✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Forth VS Dig Out Your Soul

Christa42

I don't think either of them are as special as Viva La Vida.

But yeah DOYS has some filler but it all fits together nicely. No denying the none single songs on this Cd are stronger than the none filler on any Oasis album for a while.

Forth, its far more ambitious, far more professional, far more muscially brilliant, but Ashcroft's lyrics just arn't as good as they used to be.

So both are good but not great CD's. I reckon Travis's new album surpasses them both (and that contains some duds as well)

Dig Out Your Soul is so boring...

This amuses me :D

Oh, Stevie G, just have to say it, I find Dig Out Your Soul superior to Viva La Vida and yes, I'm saying this on a Coldplay forums so I'm bound to get hammered, but I enjoyed Viva La Vida (second best album of the year) and was a great suprise after the abysmal X&Y, but it's all just a little too chilled out, I like loud guitars and banging drums.

My order for the albums is

1. Dig Out Your Soul

2. Viva La Vida

3. Forth.

This amuses me :D

Oh, Stevie G, just have to say it, I find Dig Out Your Soul superior to Viva La Vida and yes, I'm saying this on a Coldplay forums so I'm bound to get hammered, but I enjoyed Viva La Vida (second best album of the year) and was a great suprise after the abysmal X&Y, but it's all just a little too chilled out, I like loud guitars and banging drums.

My order for the albums is

1. Dig Out Your Soul

2. Viva La Vida

3. Forth.

I agree completely, i love coldplay but the new oasis album to me is better and the verves album is just ok.

DOYS didn't have enough proper songs IMO, and Soldier on, well its not as good a finalie as Appalation Springs. Actually Oasis haven't done a decent album closer this time. Its hardly Let there be love or Champagn Supernova anyway.

Maybe, but the rest of DOYS more than makes up for it, and I believe that Forth cannot compare with DOYS up to track 9.

On Forth I like "Love Is Noise" and "Valium Skies". Both "Sit And Wonder and "Columbo" or nothing short of painful to listen to and the rest is just average. I'm going to say it.......I like the new Keane album far more than the Verve`s....There, I said it, but it's true.

DOYS... it had about 5 or 6 songs I liked on it while Forth only had 3 or 4.

For both bands I liked their preceding album much more, while the current albums both drag too much for me in places. (Same goes for Travis too, actually...) Although Oasis register much lower on the disappointment scale if only because they've been around a lot lately so there wasn't as much anticipation.

On the other hand, I'll listen to even a bad song with good vocals if the voice happens to belong to Richard Ashcroft. :nice:

^Really? :shocked2:

Urban Hymns. Seriously. Soon if not right now. Classic. :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyTO0jW8T2o]YouTube - The Verve- Lucky Man[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiQgEn5ibYg]YouTube - Sonnet - The Verve[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3m4e45bTo]YouTube - The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fERekxzkjFE]YouTube - The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work[/ame]

^ I'll add that to my list of albums to get eventually. (along with My Bloody Valentine)

Yeah, I got to get onto that one myself, its the same type of music. Shoe gazer, except Urban Hymn's is closer to acoustic pop if you judged the album on its singles.

But UH's its a classic one of the best albums ever, and it kinda sounds like early Coldplay.

I didn't know the Oasis album had a proper release yet.....and I've never really listened to the Verve properly. I might buy the Oasis album on iTunes, not sure.

Oasis' new album is not too bad. I dont really care for The Verve's new one. Urban Hymns is all SpaceCadet says and more. A fantastic album. Their singles album is where Id start if I were you

Oasis' new album is not too bad. I dont really care for The Verve's new one. Urban Hymns all SpaceCadet says and more. A fantastic album. There singles album is where Id start if I were you

No I wouldn't, its not like the Verve have too many albums so you need to get the singles (just 4) and each of them is designed to be a psychodelic epic as an album. They don't write filler, but they can be excessive i.e Forth (cant any band)

I can't imagine how A Storm in Heaven would have been to me if I'd heard any of the songs before I picked it up.