✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Glastonbury 2009 Thread

Black Rose

Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis has announced ticket details for Glastonbury 2009.

As previously reported by NME.COM, 100,000 festivalgoers will be able to place a £50 deposit on their tickets - guaranteeing them entry - this October.

Eavis has now elaborated on his ticketing plans. In a statement emailed to people who registered their details for the festival in previous years, he said: "We have come up with a scheme that will allow people a much longer period to plan and pay for their tickets, while still continuing the battle against ticket touting.

"By paying as little as £50 up front this year, our registered customers from all over the world will be able to guarantee a ticket for next year's event. At the same time, the very successful registration scheme will ensure that tickets will only go to those named individuals who have reserved them in advance."

People who haven't yet registered to apply for tickets to the festival will have the chance to do so from September 1.

An announcement regarding ticket prices will be made on Glastonburyfestivals.co.uk soon.

Oh yeah :cool:

Glastonbury isn't about the lineup, it's about the experience :P

And it has a very successful anti-tout system in place, look on ebay for tickets for the other major UK festivals (Reading, Leeds, V Fest, t-in-the-park etc) and you have dirty touts selling tickets for 3/4 times the face value.

New Advance Booking Scheme

MichaelPCbySarahPussey.jpg

Register from 1st September... Buy or Reserve Tickets from 5th October

Glastonbury Festival is back. A few short summer months after the triumphant 2008 event, founder Michael Eavis is pleased to announce details of a new advanced booking scheme for Glastonbury Festival 2009.

Tickets for Britain’s biggest outdoor music festival will be available to buy - or reserve for a £50 deposit - from Sunday 5 October. In addition, Festival-goers who have registered will now be able to buy up to six tickets for registered friends and family in one transaction.

Next year’s Glastonbury runs for five full days - from Wednesday 24 June until Sunday 28 June 2009 – across 1,000 acres of beautiful countryside at Worthy Farm, Somerset.

Michael Eavis says: ”We have come up with a scheme that will allow people a much longer period to plan and pay for their tickets, while still continuing the battle against ticket touting.

“By paying as little as £50 up front this year, Festival-goers from all over the world will be able to guarantee a ticket for next year’s event. At the same time the very successful registration scheme will ensure that tickets will only go to those named individuals who have reserved them in advance.”

Many Festival-goers have already registered their names for the 2009 event and will therefore have their all-important registration number. Anyone who hasn't registered will be able to do so when registration re-opens on 1st September. Those without internet access can apply for a registration form (enclosing an SAE) to Glastonbury, PO Box 2445, Glasgow G40 9AG.

When the booking lines open at 9 am on 5th October, all registered Festival-goers will have two options. They can either buy a full weekend ticket at a price of £175 (plus a booking fee of £5). Alternatively, tickets can be reserved at a cost of £50 per ticket. The balance will be payable by 1st February 2009. With both these options, the number of tickets available per transaction to registered customers has been increased to six.

Full details of the booking scheme will be posted on 1st September on this website - http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk, but you can read more details in our Ticket and Registration FAQ section.

£180 for a ticket isn't bad, considering that prices of fuel has rocketed in the past year

• 2 weeks later...

I've got few questions for those who have already been there at least once :

I'm planning to go to Glaston this year cause I think we've got high chances to see Coldplay, haven't we ?

Ok so I'd like to know if it's possible to sleep in town and not at the festival, and is it easy to travel by night around the festival ? (I'm thinking about coming back to Bath each night, cause i'll be living there)

And will we be able to sell our ticket to someone else in case we discover we can't go there anymore ?

Last but not least, in case Coldplay wouldn't be the headline, do you think I should still go there whatever is the headline to live such an experience once ?

that's all ^^

I've got few questions for those who have already been there at least once :

I'm planning to go to Glaston this year cause I think we've got high chances to see Coldplay, haven't we ?

Ok so I'd like to know if it's possible to sleep in town and not at the festival, and is it easy to travel by night around the festival ? (I'm thinking about coming back to Bath each night, cause i'll be living there)

And will we be able to sell our ticket to someone else in case we discover we can't go there anymore ?

Last but not least, in case Coldplay wouldn't be the headline, do you think I should still go there whatever is the headline to live such an experience once ?

that's all ^^

1 - Coldplay are likely to play

2 - You can sleep in the town, there are bed and breakfasts near by, however they are expensive and sell out fast, getting back to Bath every night I wouldn't say was a good idea

3 - You can cancel tickets, but can't re-sell them (well you can re-sell them, but it won't be any good, because they would have your details on)

4 - Glastonbury isn't about the big-name headliner, it's the experience of Glastonbury, the organised chaos of tents everywhere, of not being a barrier so you can bring your own booze in. You should go there just the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear MR SHEPPARD,

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

You have booked a deposit for GLASTONBURY 2009 at Worthy Farm, Pilton-Somerset from WEDNESDAY 24/06/2009 to SUNDAY 28/06/2009.

You have ordered the following tickets

Reference - ONLINE £50 DEPOSIT at £ 50.00

You must pay the balance in full before February 1st 2009 and the balance and must be in one transaction - unfortunately installments can not be accepted.

Oh yeah :cool:

Atmosphere first, line-up second

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Friday's a nightmare - Neil Young, Bloc Party, Animal Collective and Doves. So tough to chose between those.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Bat For Lashes/Bon Ivor on Sunday is an amazing trio though. And Nick Cave/Blur to finish the festival off. Superb.

No Camera Obscura or Los Campesinos! No James Yuill of yet too. Gutted.

• 2 weeks later...