🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

||The OFFICIAL Coldplay FanFic Thread 1||

iPsy

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: this story is certainly interesting!

:lol: "the art of pretending to be drunk."

i love it! :heart:

congrats, laura!!

is it the ghost one? :wacky:

For now...maybe. I don't know. I have a lot of fics in the making, but only a few are actually going somewhere. We'll see where everything lands. :\

Chapter 2

The airfield was still dark as the engines of the C-47 transport plane coughed a few times, blew smoke and roared to life. Guy had already stowed all his gear aboard the plane. He wasn't taking much on this trip. Just a backpack and the specially packed little box of his explosive toys. He took out his backpack and checked through it one more time: fake papers-check, certificate stating that he was deaf-check (He needed this in case he was captured. He could not speak any of the local languages of Greece and Crete, if he was deaf, no one would expect him to speak), cyanide capsule-check (In case he was tortured he was supposed to kill himself to prevent divulging secrets. Guy thought this was a ridiculous measure as they made sure he never really knew anything), radio transmitter-check (so that he could send a signal to be picked up), a pair of Zeiss-Ikon binnoculars. The binoculars were still made in Germany and they were the world's best. The company also made the small camera that Guy had packed away. That was just for his own personal pleasure. And last but not least his favorite little semi-automatic pistol. Most of the agents used a Glock 9 millimeter, a Beretta, a Luger, or a Ruger but Guy loved the sleek lines of the Walther pistol. It was an older model but hand-picked by Guy after much trial and error and many hours spent on the firing range. It had not been easy for him to learn to shoot with his right hand and this little gun seemed to be the most balanced for him. He loved the way the cold steel felt in his hands. Guy also checked to make sure that the silencer was in the backpack. He was just returning the pistol to its case when Lt. Anderson came up carrying her backpack.

"Are you ready?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I am kind of excited. This will be my first time in the field." Guy looked her up and down and shot her a look of disdain. God, how he hated trainees.

"Where is you parachute?" He asked her.

"I don't know," she replied, "I guess it is on board."

"Excuse me!!" he yelled at her, "You know better than that!!! Haven't they taught you anything?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" She looked a little scared of him.

Guy took a deep breath and said, "You always roll your own chute. You never trust anyone to do that for you. Geez, that is like Rule #1!," he yelled at her.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"I don't give a shit if you are sorry or not. My job is to make sure you stay alive on this and other missions. Now get your ass in the hangar and roll youself a chute. You do know how to do that, don't you?" She nodded.

"Get going then. You have already put us behind schedule. Do you want to be responsible for rogue nuclear warheads being used against any innocent people."

"No," she said, quietly.

Guy turned back toward the plane and ignored her. Then he could hear her footsteps as she walked away toward the hangar. He was practically laughing to himself. Trainees were such easy marks and he did enjoy giving them a hard time. This might be a fun few hours after all.

He heard Lt. Anderson footsteps on the tarmac long before she climbed up the few steps to the plane and pulled the door shut behind her. Guy was sitting on one of the few seats, if you could actually refer to the pieces of metal welded to the side of the fuselage and the floor of the plane as seats. The C-47 was a cargo plane and thus not really made for comfortable flight. He stood up and reached for the two snowsuits that were lying across the other seat.

"Here," he threw one at her, "Better put this on now. It is going to get pretty cold in here. She stood up and shrugged into the suit.

"Did you bring gloves?" He asked. It was a trick question but he wanted to test her.

"Yes, of course," She told, "I have three different kinds. I have to protect my hands. If I get frostbite or even if my fingers are too cold I can't very well set explosives now can I?" Guy was pleasantly surprised at her answer.

The door to the pilot's compartment opened and a young airman came in carrying two cups of coffee.

"Here you go sir," he said, handing one cup to Guy and one to the lieutenant, "The pilot said to tell you that we will be taking off in about five minutes." Guy took the coffee eagerly and said, "Thanks." He sat back down in the hard seat and told the lieutenant, "Buckle your seatbelt, this might be a bumpy ride."

ooh, interesting!! keep up the great work!!!

i'll try to work on something new, too. i have like, 10 ideas in the making right now. :D!!

