Animal Collective

lizkinwuzhir

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh fuck, I don't know how to properly embed again...

next try:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k-TJDm8nYI]YouTube- Animal Collective - "Graze" (Live in Prospect Park)[/ame]

• 1 month later...
I got a little interested by Uncut's description of Oddsac :wacko:

Maybe you shouldn't expect too much of whatever excited you. I've been to a screening and giggled all my way through, because it was so random.

But it was all made up for, since Avey was at the Q&A afterwards. Adorable, super relaxed and clever chap that. Btw, he mentioned that AC never do drugs while writing and recording their albums. Makes it even more amazing, non? ( somebody had asked that).

And then he played a dj- set for the small crowd ( maybe 40 people) and casually talked with whoever wanted to talk, so it became a genuine little party. That was cool, the movie not so.

There have been some guys in the audience who'd really liked it, though.

Maybe you shouldn't expect too much of whatever excited you. I've been to a screening and giggled all my way through, because it was so random.

But it was all made up for, since Avey was at the Q&A afterwards. Adorable, super relaxed and clever chap that. Btw, he mentioned that AC never do drugs while writing and recording their albums. Makes it even more amazing, non? ( somebody had asked that).

And then he played a dj- set for the small crowd ( maybe 40 people) and casually talked with whoever wanted to talk, so it became a genuine little party. That was cool, the movie not so.

There have been some guys in the audience who'd really liked it, though.

Well, what was it like? :thinking: It was described as a psychadelic (something) and the P word just makes me :wacky: I love visuals so I wouldn't mind buying it. I'm not familiar with Animal Collective :confused:

But the screening sounded really cool :awesome:

Well, what was it like? :thinking: It was described as a psychadelic (something) and the P word just makes me :wacky: I love visuals so I wouldn't mind buying it. I'm not familiar with Animal Collective :confused:

But the screening sounded really cool :awesome:

Hmm, I don't know how to best describe it. If I hadn't read about the story, I wouldn't have realised that there was one to start with. It felt like a kid had done some experiments with his film equipment and friends, there were sequences of looping, psychedelic, computer generated visuals which synchronically moved with the music ( that was nice but not mindblowing) and all in all I couldn't stop to chuckle, because I perceived it to be rather silly ( the vampire, the marshmallows eating the family asf). Sorry, I can't really help. Also I'm in my late 30s and might have seen my share of stuff, so it didn't overwhelm me...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H48VtETngA]YouTube- ‪ODDSAC TRAILER‬‎[/ame]

It is kinda trippy though.

Hmm, I don't know how to best describe it. If I hadn't read about the story, I wouldn't have realised that there was one to start with. It felt like a kid had done some experiments with his film equipment and friends, there were sequences of looping, psychedelic, computer generated visuals which synchronically moved with the music ( that was nice but not mindblowing) and all in all I couldn't stop to chuckle, because I perceived it to be rather silly ( the vampire, the marshmallows eating the family asf). Sorry, I can't really help. Also I'm in my late 30s and might have seen my share of stuff, so it didn't overwhelm me...

It is kinda trippy though.

It looks a little weird :thinking: I'm guessing it's about 40 minutes...?