🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

||The OFFICIAL Coldplay FanFic Thread 1||

iPsy

That story made me happy:) I was smiling all the way thru it!!!! The last paragraph

At the reception they cut the cake and then the little band started to play. Jonny took Chris by the hand and said, "Come on wife," in a joking manner, "Let's dance."

"Why do I have to be the wife?" Chris asked, with a playful pout.

Jonny turned to Will and Guy, "Do you see this?" He asked, "The nagging has started already."

THAT WAS SUCH A PERFECT< PERFECT ENDING!!!!!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jknc, I think I give you my imaginary cup of awesome + sweet story writing! :D

Your story was a bright, wonderful and heartwarming contrast to your last Chris/Jonny story, which was also amazingly written, but indeed very sad.

*Sigh* It's great to read good stories ... :wacky:

Well, I hope you like it and as usual I don't have a plan :lol: It might be just a little one-shot with an open ending, I don't know...

A Song For You

Prologue

Guy was never shy when it came to his bedroom mirror. He would sing, dance and do all kinds of things in front of it.

The knowledge that no one else saw him made him feel more liberated than anyone could ever imagine. He only did this things in public when he was completely wasted which didn’t happen too often these days so he had to find another way. In front of his beloved, full-length mirror.

But being in a band helped him loosen up and feel relaxed as well. He had to play everyday in front of thousands of people, so he got used to it. However, he would never do what he did in private for all the audiences to see. It was bad enough the guys caught him one day while he was getting dressed after a shower, singing “Sexual Healing”, fully committed to the song. He could remember vividly the looks on his friends’ faces. Will, Chris and Jonny didn’t shut up about it for a whole month.

Today, Guy was softly singing something new, something he created all by himself. Lyrics, melody, everything. He knew he had a decent voice, but he was just afraid to use it out loud sometimes. He was afraid of failing, of being laughed at. He guessed it was a complex from a long time ago, from a time where boys teased him in the playground at school, right after he moved from Scotland. Stupid assholes!, he thought.

It was unusual for him to consider the idea of showing a song he wrote to the other members of the band but today he just gathered up the courage to do it. He had a lot of unfinished songs that no one else knew about. Maybe he would show it someday and give them the opportunity to be heard.

In the studio, Jonny and Will were playing PlayStation like they always did before rehearsals.

Chris said he would be working on a piano part before they joined him downstairs but they all knew he was just on the phone with his wife, telling her about some recent hair loss. She would tell him it didn’t matter to her even if he was completely bald which resulted in a lovey-dovey conversation, which in turn resulted in a very productive session for the band. It was a win-win situation for everybody.

Guy parked his car and slowly walked towards the front door, whistling along the way. He was nervous with the material he brought to show his mates. But they were his best friends, they wouldn’t make him feel embarrassed or humiliated. He hoped.

“Hey! I’m sorry I’m late. I overslept.” He told his football-addicted friends. “You ready to go downstairs and work a little?”

The two other men didn’t look up. “Huh?” Will asked, deeply concentrated on the game he was playing. “We’ll be right there.”

“Yeah, go ahead, we’re just finishing this.” Jonny added, furiously pressing most of the buttons at the same time.

They were just like his nephews, Guy realized. Except his nephews were 4 and 5 years old. Maybe it’s these guys mental age, he mused.

Walking down the stairs, Guy could hear Chris make kissing noises to the phone he held in his hand and he knew that meant the call was almost over.

“Love you more…No, you hang up….You…You hang up.” Chris was giggling like a little kid, facing the wall, so he couldn’t see Guy entering the room. “Tell the kids I love them, okay?... Now you hang up.” He repeated, softly.

Oh boy, this could go on and on, Guy just knew, so he decided to make some noise with a chair.

Chris turned around, his cheeks reddening. “Honey, I gotta go. Guy’s here… Love you too.” He flipped his cell phone shut.

“Hello! So who hung up?” Guy teased, smiling coyly at his blue-eyed friend.