^^ooh, yay, christina!! :dance:

Chapter 2

The airfield was still dark as the engines of the C-47 transport plane coughed a few times, blew smoke and roared to life. Guy had already stowed all his gear aboard the plane. He wasn't taking much on this trip. Just a backpack and the specially packed little box of his explosive toys. He took out his backpack and checked through it one more time: fake papers-check, certificate stating that he was deaf-check (He needed this in case he was captured. He could not speak any of the local languages of Greece and Crete, if he was deaf, no one would expect him to speak), cyanide capsule-check (In case he was tortured he was supposed to kill himself to prevent divulging secrets. Guy thought this was a ridiculous measure as they made sure he never really knew anything), radio transmitter-check (so that he could send a signal to be picked up), a pair of Zeiss-Ikon binnoculars. The binoculars were still made in Germany and they were the world's best. The company also made the small camera that Guy had packed away. That was just for his own personal pleasure. And last but not least his favorite little semi-automatic pistol. Most of the agents used a Glock 9 millimeter, a Beretta, a Luger, or a Ruger but Guy loved the sleek lines of the Walther pistol. It was an older model but hand-picked by Guy after much trial and error and many hours spent on the firing range. It had not been easy for him to learn to shoot with his right hand and this little gun seemed to be the most balanced for him. He loved the way the cold steel felt in his hands. Guy also checked to make sure that the silencer was in the backpack. He was just returning the pistol to its case when Lt. Anderson came up carrying her backpack.

"Are you ready?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I am kind of excited. This will be my first time in the field." Guy looked her up and down and shot her a look of disdain. God, how he hated trainees.

"Where is you parachute?" He asked her.

"I don't know," she replied, "I guess it is on board."

"Excuse me!!" he yelled at her, "You know better than that!!! Haven't they taught you anything?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" She looked a little scared of him.

Guy took a deep breath and said, "You always roll your own chute. You never trust anyone to do that for you. Geez, that is like Rule #1!," he yelled at her.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"I don't give a shit if you are sorry or not. My job is to make sure you stay alive on this and other missions. Now get your ass in the hangar and roll youself a chute. You do know how to do that, don't you?" She nodded.

"Get going then. You have already put us behind schedule. Do you want to be responsible for rogue nuclear warheads being used against any innocent people."

"No," she said, quietly.

Guy turned back toward the plane and ignored her. Then he could hear her footsteps as she walked away toward the hangar. He was practically laughing to himself. Trainees were such easy marks and he did enjoy giving them a hard time. This might be a fun few hours after all.

He heard Lt. Anderson footsteps on the tarmac long before she climbed up the few steps to the plane and pulled the door shut behind her. Guy was sitting on one of the few seats, if you could actually refer to the pieces of metal welded to the side of the fuselage and the floor of the plane as seats. The C-47 was a cargo plane and thus not really made for comfortable flight. He stood up and reached for the two snowsuits that were lying across the other seat.

"Here," he threw one at her, "Better put this on now. It is going to get pretty cold in here. She stood up and shrugged into the suit.

"Did you bring gloves?" He asked. It was a trick question but he wanted to test her.

"Yes, of course," She told, "I have three different kinds. I have to protect my hands. If I get frostbite or even if my fingers are too cold I can't very well set explosives now can I?" Guy was pleasantly surprised at her answer.

The door to the pilot's compartment opened and a young airman came in carrying two cups of coffee.

"Here you go sir," he said, handing one cup to Guy and one to the lieutenant, "The pilot said to tell you that we will be taking off in about five minutes." Guy took the coffee eagerly and said, "Thanks." He sat back down in the hard seat and told the lieutenant, "Buckle your seatbelt, this might be a bumpy ride."

:thumbsup:

Chapter 3

Guy lay in deep snow at the edge of a line of trees high up on the slope of a small mountain. He was using the binoculars to check out the general area surrounding the dam and the bridge. From his position he could just barely see the top of the bridge beyond a bend in the river. He had a very clear view of the dam.

"Let me see," Lt. Anderson told him. He took a deep breath and removed the glasses from around his neck. Handing them to her he said, "Keep them out of the sun.The reflection on the lens' could give our position away."

"I know that, Captain Berryman." She told him.

"Okay then, what would you say is our next move?" He asked. She didn't answer. She was still looking at the view spread out before them. Then she said, "We wait. We wait until dark."

"Wrong," he told her.

"What? Why? If we move now we will be seen."

"That's the trick," he told her, "We don't move. We make them move. We need to find out how many guards are stationed in that little shack by the entrance to the dam. So we create a diversion. Something that will get them to come out so that we can get a head count."

