✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pete's Oxfam Blog - the Autumn US leg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....... pretty soon we'll be giving pete an official pete is hot thread! :P

I think Pete would be a little too shy for that, it'll make him blush. :laugh3: But yeah, he's a cutie. Shh, I didn't tell them I am a Coldplayer.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have pics!!!!!!!! pete is so cute. i will try again to uplaod waiting for cooky to do it for me. i will post his pics here i think i can handle one, jen will probably have to fix it for me though

you can tell i am not shy, i went right up and said where is Pete? basically grabbed his hand to shake it and introduced us. and i was yacking away. He runs marathons!!! how great can this guy be?. am emailing him the pics. ok now i will try

awww yayyy for pete....

although i hope he don't mind we outted him... now coldplayers all over the world are gonna talk to him... so let's not forget to sign his petition after we take a piccie!

No, it's not a petition it's a sign up for the e-mail list. But yes, please sign up if you haven't already.

i have pics!!!!!!!! pete is so cute. i will try again to uplaod waiting for cooky to do it for me. i will post his pics here i think i can handle one, jen will probably have to fix it for me though

you can tell i am not shy, i went right up and said where is Pete? basically grabbed his hand to shake it and introduced us. and i was yacking away. He runs marathons!!! how great can this guy be? Noelia was all gaga for him. am emailing him the pics. ok now i will try

Christa, I'm gonna kick your ass! :whip:(I had no idea you posted the pic!:shy:Interesting how you forgot to put the one you were in!!)

:laugh3:

Beantown.

[hehe no one posted the new entry :D glad to do it !]

"We now find ourselves in Boston, otherwise known as ‘Beantown’. Apparently that is because back in the colonial days, a favourite Boston food, was beans, baked in molasses for several hours. So there you go. You live and learn.

There’s a yellow page in the itinerary book, meaning there is no concert tonight. It was a relatively short trip from New Jersey last night. There was a party kicking off on my bus. Felt like being on a bouncy-castle-boom-box.. another round of ipod wars in the back lounge. A chance to let off steam, for the guys involved with the TV recordings during last week. The night before a well earned day-off is always a late one.

Oxfam America’s office is just down the road from here. Right opposite the TD Banknorth Center, where the show is tomorrow. They have been working hard recruiting volunteers for every show. Especially Soha Yassine, who actually met us at one of the first shows of this tour, in LA. Now she works for Oxfam. That just shows how much this support from Coldplay can mean.

I’m off for a quick run. Getting a bit restless. This time of the evening, i’m usually running around a big arena. See you back in one of those tomorrow. Pete."

YAAAAYYYY ! we've got the pics he promised us ! :D THANKS PETE !

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?page_id=4

strasbourgcologne102dh9.jpg

Christa, I'm gonna kick your ass! :whip:(I had no idea you posted the pic!:shy:Interesting how you forgot to put the one you were in!!)

:laugh3:

you are the cute one my dear, i'm the mom and photographer!! omg i sent him the pics and one of the butterflies and he asked if he could use the butterfly one for the blog!!!!! yeah!!!!!

sorry i should have asked you first you are still my hero though

Boston Celtics one day, Coldplay and Oxfam the next.

Last night I watched the Boston Celtics NBA World Championship banner be raised to the rafters, inside the TD Banknorth Garden. They beat the Cleveland Cavaliers (whose arena we were in the other day), to open the new season. Today, the Coldplay lights, rigging, screens, confetti canons, amp-stacks, PA, and huge inflatable spheres, are being slowly raised towards the roof of this famous arena.

This is the first time that we have returned to exactly the same place, on two separate occasions, so far this tour. Boston was the last show before Japan, last time out in North America. Now we are back. Familiar surroundings. The band must have really enjoyed that show. If the atmosphere is anything similar to the basketball last night, it’s going to be another day for the earplugs later.

This time Oxfam still has another 16 shows in North America, after this one, to look forward to. No trip to Japan until February this time...

The Boston Celtics. NBA World Champions. Coldplay. Possibly the world’s biggest band right now. Oxfam. Working towards ending poverty world-wide. Amazing stuff.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=89

weee I get to post the blog for once...

Quick note from Boston..

October 29th, 2008 / No Comments » / by plusby

Coldplay are live onstage in Boston right now. I can see the spotlights on Guy, Will, Jonny and Chris, on the balcony, of the Boston Banknorth Garden. The band are crammed onto a tiny stage amongst the crowd. All eyes on them, and camera flashes lighting up faces. People have swarmed towards the band. It’s an amazing sight. The lucky few, in those seats around them, have an incredible view. Best seat in the house. Bet they didn’t expect that. Oxfam volunteers are scattered around the arena, enjoying the show. I’m going to head backstage to put this online. Next stop is Washington, when all eyes will again be on Coldplay, on Halloween. A few days after that.. all eyes, will be on the White House..

