✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly my dad is home today which means I can drive in instead of train. Woo! I'm really hoping the lining up thing is worth it. I want front row. Not sure of my chances though. Not sure how it will work with the outside doors opening an hour before the inside doors as well.

Ugh, okay so I ended up lining up for about 2 and a half hours and then have to stand through the support acts only to be miserable because I was squished so bad, the girl in front kept putting her hair in my face, her bf felt it necessary to have his arm around her the whole time and completely get in my space and touch my boobs and tall guys (who should totally be banned from the front) were in my way and I couldn't see a thing. So, after the pleasure of them being directly to the right of me when they played the few songs on the runway, my friend and I slowly made our way through the sea of people (when they play the Viva La Vida remix and everyone lights up their phones in the dark) where there was SPACE to move and breath! Sooo much better. I was dancing and I could even see way better. Anyways, can't complain but I must admit, I didn't enjoy the show before I moved to the back which gives me that awful feeling of regret. As my friend said though, if I had been at the back the whole time, I would have been saying "I could have been up there so close to them", not knowing how awful it was. You live and learn.

I forgot to mention, one girl fainted before the show even started. How bad would that suck!! I was on the verge on a panic attack, I must admit. I hate crowds and I think I have a mild case of claustrophobia.

Oh, and I think the setlist was the same as last nights, except they played Green Eyes instead of Speed of Sound.

Oh, and Chris' dad was on the other side of the runway to me in the front row of seats. He got up in Viva La Vida and Lost I think. I wonder what he thinks of the music.

gee, i havent been on here in ages...

went to coldplay just a few hours ago, was pretty good

i was seated a bit away but had a good view...

i (once again) taped the show (just audio). this time the quality is much nicer and clearer :D

ill be splitting that and uploading it 2moro

judging by the lack of any checks for cameras etc hopefully a video of thw whole thing will surface, but my audio should do for now... :p

I forgot to mention, one girl fainted before the show even started. How bad would that suck!! I was on the verge on a panic attack, I must admit. I hate crowds and I think I have a mild case of claustrophobia.

Oh, and I think the setlist was the same as last nights, except they played Green Eyes instead of Speed of Sound.

Oh, and Chris' dad was on the other side of the runway to me in the front row of seats. He got up in Viva La Vida and Lost I think. I wonder what he thinks of the music.

they played green eyes??? no wayyyyy!!!! i'm so jealous right now..hopefully they'll play it this saturday...or sunday...lol.

i dont know how chris' dad looked like..do u have a photo?

and yea...yesterday too there was a girl fainted before the boys came out...

i cant imagine being in that situation!

gee, i havent been on here in ages...

went to coldplay just a few hours ago, was pretty good

i was seated a bit away but had a good view...

i (once again) taped the show (just audio). this time the quality is much nicer and clearer :D

ill be splitting that and uploading it 2moro

judging by the lack of any checks for cameras etc hopefully a video of thw whole thing will surface, but my audio should do for now... :p

everyone was freaking out about the no photography rule and everything(thanks to the announcement they made every 10minutes)...turned out that there was nothing to be worried of...

Sorry, didn't think to take a photo of him. Just an old-ish looking guy with silver/grey hair. Very British looking haha.

Yes, I just came home from the show to answer your question in the other thread. I'm exhausted haha. I was next to the fence with the end of the runway to my direct right. Planned last night to head to that spot if I couldn't get to the front (which I got nowhere near).

Oh and another thing which has really been bugging me is people in the crowd and the shoutouts I heard on the radio after the show only screaming "I love you Chris", "Chris is awesome" etc. There's 3 other very talented band members you know. The only time I heard one of them mentioned was "the drummer sang too". His name is Will. If you're willing to spend $140 on tickets, you should know this.

Oh and another thing which has really been bugging me is people in the crowd and the shoutouts I heard on the radio after the show only screaming "I love you Chris", "Chris is awesome" etc. There's 3 other very talented band members you know. The only time I heard one of them mentioned was "the drummer sang too". His name is Will. If you're willing to spend $140 on tickets, you should know this.

lol. people around me were a bit like that too. they only sing the songs that are total hit and do not know a single word of the other songs. come on, do your homework before coming! when i talked to people, they were saying that i did my research...well, u do not have to do researches when u are a fan..

OK... a very fast post since it's 3.30am already.

The crowd was definitely better tonight (especially the seated crowd... more people stood up :lol: in fact EVERYONE in the section beside me stood up :D) Setlist was the same as last night except for the C stage songs, which were Green Eyes, I'm a Believer and DWNC.

A bunch of us waited at the loading dock for the boys. Unfortunately Guy and Jon had left early again, and Will drove off but did not stop although he waved. We waited close to 4 hours in the cold before Chris finally came out. He took photos with everyone and signed one autograph per person :bomb:

That pisses me off big time really. As much as Chris Martin is the frontman of Coldplay, Guy, Jon and Will (and Phil) are still very much a part of Coldplay. All of them should get the recognition they deserve.

Twitter is full of happy US peeps :lol:

Am wading through looking for concert tweets:

wkavis: 1.30am and still waiting for coldplay autographs, all for my mate, falling asleep standing up... Zzzz

about 2 hours ago from TwitterBerry

lil_mz_JD: Saw coldplay and well chris martin u r oure genius - awesome awesome concert and would go 2 see u again any day any time any where

about 3 hours ago from web

JoshAnstey: Had the most awesome night at Coldplay! They are such an incredible band to watch in concert!!!! 3rd time seeing then & want to go again :)

about 3 hours ago from twitterrific

benbeilharz: Coldplay was fun but golly, how is it even possible to be so edge-less?? Need to listen to some Girls vs Boys while licking batteries.

about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

aussiecat: Just saw the most amazing Coldplay gig - they absolutely brought the house down - brilliant

Meischak: just got home from seeing Coldplay @ Syndey's acer arena. It was whizbang! What a fabulous show! 12:30am here, off to bed as work in the AM.

drew__lewis: is having fun with mia at the coldplay after party.......chris says hi to you all.

Luchi: I never really appreciated the talent of Chris Martin of Coldplay till tonights show.

about 4 hours ago from web

jordiebodlay: Big props to #nova969 for playing coldplay live in london tonight to keep the mood for all the concert goers stuck in carparks and traffic.

p3p5y: Coldplay concert... awesome! http://twitpic.com/20zz4

about 4 hours ago from twitterrific

auxetoiles: @coldplay Bloody brilliant show tonight, guys! Better than 2006...?

about 4 hours ago from twitterrific

mphilips: thought coldplay was pretty special, especially lovers in japan.

ivanlogan: Just come back from #coldplay who rocked Acer. Tho length of gig should be determined by the strongest bladder not the weakest, Chris Martin

about 4 hours ago from mobile web

topchap01: Coldplay in Sydney was magic. Wonderful musical talent. Nose bleed seating but that's ok at my age

about 5 hours ago from TwitterFon

aman_gupta: Coldplay performing in the middle of d audience!!!! Awesome!!! http://twitpic.com/20y9k

about 6 hours ago from TwitterFon

We waited close to 4 hours in the cold before Chris finally came out. He took photos with everyone and signed one autograph per person :bomb:

There's no two without three now..good luck for the next days and hopefully you will meet Jonny and Guy as well :wink:

I would join you if I could :laugh3:

But I'm only flying in on 11th morning :sad:

Anyone want to welcome ME @ the airport????? :P:lol:

You are so lucky to go to so many concerts.How are you able to manage that?Do you work or are you in school.?How far is Singapore from Australia?? Just curious..

Enjoy all the shows...

OK... a very fast post since it's 3.30am already.

The crowd was definitely better tonight (especially the seated crowd... more people stood up :lol: in fact EVERYONE in the section beside me stood up :D) Setlist was the same as last night except for the C stage songs, which were Green Eyes, I'm a Believer and DWNC.

A bunch of us waited at the loading dock for the boys. Unfortunately Guy and Jon had left early again, and Will drove off but did not stop although he waved. We waited close to 4 hours in the cold before Chris finally came out. He took photos with everyone and signed one autograph per person :bomb:

Four hours! Wow. When I was waiting in the dock area for the staff bus driver to get his coffee so that I could get to P5, the security guy said that the band were having a party because it was the 100th show and that Chris was going to still be in there for a while. That was close to 2AM so I guess it is better I left to go home then.

Apparently they have never stuck around so long at a venue before (according to the security guy, who is lovely, and to one of my boss-type people) and that it is because the dressing rooms are more spacious than usual at Acer Arena.