"What kind of a diversion?" She asked. Guy smiled for the first time and rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

"Well," he said, "I have a little idea about how to make some noise. You stay here. And count the guards and try to see if you can tell what position they have. I am going to have a little fun." Guy sat up, leaned over to his little strong box of explosives, rummaged around in it for a moment or two. Then he stood up and kicked around in the heavy snow until he found two rocks. He put them in his pocket, pulled his cap down over his ears and disappeared into the forest.

A few seconds later, she heard two very loud explosions from the area of the dam. Guards in various stages of undress came running from every direction. Some from the guards house and some from in the structure itself. She counted ten men.

Guy came quietly back through the woods.

"How many?" he asked.

"Eight," she told him, "I counted eight men."

"Well now that doesn't seem like too hard a job," he said, taking out a cigarette and lighting it, "Now we wait."

At a few seconds past midnight Guy took the last few sips from his bottle of water and checked the moon. According to the guys in the meteorology office this was supposed to be a no moon night, but Guy wasn't trusting those weathermen for his fate. However, tonight they seemed to have gotten it right.

"Alright," he told her, "Let's move out." They had gone over their plan in detail on the plane several times. Guy had made the lieutenant repeat the plan over and over again until he was sure she had it right.

The first step was to take out the guards in the guard house. Guy preferred not to kill and he usually didn't have to. Tonight would be no exception. There were four guards in the guard house and they were all asleep. Guy and Anderson had entered the house, tied the guards up and were on their way inside the dam in less than ten minutes.

"That was pretty good work back there," he told her. He really had been impressed when she had whipped a Sten gun out of her backpack. He had not even known that she brought the gun with her.

Suddenly, Guy stopped. He got a creepy feeling and a chill ran up his back. He had been on easy missions before, but there was something strange about this one all of a sudden. It was too easy. Something was wrong. Something was really wrong.

He turned around to speak to Lieutenant Anderson. She was still holding the Sten gun.

"Put that damn thing down," he barked at her. Instead of putting it down, she raised the barrel even with Guy's chest.

"I am afraid I can't do that, Captain," she said.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he hissed in the darkness.

"Shut up," she told him, "And get moving." Guy didn't know what to do but he wasn't about to get in a fight with her right here three feet from the entrance to the dam. So he turned around and did as he was told. She kept prodding him in the back with the gun.

Once inside the dam two guards were waiting for them.

"Tie him up," she told them. They did as she said. Once he was secured to a chair with ropes, she laid the gun down, hugged the two guards and started chattering to them in some language Guy had never heard before.

"Shit," he said to himself, "This cannot be good."

:shocked3:

scandal!!

Chapter 3[/size][/b]

Guy lay in deep snow at the edge of a line of trees high up on the slope of a small mountain. He was using the binoculars to check out the general area surrounding the dam and the bridge. From his position he could just barely see the top of the bridge beyond a bend in the river. He had a very clear view of the dam.

"Let me see," Lt. Anderson told him. He took a deep breath and removed the glasses from around his neck. Handing them to her he said, "Keep them out of the sun.The reflection on the lens' could give our position away."

"I know that, Captain Berryman." She told him.

"Okay then, what would you say is our next move?" He asked. She didn't answer. She was still looking at the view spread out before them. Then she said, "We wait. We wait until dark."

"Wrong," he told her.

"What? Why? If we move now we will be seen."

"That's the trick," he told her, "We don't move. We make them move. We need to find out how many guards are stationed in that little shack by the entrance to the dam. So we create a diversion. Something that will get them to come out so that we can get a head count."

"What kind of a diversion?" She asked. Guy smiled for the first time and rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

"Well," he said, "I have a little idea about how to make some noise. You stay here. And count the guards and try to see if you can tell what position they have. I am going to have a little fun." Guy sat up, leaned over to his little strong box of explosives, rummaged around in it for a moment or two. Then he stood up and kicked around in the heavy snow until he found two rocks. He put them in his pocket, pulled his cap down over his ears and disappeared into the forest.

A few seconds later, she heard two very loud explosions from the area of the dam. Guards in various stages of undress came running from every direction. Some from the guards house and some from in the structure itself. She counted ten men.

Guy came quietly back through the woods.

"How many?" he asked.

"Eight," she told him, "I counted eight men."

"Well now that doesn't seem like too hard a job," he said, taking out a cigarette and lighting it, "Now we wait."

At a few seconds past midnight Guy took the last few sips from his bottle of water and checked the moon. According to the guys in the meteorology office this was supposed to be a no moon night, but Guy wasn't trusting those weathermen for his fate. However, tonight they seemed to have gotten it right.

"Alright," he told her, "Let's move out." They had gone over their plan in detail on the plane several times. Guy had made the lieutenant repeat the plan over and over again until he was sure she had it right.

The first step was to take out the guards in the guard house. Guy preferred not to kill and he usually didn't have to. Tonight would be no exception. There were four guards in the guard house and they were all asleep. Guy and Anderson had entered the house, tied the guards up and were on their way inside the dam in less than ten minutes.

"That was pretty good work back there," he told her. He really had been impressed when she had whipped a Sten gun out of her backpack. He had not even known that she brought the gun with her.

Suddenly, Guy stopped. He got a creepy feeling and a chill ran up his back. He had been on easy missions before, but there was something strange about this one all of a sudden. It was too easy. Something was wrong. Something was really wrong.

He turned around to speak to Lieutenant Anderson. She was still holding the Sten gun.

"Put that damn thing down," he barked at her. Instead of putting it down, she raised the barrel even with Guy's chest.

"I am afraid I can't do that, Captain," she said.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he hissed in the darkness.

"Shut up," she told him, "And get moving." Guy didn't know what to do but he wasn't about to get in a fight with her right here three feet from the entrance to the dam. So he turned around and did as he was told. She kept prodding him in the back with the gun.

Once inside the dam two guards were waiting for them.

"Tie him up," she told them. They did as she said. Once he was secured to a chair with ropes, she laid the gun down, hugged the two guards and started chattering to them in some language Guy had never heard before.

"Shit," he said to himself, "This cannot be good."

:stunned::shocked2:wow you are an amazing writer!!!!!:D:D:DI loved chapter 2 also

cant wait for ch 4:wacky:

kyra, combine them! :D

I wish. I'll try the first one..first. In fact, I'll post a chapter now! :lol:

M A M A

The smell of smoke hit me hard in the face as I stepped out of the pub. Guy was leaning against a lamppost, practically doubled over in drunken laughter. His friend Ben was right beside him, just as cheerful. I rolled my eyes and sighed because I knew I would be the one driving him home and dragging him into his flat. “Guy, I have to go.”

He snorted. “M’kay, Chris...g’night!” He grinned at me absentmindedly, his dark eyes glittering.

“No...no, you’re coming with me.” I announced, crossing my arms. “The rest of your friends are drunk, mate. You’re coming home with me.”

His smile faltered, and he looked at me with grim annoyance. “I hate you.” he slurred.

“I know.” I sighed, leaning against the wall. He picked himself up from the post, said goodbye to his pal, and walked unsteadily up to me. He didn’t seem too hammered, but one could never be sure when it came to Guy. He was a master at acting sober when he was really quite drunk.

Eventually, I managed to wrestle him away from the pub and into my car. I stuck him in the passenger seat, then moved back around to the driver side. I eyed Guy, watching him fumble with the car door. “Put the seat belt on, mate.”

“It is on...prick.”

“No, it’s not. Put it on.”

“God! Fine!” he whined, finally strapping himself in. He twisted around in the seat, trying to tug up his sagging jeans. In his quest to fix them, he happened to glance into the backseat. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him freeze. “Um, mate?”

“What?”

“There’s an ol’ lady in here.”

I scoffed in exasperation, and then turned to see what the hell he was talking about. To my utter terror, he was right. There was an old lady in the backseat.

She sat with her hands folded in her lap, her floral print dress spilling neatly over her knees. Her hair was a perfect white perm, framing her small, wizened face. “Jesus!” I gasped, swiveling in my seat. “Who are you? What are you doing here?”

“What’s going on?” asked Guy, unbuckling himself and gripping onto my sleeve.

“Ma’am, what are you doing here?” I asked again, my heart hammering at my ribs.

“My grandson needs your help, boys.” she said sweetly, looking from me to my companion. “He’s really in a bit of a sticky wicket.”

“What?” I gasped. Guy made a small noise of confusion.

“Who...what?” he groaned. “Where....?”

“Guy, wait. Ma’am, who are you? Look, I’m gonna call the police if you don’t...”

“My name is Lily Carson. You may call me Mama.”

“Um, Mama, you have to get out...”

“You might know me better by my married name.” she corrected, giggling at herself. I stared at her warily, ready to run out of the car and start screaming for the police. Guy just looked completely stupefied. “It’s Buckland. Lily Buckland.”