[Coldplay Oxfam Blog] Halloween in the capital.

There is a weird skeleton-skull-ghost-doll thing hanging from the door of the production office. I’m sat right outside, with it watching over me.

Skeletons will walk the halls of the Verizon Center, Washington D.C. tonight. It’s Halloween, and the Coldplay crew are dressing up for the occasion. I hear rumours of all sorts of alterations to the show. Projections on spheres, confetti, lights, video.. it should be fun to see what gets thrown in to the party. One of the roadies has a mask which is proper freaky.. I’m sure the mood won’t be too dark though. After all, one of the songs is called ‘Death will never conquer’..!

Coldplay and Oxfam are back in Washington D.C. This is one of three venues being repeated from the last stint out here in the States.

I took advantage of the crisp winter weather yesterday, to check out the city. There is history everywhere. Past and present. One minute, I was running past the Lincoln and WWII memorials, the next, past a stage being constucted in a park in front of the White House, and on down Constitution Avenue. It’s now only 4 days until the election here. Good to get a chance to see the city this time. Last trip, we were whisked right through as the concerts rolled on.

22 more Oxfam volunteers will be gracing the venue tonight. I wonder how many witches and ghosts will be amongst them. Maybe we will have a trick or treat theme when they go about talking to the fans.. We already have the treat, the beloved Oxfam badge. I will have to think of a trick though.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=91

The nice man in the photo, I think his title is the "NYC media coordinator." I think his job is to try to find more artists and venues that will allow Oxfam to sign people up during concerts.

Ha! I'm the "nice man" in the photo. Thanks for the compliment!

And yeah, I'm the guy who works on behalf of Oxfam America in the music industry, with great Oxfam supporters like Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party, Crowded House, DJ Shadow, LCD Soundsystem, Tegan & Sara, and many, many more. I'm also the guy who has been posting here and corresponding with all the great folks on this board who have volunteered with us and have asked amazing questions about what Oxfam does and how Coldplay fans might be able to help.

And your observations are correct, Pete is a fantastic guy and a great ambassador of all the great things Oxfam is about! If you do happen to see him at a show, tell him you are reading his blogs, and ask him anything you'd like about Oxfam. He's a wealth of information.

Thanks again for all the support!

-Bob F.

logo_h_ko_bw.gif

http://www.oxfamamerica.org

isn't anybody watching his blog anymore? just his piccies!

Duffy’s last stand, and roadies playing dead..

November 1st, 2008 / No Comments » / by plusby

Directly in front of me, is the constant stream of Coldplay fans entering the Philadelphia Wachovia Center. Beep.. beep.. beep (etcetera), go the machines, as ticket bar code’s are scanned. There is one very enthusiastic security guard too, whooping and cheeing, singing ‘Violet Hill’, anything to put a smile on faces as they enter. That’s if the smiles aren’t already there.

Fans then walk directly over to the Oxfam booth to my right, where our Philly action group is busy signing up the masses, and talking about Oxfam’s amazing work. Those that miss us, are heading in to see the Duffy show, which is in full swing. She has a couple songs left before the end of her last show on this tour. Those (notoriously hard to please) roadies, have often been heard talking about her presence on stage. This girl from Wales is only going to get more fans, the more shows she does. One of the biggest hits of the year.. alongside Coldplay of course.

This is a huge venue, I can see 3 balcony’s if I look up. Amazing that it’s only a couple of months since we were last here. It’s full again. (That security guard is now dancing along to Duffy - it really is a pleasure to watch him putting smiles (or confused looks) on so many faces).

So last night. Last night. Let’s talk about last night. Last night I saw a few things I thought I’d never see on stage with Coldplay. There were giant pumpkins bouncing up and down above their heads. Tim Burton’s ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ faces smirking at the crowd. One dead roadie (*no roadies were harmed during the process of this show). Finished off with raining confetti bats! I haven’t even mentioned some of the fans costumes.. Halloween was a real treat. The band obviously enjoyed tricking the crowd with the ‘dead-roadie’ moment though. One of the band’s technitian’s (I won’t name names), was dressed with drumsticks through the heart, fake blood, dungarees, a jagged saw and a very odd looking mask.. He was priveledged to be chosen for his moment during ‘Cemeteries of London’. At least.. i’m pretty sure it was him.. and not the ghost of the Verizon Center. . .It was great to stand amongst the crowd, listening to people slowly realising there was a 5th motionless, blood soaked person on stage as the lights went up, and as he was dragged off stage. Anyway.. back to tonight.

Philadelphia has just celebrated winning the World Series Baseball. I have to mention it, as we are just a stones throw, from where the last pitch was thrown. I hear there were amazing scenes here last night, just before the Sixers Basketball game.. 2 million people. Wow. Congratulations to all those people walking in, proudly wearing their red hats.

No Halloween tonight. No Friday 13th on the roadie bus. No flaming pumpkins. Hopefully no dead roadies either. Plenty of high fives for the crowd coming in (from that guy), and plenty of sign-ups for Oxfam too. We continue to do our amazing work. Saving lives. Campaigning on climate change. Providing clean water. Giving life-saving injections. Providing footballs for children to play. Helping farmers sell their coffee. Going to a Coldplay show, and spreading the word. Almost time for the show.. i’d better go.

Lost! .. in those Auburn Hills..

Coldplay just polished off the last notes of ‘Strawberry Swing’ and after a little wander down to the front of stage left, have now burst into life again on the remix version of ‘God put a smile…’ I just came back to production to write to you all, who aren’t in here. Seems to me like plenty of you are crammed in though. It looks packed out there.. People are on their feet, clapping and cheeing. The atmosphere is incredible. Spare a thought for the nerves that must jangle in those 4 lads as they look up at all those peering faces for the first time. At least you can always rely on it being an overwhelmingly good reception when the curtain is raised during ‘Violet Hill’. The hip-hop/classical entry music, the dimmed - then flashing - lights, mixed with ‘Life in Technicolour’ always gets the crowd raised to their feet and ready to make some noise for these British boys.

We’re at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit. Home of the Detroit Pistons, NBA champs of 1990. There is only one Champion on stage tonight. He’s currently busy mangling drums and hitting them into submission. Just wait until ‘Politik’…! It’s a mellow moment right now, one of my favourite parts of the set.. Chris Martin and Will singing ‘The Hardest Part’. The rest of the stage is dark. It creates a great mood. Fitting for the song.. but also ready, eager and waiting, to burst back into life, when those strings come in..

I went out earlier without my earplugs for the first time in a while (*”why earplugs?!?” - I hear you cry?!?* .. well, just because, when you work on a tour like this everyday, you have to, at least try to stop the tinitus for a while). It’s an incredible wall of sound without them though. Especially when the music is blended with the thousands of fans mouths that are also chanting/screaming/singing/drunkenly blurring the words. Feet are stamping now to ‘Viva La Vida’.

*Fin (Coldplay’s tour production manager) just popped his head over my shoulder ..

Fin - “is that your blog Pete?”

Me - “yeah”

Fin - “tell em’ Fin says ‘Hi’…. and give generously immediately!”

(he’s now gone back out to keep an eye on the show - as the keys and drums burst into ‘Lost!’. It’s another crowd pleaser. This band are really rolling at the moment. Seem to be loving every minute. I must just say, I still love this band, even after 40+ shows. My favourite part of the set is right after I have packed up the Oxfam gear (when the volunteers have come back), and I rush through the curtain to catch ‘Cemeteries of London’ and ‘Chinese Sleep Chant’. Chris usually says hello to the crowd before that song. Maybe it’s because it mentions London (and i’m British), or maybe it’s because I just love the beat (and i’m a drummer).. either way, i’m hooked.

The Oxfam crowd here in Detroit have been amazing. Full of energy and determined to talk to as many people as possible. About 737 people signed up here before the show (I say “about”.. - i counted exactly.. twice). That’s great work and we were a couple volunteers short tonight. Most of them are new to campaigning but really seemed to enjoy it. Some of them even said they started up after seeing us in Toronto in the summer. That’s awesome to know. There are plenty of ways to play a part, in changing the world. As I have said many times. Small actions, save lives.

This is turning into a long one. I might let you go, get back to your facebook, or signing that online petition with Oxfam. (I know which one i’d like you to do, and it doesn’t involve books of faces..) I’m going to get back out there and try to catch another song or two, before the volunteers come back, with beaming faces, and sore throats (from all that singing). I hear a harmonica out there.. Great talking to ya. See you in Atlanta! (It’s a loooong bus ride tonight…)

I hear those drums being mangled again. It’s ‘Politik’.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=98