✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Confirmed] Duffy to Support Coldplay on US Dates

Duffy to support on US dates

August 15, 2008 10:58 am

Six shows for the Welsh soul sensation

news_line.png

We're very happy to announce that Duffy will be supporting us at six US shows in the autumn (or, if you prefer, "the fall"). She'll be performing at the following dates:

Oct 21- Cleveland

Oct 26 - East Rutherford

Oct 27 - East Rutherford

Oct 29 - Boston

- Washington DC

Nov 1 - Philadelphia

We think she's brilliant, so we're very pleased.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=100&page=0

Duffy to support on US dates

August 15, 2008 10:58 am

Six shows for the Welsh soul sensation

news_line.png

We're very happy to announce that Duffy will be supporting us at six US shows in the autumn (or, if you prefer, "the fall"). She'll be performing at the following dates:

Oct 21- Cleveland

Oct 26 - East Rutherford

Oct 27 - East Rutherford

Oct 29 - Boston

- Washington DC

Nov 1 - Philadelphia

We think she's brilliant, so we're very pleased.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=100&page=0

so Oct 27th is a real date. so why don't they have it on their list on the main site godamnit :angry:

I feel sorry for those coldplay fans, having to listen to some welsh bird attempts at singing 1950's 'soul' songs.

THANK YOU!, Someone else who doesn't like Duffy, my brother is in love with her and he doesn't like coldplay! :shocked2:

• 2 months later...

DUFFY - DUFFY SETS HER HAIR ON FIRE

Welsh soul star DUFFY almost went up in flames last week (ends24Oct08) when she accidentally set her hair alight backstage at a Coldplay concert.

The Mercy singer recently supported the British rockers at a gig in Cleveland, Ohio - but found herself in a potentially life-threatening situation when her blonde locks caught fire from a candle in her dressing room.

She says, "I was in the dressing room and I had music on and candles alight.

"The venue was a huge stadium, like a big sports centre. The dressing rooms had big white lights, no mirrors and lockers all along. They were super cool but you wouldn't want to spend three hours in there. So I was giving it a little bit of razzle dazzle. I had dimmed the lights then I lit this candle and it started melting a bit.

"I thought, 'S**t!' and started blowing it out. I got a cloth to wipe it up and bent down, not realising it was still lit. Then the entire left side of my hair went up in flames."

But her cringe-worthy situation soon got worse when she realised Coldplay frontman Chris Martin was on his way to visit her.

She recalls, "At that moment, Chris was walking down the corridor to say, 'Hi'. I hadn't met him before and the place stank of burning hair.

"Somebody came in and said, 'Is someone cooking chicken?' I had black crumbs of hair all down me so I had to give it a chop and pin it back. It was really bad and properly embarrassing. Chris could smell it, you couldn't avoid smelling it.

"Can you imagine if I had gone up in flames? Nightmare. I honestly saw my life flash before my eyes."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/duffy%20sets%20her%20hair%20on%20fire_1085229

OMG Cooky and Stephberryman!!!!the night of the Hammerstein Ballroom concert i was literally learning to text trying to get Cooky and Steph together on line and doing the play by play reporting and i was texting and grilling food at the same time and a lot of my hair in the front went up in flames!!!!, so now i have bangs:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: