🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

^ OMG thanks a lot Tash :) I was sure I read it somewhere & even thought it was the oracle since back then I only got my band info from their official site.

Seems I am not the only one with a terrible memory :P

That just leaves me wondering, why Will and not Chris??

because they take turns if I remember correctly. Chris was Phil's best man.

Debs elaborated on that in this thread somewhere...I think. :thinking: Not sure though

July 6, 2012 - submitted by The Oracle, United Kingdom

Q. WHO'D LIKE TO JOIN TEAM ORACLE?

When I answer questions of a personal nature, Coldplay.com readers often get in touch with their own thoughts. So, we now have a weekly feature, Team Oracle, whereby each Friday (with the question asker's permission) we open up a question to all of you to answer too. Then, the following Friday, I'll post a selection of the best answers, alongside my own reply.

ANYONE can join in so, if you'd like to, please email your response to the following question, in no more than 250 words, to [email protected] before midnight Thursday 12th July.

I am struggling with my daily life. I find it hard to attend to all of my duties in an organized way. This makes me feel distressed since I want to succeed in life and reach my goals. I started the year thinking that I would get over my difficulties but I am still carrying their burden. So please I need your help. Thing is I'm trying to do a myriad of things at the same time and it is definitely not working. I have an English tutor, a French tutor, I am starting to learn Arabic on my own with videos I find on the internet, plus I have a part time job which occupies 25 hours of my week. I know that as I write it everything sounds wonderful, but when it comes to sitting down and studying I cannot concentrate and end up wasting my time on Facebook for example. Then the tutor day comes, and I've done nothing. I have deadlines & examinations. I cannot waste my time, honestly. Languages take up a lot of time. And I want this year to be worth it. Another detail is that I sleep almost 11 hours a day, I can't wake up early and I go to bed late. Any tips for organizing myself and enjoy life? I love what I study, so that's not something to discuss.

Thank you so much. Carol, Argentina.

Look forward to seeing your replies.

The Oracle

The Oracle replies:

Please email your replies to [email protected]

July 6, 2012 - submitted by Marie, United States of America

Q. TEAM ORACLE QUESTION #78

I graduated from uni a year ago but I've had to take care of my disabled mother (not the greatest recent graduate story). I found out early this year she has terminal cancer and has about less than a year. I've tried getting support from friends but many of them don't understand what I must be going through and many have flat-out told me I've been too emotional. I'm starting to feel incredibly alone in this situation as I'm losing friends and any form of support (other than my family - but we're collectively having a hard time too). How do I get through these times? It's hard enough that I'm probably one of a handful of 22 year olds going through this. I have the strength sometimes but there are times I just can't help but feel more and more alone with no one to turn to.

The Oracle replies:

You are experiencing something that nobody should have to, let alone someone of your young age. I would imagine that most people felt angry when they read that people have said you are "too emotional". I don't know how anyone would expect you to be anything but!

I suggest you look into support groups for carers where you can openly and confidentially discuss your feelings without feeling guilty or judged. It would be a great release for you emotionally to let out what you feel and to share with people who understand what you're going through because they are.

Respite care can really offer an amazing short term relief for you and family members.

I do feel it's important for you to get time off and away from your caring duties. Time for you to be you and do things that you enjoy. I understand that's probably very hard to think about with what you are facing but I'm sure all the family would benefit from some kind of rota system so that everyone can have some fun time - even if fun is the last thing you feel like having.

If you have even just one friend who is offering support - take it. You can't do this alone because while you're caring for your Mum, who is caring for you? Take support where you can and do talk with your family as they are going through the same as you - it will help.

If you have someone at a church (you don't need to be religious) or a community centre you could talk with, take that opportunity.

Also you may find help via the doctor/hospital who have been treating your Mum. If you visit cancer charities websites, they have sections aimed at carers and families of cancer patients - try and contact them as they may have some great advice and/or other people in your area that you could talk with.

You are no doubt exhausted by this so you can't be expected to have strength all the time but believe me when I tell you - you are doing great to cope with this so don't give up.

I wish I could do more for you. Hopefully some of the words this week will bring comfort in knowing we care.

Over to you.

'm very sorry for you and for what has happened. You need every bit of support at your side, and it's disappointing that your friends don't seem to understand or provide their care. It's reassuring to know that you have support from your family, and you can talk to them about how you are feeling whenever you like. When you have time, keep yourself busy with fun activities, or take up a new hobby. This will give you a break from the current situation and give you a more positive mindset. In addition, keep a journal and write down everything you are experiencing. When you are sad, jot it down. When you have strength, make note of it. Next time when you are overwhelmed, read your own words about having strength and let that inspire you to keep going. Warm regards, Blake.

