✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paul McCartney

RadioMad

I think that he is definetly one of the greatest musicians of the last 50 years. not my favorite Beatles (John is), but still has some good work. Seeing him twice (2002 & 2005) was very exciting and one of the best concerts i've been to. if anyone is considering to see him live or gets the chance... go! you won't be sorry.

my favorite album by him though would have to be Ram

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha Ram is a very wonderful album! I am so looking forward to Paul going on tour hopefully this year.

yeah... me too. i heard though that this may be his last tour and he may retire from touring to be with his daughter. i guess i could see this, i mean he is 66. if this is the case i definetly gotta see him. i really hope that he plays some songs he hasn't tried before/many times.

namely:

-Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey

-MAxwell's Silver Hammer

-(if he can do it) Oh Darling

-Teddy Boy

-Junk

-Monkberry Moon Delight

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, it's been a while since i've been on here....but i couldn't think of a more appropriate place to bring this up! I definitely miss coldplaying....

anyways, um, I think that i might meet paul mccartney, and not just in passing but actually possibly have dinner and or a full length conversation with him and for some reason I am FREAKING out...I don't know what to say!!! I don't want to go all "you're a living legend" on him but clearly he's not just any old guy I meet...what would you guys say??

Wow! I've met him on a few occassions. Only one time was I able to get in a word edgewise. And every time it was me chasing him like a rabid fan. I can't even imagine what to say if I was able to have a conversation of any length. Keep me posted. As you can tell from some of my other posts, I love hearing about people meeting their heroes.

On a side note, could someone please suggest solo albums for me. I have most of them, I have never listened. I apologise because I think I received suggestions before but I forgot :confused:

Ram, McCartney, Chaos & Creation in the Backyard, Band on the Run, Venus & Mars

but be sure to check out Ram... one of my favorite albums of all time

Ram, McCartney, Chaos & Creation in the Backyard, Band on the Run, Venus & Mars

but be sure to check out Ram... one of my favorite albums of all time

Haha...I think you provided me with the list I forgot about. Sorry about that, man. I'll put this one in a safe place, and I will be taking a listen. Thanks again.

Haha...I think you provided me with the list I forgot about. Sorry about that, man. I'll put this one in a safe place, and I will be taking a listen. Thanks again.

haha...no problem. lemme know what you think of them

I'd wet my pants if I got to meet a Beatle...

me too...haha

I am dying to hear more about this story. Like I said, I've met McCartney a few times, but I openly admit that I am a scavenger and a collector. The opportunity to have dinner with him, or engage in a conversation of any length...that would be the ultimate.

I'm so envious you got to meet McCartney...he's one of my music heroes (along w/ Lennon & Yorke)

have you ever seen him live?

No, it's probably one of the biggest regrets of my life. He played 2 nights at the Hollywood Bowl, and it was cold, rainy, and I was busy at work. Normally, I don't wimp out, but that's what I did. I am so mad at myself. I am considering going up to San Francisco in July to see him.

He also played at The Joint in Las Vegas. A couple of my friends drove out for the weekend, but I was too busy with school.

I met him after the 2nd night at the Hollywood Bowl. My friend knew where the after party was being held and gave me a tip. That's the only time I got to say a word to him. I also met him a couple times at a sound studio in Los Angeles when he was preparing to play Coachella. One day I was behind a fence; the other day I said hello while he was in his car leaving the studio (kind of a funny side note: when in Los Angeles, he drives himself in an older model Corvette).

The only other time I saw him in person was when he attended the Hollywood Star ceremony for George Harrison. I thought it was really cool that he showed up to honor his former band mate. That was one of the better Beatle events I ever attended...just good vibes.

So no...never saw him in concert, but I have had a few cool experiences. Win some, lose some.

I only had a second, so I told him it was an honor to meet him. He said, "Alright man, Rock N' Roll." He said it in the head bobbing, goofy way that you would imagine and expect. He signed my copy of 1, and that was it. I know it wasn't personal, but things like that mean a lot to me.

That's why this dinner thing (with details hopefully to come) is blowing my mind.

Wow, it's been a while since i've been on here....but i couldn't think of a more appropriate place to bring this up! I definitely miss coldplaying....

anyways, um, I think that i might meet paul mccartney, and not just in passing but actually possibly have dinner and or a full length conversation with him and for some reason I am FREAKING out...I don't know what to say!!! I don't want to go all "you're a living legend" on him but clearly he's not just any old guy I meet...what would you guys say??

I'd say you be one of the luckiestpeople ever. I'm so envious!

I only had a second, so I told him it was an honor to meet him. He said, "Alright man, Rock N' Roll." He said it in the head bobbing, goofy way that you would imagine and expect. He signed my copy of 1, and that was it. I know it wasn't personal, but things like that mean a lot to me.

That's why this dinner thing (with details hopefully to come) is blowing my mind.

that's pretty cool! I wish that I got to meet him... i would be in such awe, i would probably end up not saying anything :lol: