✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Help Me Open Live For Coldplay Please *bites fingers*

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, to get me back on track :P

aw gosh, this is brilliant. thanks for all the comments/suggestions - I'm taking them to heart.

I completely I agree there should be more of a build. Its what I wanted in the first place, I'm just having trouble accomplishing it on my own. I'll hopefully have an actual video by this evening, but the set-up thus far is:

I've recorded the first piano bit and will play it as a backing track, while I play guitar/sing. I've found that if I wear the right shoes, my tambourine fits right around my foot, so that I can play it and still have my hands free for guitar/piano :P At the end, I'll switch from playing my guitar, to playing the piano parts. I can have some guitar as a backing track I guess.. as for creating more of a build, what do you think? maybe a little distortion? I wanted to keep it as organic as possible. I mean, in my head I hear it as a full song, but I think it would be silly to try and play it that way just on my own. I think I could pull it off better with more of a stripped down feel.

gah, that was quite a bit of rambling. but I really appreciate all the help, its really exciting! :nice:

thanks!

M.

song: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d3kt9k

Guest Hyperfried

Wow, this is fantastic! You should see with your local radio station if you could record a better quality version of it, but... especially considering the low quality, this is amazing. You remind me a little bit of Yael Naïm, actually, but it's purer, and... just overall better.

I'd love to hear more of you!

Thanks a lot you guys :blush: Its so great to hear from you. I usually like to keep my music to myself.. I think it'd be different if I had a band, but since its just me, I find it easier to be shy about it :nice: But its such a cool thing to get to try for, opening for Coldplay :shocked3: so I thought I'd put away the fears and see how it goes.

And everyone's been so cool to me, so thanks (:

If and when it comes time to vote, it'd be great if you could vote for me as a last favor. And in return, I'll...erm.. individually steal guitar picks from the band to send to you if I win. Or, you know, something like that :P

M.

Track

...aw gosh, this is brilliant. thanks for all the comments/suggestions - I'm taking them to heart.

I completely I agree there should be more of a build. Its what I wanted in the first place, I'm just having trouble accomplishing it on my own. I'll hopefully have an actual video by this evening, but the set-up thus far is:

I've recorded the first piano bit and will play it as a backing track, while I play guitar/sing. I've found that if I wear the right shoes, my tambourine fits right around my foot, so that I can play it and still have my hands free for guitar/piano :P At the end, I'll switch from playing my guitar, to playing the piano parts. I can have some guitar as a backing track I guess.. as for creating more of a build, what do you think? maybe a little distortion? I wanted to keep it as organic as possible. I mean, in my head I hear it as a full song, but I think it would be silly to try and play it that way just on my own. I think I could pull it off better with more of a stripped down feel.

Your Green Tambourine?;) Sounds like a KT Tunstall one-woman-band thing!:P Distortion is ..hmm.. well, when it fits in a song it works well; where to put something like that though - that truly is a million dollar question! I like your idea of switching to piano at the end - that will add a surprise!

Thinking about starting simple, with distortion.. I recall an old ELO song that started out with the old-style telephone distortion, and as the song progressed, it got clearer, smoother, and louder just a bit.. From the basic melody, to adding a stronger, more confident sound, to adding accompaniments - would you have access to an orchestra?:) Violins add some magic. Midi? I've listened to Elton John's Yellow Brick Road recently, and I recall hearing just him and his piano part separately - it does help to have the added parts; otherwise, it's like a toucan without the jungle - still good, but could be better.;) Sounds like you're going the Tunstall route; maybe look at how she does it? I'm just guessing - it's not my business. But if you listen close enough to Clocks, you'll see the subtle changes, and the variations that keep it lively, as well as the entry points for accompaniments, albeit much synth. stuff.

Keep it real, and good luck to you!!;)

gah, that was quite a bit of rambling. but I really appreciate all the help, its really exciting! :nice:

thanks!

M.

oh I'm a massive fan of KT Tunstall, I'm sure she's going to show up in a lot of things I do :P

As for things like violins and orchestras.. that'd definitely be wishful thinking on my part. I'd love to have that, but you have to remember I'm one girl in one small bedroom. Most of the things I'd like to do are just a tiny bit out of reach at the moment. I tried adding on some strings from my keyboard, but I think it sounded kind of silly (i.e. you could really tell they were from my keyboard :nice: ) I'm going to try and have a video on hand by this evening, and maybe it'll be clearer to see where I'm going wrong, and maybe what I could try doing to help it.

I know must've said it a billiion times now, but really, thanks for taking an interest. I wouldn't have a lot of input otherwise, and also it seems as if it'd be more objective here. My parents will tell me it sounds nice no matter what :P So again, thanks bunches!

when and where can i vote?:)

*grins* next week, annd, I'll let you know.

it'll be amazing if I even get chosen as one of the possibles to be honest.

as far as I can tell, a radio station in san francisco will choose 15 artists out of all of the entrees from our region, then the public votes on those 15 artists, which will whittle it down to 3 artists. And then Coldplay chooses one of those out of the 3 remaining.

I sincerely doubt I'll get that far, but its something fun and exciting to try for anyway.

At the very least this is all good practice :nice:

so its just u.ur not part of a band or anything like that...............AND THAT WAS MY 700TH POST YAYYA!!

it is just me :embarassed: I'm hard pressed to find anybody in my town who wants to make more than screamo emo music. And I'm a terrible scream-singer :P

and - congrats on the 700th post! I feel a little bit a part of that, discussing the weird way our voices sound on recording earlier :laugh3:

it is just me :embarassed: I'm hard pressed to find anybody in my town who wants to make more than screamo emo music. And I'm a terrible scream-singer :P

and - congrats on the 700th post! I feel a little bit a part of that, discussing the weird way our voices sound on recording earlier :laugh3:

haha thanks.and ya thanks to u ................but just tell me where to vote or what i have to do to help u out and ill do it:).....good luck

Well you know Coldplay's got the bakery.

And I've got my bedroom :P

And you can't readily find mine on google, so that's nice.

:nice: thanks a lot ! really.

it'd be ridiculous if I won. I think they'll choose a real band. I just want to see how far I can get anyway (:

Do you only get to play one song before the gig? If so you're in with a chance of opening with this number I'm pretty sure. Chris Martin would absolutely love this, may even be quite jealous! (is it all your own work, really???)

If I were you I'd get really serious about this if you do want to win. Practice with the guys you'd be performing with as much as you can and try to get it really tight. It's also important to start seeing yourself as a real contender, rather than expecting it to go to some 'real' band (I recommend the first Rocky film for this lol).

Have you thought about paying for studio time to record it properly? I would! :)

Chris Martin would absolutely love this, may even be quite jealous! (is it all your own work, really???)

Could you ask him for sure? :P In the 'rules' section it says winners get up to twenty minutes to play.

Practice with the guys you'd be performing with as much as you can and try to get it really tight.

Oh its just me actually :embarassed: I've set it up so that I've got one piano on back-track (until the last bit at the end, I'll just play that live) a tambourine around my foot, a guitar and a microphone.

I'm not a great one for confidence. Its probably why I love Coldplay so much :nice:

Why is it so hard to believe that its my song though :P I write loads of songs, its just this one's the newest, and so I haven't had time to decide that I don't like it as much yet.

(sorry sorry. I'll go watch Rocky immediately after this)

Thanks again !

I love it! The smoke is awful isn't it? I'm in chico and I haven't seen the sun for like a week lol. It's getting sad. I love the song. Very impressive. I can hear in my head how I would build it up, but I'm not sure how to translate it over to you. The end of the song would benefit greatly from drums and bass. Got any friends? Anyways I think its a beautiful song. Nice work!

Could you ask him for sure? :P In the 'rules' section it says winners get up to twenty minutes to play.

Oh its just me actually :embarassed: I've set it up so that I've got one piano on back-track (until the last bit at the end, I'll just play that live) a tambourine around my foot, a guitar and a microphone.

I'm not a great one for confidence. Its probably why I love Coldplay so much :nice:

Why is it so hard to believe that its my song though :P I write loads of songs, its just this one's the newest, and so I haven't had time to decide that I don't like it as much yet.

(sorry sorry. I'll go watch Rocky immediately after this)

Thanks again !

If that is entirely your own work you're a quite simply a songwriting genius and all I can offer, yet again, is my previous encouragement :) And let me know how to vote when it comes up and I don't even need to listen to the other efforts, I'll be voting for you.

Seriously, get your band members together and very well practised and you may very well win. You''ll kick yourself if you fail at the interview stage because your toes slip and you drop the tambourine, trust me!!

Let us know how you get on :)