I just wanted to say that I admire you for being such a help to your mom, and I'm sorry to hear she's sick. Your friends don't know how you feel because they aren't going through what you're going through, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try and understand you. Your true friends will stick by you when you need them most. You're probably feeling overwhelmed sometimes which can lead to unstable emotions. You should look for a healthy way to let all your stress out. It usually makes me feel better when I talk to someone, or even just exercise. Try not to keep everything bottled in though. If you don't communicate how you feel with those around you, you end up isolating yourself even more. Although it must hurt to see your friends move on with their lives, and you might feel like you're being weighed down, keep your head up. Try to make some time for yourself and do things you'd like to do, you definitely deserve it. Plus, you always have us here at Coldplay, you aren't alone. Wish you and your family the best. Love, Darem.

Praying brings a marvellous peaceful feeling to the soul. When you pray, you know there is someone beside you, taking care of you. There is someone who is listening attentively to every word you say, someone who will not judge you, someone who is sympathetic and will do everything to heal your wounds. Even if you are atheist, you still know there is a supreme force in the universe. Go to church, close your eyes, feel the energy. Take your mother by her hands, close your eyes, and pray together. Carolina.

First off, I want to say that I’m very sorry for your family’s hard time right now. Secondly, I want to say that I think what you’re doing is amazing. Taking time to take care of your mother is selfless and very kind, and I hope you give yourself a lot of credit for that. True friends are there for each other no matter what, and it saddens me to hear that some of your friends aren’t being that supportive. My advice to you would be to let them go, then. You need to focus on helping your mother and of course, on helping yourself. So think of the people who do support you, because ultimately, it’s from them that you’ll get strength and encouragement. As I say often to people: you are never alone. Please remember that. I wish you all the best. Stay strong and good luck. Sincerely, Medina.

Listen to some Coldplay albums. Coldplay fixes all.

How sad a circumstance to be in. I feel for you greatly and anyone with an ounce of true character would be far more supportive. It is likely that the friends you have are so young and so untouched by death and suffering they don't appreciate what you need.

Perhaps the hospital where your mom receives treatment could help - a support group perhaps. Wwhat you also need is respite care for her, so you can be by yourself go for a walk, read a book...

Beyond that you need an ear to listen to you. Someone who you can tell your frustrations to. Maybe an older person could be a great support.

For the record you are not too emotional (what are they KIDDING!).

Believe me when I say I admire you and all you are doing.

I wish you all the strength you need as you carry on with this battle, do take care and remember, there are people who do care, Laurie.

It seems there is only your family who understand right now. You didn't mention whether you have a Dad at home or siblings but whether it's aunties, uncles, cousins, grandparents... talk to whoever you do have around. You wrote to the Oracle so that's letting some of your feelings out. Maybe you will feel a little better if you share them with your family. They are probably going through similar feeling to you so it may help you all to share. Best wishes. Alex.

Thanks to all those who replied to Marie at this incredibly tough time. Remember, Team Oracle is open to anyone so if you fancy replying, click to read this week's question, and send us your answer.

That just leaves me wondering, why Will and not Chris??

Will and Jonny seem to be quite close these days. Not that all the boys aren't mates, but in all the recent liveblogs, photo shoots, interviews etc. It always seems like Jonny and Will are hanging out together. It seems they especially bond over being the two big football guys in the group.

As far as Chris, he does split his time between the UK and America more than the others (mostly due to his family I imagine.), so maybe he couldn't have fulfilled all the responsibilities of best man.

Will and Jonny seem to be quite close these days. Not that all the boys aren't mates, but in all the recent liveblogs, photo shoots, interviews etc. It always seems like Jonny and Will are hanging out together. It seems they especially bond over being the two big football guys in the group.

As far as Chris, he does split his time between the UK and America more than the others (mostly due to his family I imagine.), so maybe he couldn't have fulfilled all the responsibilities of best man.

I seem to remember in the weeks heading up to the wedding that Chris had performed at the Apple Keynote event and the Bridge School Benefit, so he had been spending a bit of time in CA.

But like Oracle has said, they rotate best man duties, too. I suppose they could just have 4 best men standing up for them each wedding, but that might get a bit crowded. LOL Plus I'm sure there are family members who are in the wedding party, too.

July 5, 2012 - submitted by Meagan, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Hi Oracle! I was at the concert in Charlotte yesterday (3rd) and it was absolutely fantastic! I wanted to ask, when Chris messed up during Us Against the World, what happened? I wasn't close enough to see and didn't hear anything go wrong. Again, such a great show and I can't wait to see you all again. :)

The Oracle replies:

You can watch it

. As you will see around the 1'45 it wasn't as bad as Chris seemed to think - I'm not even sure why he stopped. I LOVE this song though so it was a nice excuse to watch it on a Thursday afternoon.

