...he sounds really more serious and low when he turnes from italian to german!

so you stayed there with your best friend? but does she live there or u both went there together and then found a flat to live in or something like that?

he lives in the midlands there, but was taking courses as a place in london and needed a flatmate. so i was there in an instant :P I really love london. it gets a bad wrap.. i had some friends come visit, and they just complained about the weather and the people and the food and so on... I don't understand it. I think its a wonderful place :nice:

he lives in the midlands there, but was taking courses as a place in london and needed a flatmate. so i was there in an instant :P I really love london. it gets a bad wrap.. i had some friends come visit, and they just complained about the weather and the people and the food and so on... I don't understand it. I think its a wonderful place :nice:

absolutely!

I went there for the last time last january with my cousin: we stayed there for a week and I just fell in love for it even more!,,,the weather was bad for 2 days(my cousin also got a flou!) but I don´t complain about it..,.although i do understand ur friends that found themselves in the foggy london coming from the sunny california:P:P

I would really love to go to university there and I am seriously thinking about taking a gap year before it and looking for a flat and a job...cos I know that live is quite expensive so I will have to try before I actually decide to go to live there, u know!