Haha, has Debs not figured out the nightly 'accident'? I didn't want to admit it for years, but he SO often stops a song that he hasn't effed up, and say he's effed it up,lol. It's still quite charming though!:D

Tash, I know I compliment you and thank you all the time, but seriously?? How id you remember an oracle reply from 3 years ago?? You must have a photographic memory!:D

But Jonny was Chris's best man, yes?

I didn't, I looked it up! :lol:

I'm still impressed,lol. :)

So was Jonny Chris' best man? I know they're godfathers to each other's first born.

I'm pretty sure Chris' actual wedding was an elopement. I'm not sure anyone else would've been there. Nonetheless, I really think Chris just tends to be in the States sometimes when the others have personal stuff going on back in the UK. I know he has missed a few other personal events for that reason.

July 9, 2012 - submitted by Sally, United States of America

Q. I heard on KROQ that someone is looking for classic cars to restore? I have a sweet 1964 Ford Thunderbird Convertible that was partially restored by my dad a few years ago. It's in good condition, and would be a nice project for someone who loves old cars! I do not have time to care for her myself, for I am moving across country very soon (from Fullerton,CA to Springfield,MA).

Sally

The Oracle replies:

You can find out more about the project here, as I'm not the middleman and don't really know much more than you.

If your car sounds like what Guy's looking for, feel free to email photos in - to the address given.

July 9, 2012 - submitted by Jonathan, Germany

Q. Dear Oracle that never answers my questions

I've just seen The Amazing Spiderman and wanted to know if the band recorded a new song for the movie or if it is an old one.

Thanks and greetings from Germany.

The Oracle replies:

'Til Kingdom Come was written and recorded back in 2005 and is the hidden track on the band's X&Y album. The version on the new Spiderman film is neither a new track nor a new recording.

July 10, 2012 - submitted by Vivek, Norway

Q. I love this one, was it ever released, and what are your thoughts on

?

The Oracle replies:

I like it! There have been quite a few acoustic performances of In My Place - mainly for radio show performances. None of are available on any official release which is a shame as I think it would have made a great b-side.

July 10, 2012 - submitted by Nick, United States of America

Q. Hi Oracle!

I was at the concert in Philly last night, July 5, and I just want to say that it was truly awe inspiring. It brought me the chills from the opening Hurts Like Heaven to the closing Every Teardrop. Being a young Coldplay fan, this was my first chance ever to see my favorite band live!

I just have a simple question. It seems amazing to me that the band can perform with as much enthusiasm and passion every night as they did yesterday. It felt like it was their first concert ever, they were having so much fun with it and with the fans! At one point Chris said, "No joke, we're going to give you guys the best concert we ever have right here tonight. I promise." Does he say that every night?

Thanks!!!

The Oracle replies:

Well, I haven't heard Chris say that at the shows I've been at but here's a couple of things to ponder.

The band want every night they play to be the best and truly give it their all.

If you think about what he said, it would be feasible to say the statement could be true every night given that show would always be the most recent & last one performed.

I'm sure they maintain the level of "best" every night but that's quite a mouthful.

July 10, 2012 - submitted by Eve, France

Q. Hi Oracle,

How many T-shirts and pants have the band for the shows?

When I see the pics during their MX tour, I noted that they wear the same clothes. And I don't think they have only 1 pant and T-shirt.

The Oracle replies:

The guys have a wardrobe flight case each with various changes of clothes and footwear. If you look back at Anchorman's live blogs, historically they often show a photo of the clothes. If you scroll down this one from the Emirates blog, you will see a picture of Chris' garments.

The guys have a wardrobe flight case each with various changes of clothes and footwear. If you look back at Anchorman's live blogs, historically they often show a photo of the clothes. If you scroll down this one from the Emirates blog, you will see a picture of Chris' garments.

cem10.jpg

July 11, 2012 - submitted by Tony, United States of America

Q. Dear all-knowing Oracle,

About a year ago, I stumbled upon a Coldplay song named Harmless and to be quite honest, it has to be the best song I've ever heard. Sadly, the track ends abruptly and doesn't seem to have a real ending. My question is, was this track ever released on an actual album or single? And if it was, is there anyway I could get a hold of the entire track (ending included)? This has bothered me for quite some time and I figured, who better to ask than the Oracle. Thanks in advance. :D

The Oracle replies:

Harmelss was written during the A Rush Of Blood To The Head sessions back at the end of 2001.

It didn't make it on to the album and wasn't selected for a b-side or anything either so the only version that remains is the demo that Chris recorded.

Let's just say that it was leaked on the Internet which is why there is only the one abrupt ending recording. You won't find it anywhere else.