“Shut up!” Chris responded, with a small smile.

“Hum, Chris?”

“Yeah.”

“I made a little song and I… uh, I was wondering if you wanted to listen to it…”

Chris looked up at him, surprised. Guy never presented them any kind of song. Never. He worked with them on studio, he stayed in there afterwards or came in before all of them but he never showed them any musical work that wasn’t related to the songs based on Chris’ lyrics.

“Of course.” He said, sitting down immediately in front of the bassist.

Guy didn’t move for his bass or the electric guitar he brought with him, going to the piano instead. Now that was another surprise for Chris, who stood quietly in his seat.

The bass player took a deep breath and then, his hands and voice took over. The deep sounds of the instrument assaulted the whole building, grabbing Jonny and Will’s attention.

The duo descended the stairs slowly, not wanting to interrupt the sound. Oddly, they knew it wasn’t the frontman playing. It was different. Why? They couldn’t explain, they just knew.

Sure enough, the singer sat, mesmerized, looking in the piano’s direction where Guy now accompanied the beautiful sounds of the instrument with his own profound voice.

Next thing they knew, the song was over and the three band members sat together, his expressions quite similar. A shocked look in their eyes, their mouths slightly open.

“So, what do you think?” Guy finally asked.

Well, I hope you like it and as usual I don't have a plan :lol: It might be just a little one-shot with an open ending, I don't know...

A Song For You

Prologue

Guy was never shy when it came to his bedroom mirror. He would sing, dance and do all kinds of things in front of it.

The knowledge that no one else saw him made him feel more liberated than anyone could ever imagine. He only did this things in public when he was completely wasted which didn’t happen too often these days so he had to find another way. In front of his beloved, full-length mirror.

But being in a band helped him loosen up and feel relaxed as well. He had to play everyday in front of thousands of people, so he got used to it. However, he would never do what he did in private for all the audiences to see. It was bad enough the guys caught him one day while he was getting dressed after a shower, singing “Sexual Healing”, fully committed to the song. He could remember vividly the looks on his friends’ faces. Will, Chris and Jonny didn’t shut up about it for a whole month.

Today, Guy was softly singing something new, something he created all by himself. Lyrics, melody, everything. He knew he had a decent voice, but he was just afraid to use it out loud sometimes. He was afraid of failing, of being laughed at. He guessed it was a complex from a long time ago, from a time where boys teased him in the playground at school, right after he moved from Scotland. Stupid assholes!, he thought.

It was unusual for him to consider the idea of showing a song he wrote to the other members of the band but today he just gathered up the courage to do it. He had a lot of unfinished songs that no one else knew about. Maybe he would show it someday and give them the opportunity to be heard.

In the studio, Jonny and Will were playing PlayStation like they always did before rehearsals.

Chris said he would be working on a piano part before they joined him downstairs but they all knew he was just on the phone with his wife, telling her about some recent hair loss. She would tell him it didn’t matter to her even if he was completely bald which resulted in a lovey-dovey conversation, which in turn resulted in a very productive session for the band. It was a win-win situation for everybody.

Guy parked his car and slowly walked towards the front door, whistling along the way. He was nervous with the material he brought to show his mates. But they were his best friends, they wouldn’t make him feel embarrassed or humiliated. He hoped.

“Hey! I’m sorry I’m late. I overslept.” He told his football-addicted friends. “You ready to go downstairs and work a little?”

The two other men didn’t look up. “Huh?” Will asked, deeply concentrated on the game he was playing. “We’ll be right there.”

“Yeah, go ahead, we’re just finishing this.” Jonny added, furiously pressing most of the buttons at the same time.

They were just like his nephews, Guy realized. Except his nephews were 4 and 5 years old. Maybe it’s these guys mental age, he mused.

Walking down the stairs, Guy could hear Chris make kissing noises to the phone he held in his hand and he knew that meant the call was almost over.

“Love you more…No, you hang up….You…You hang up.” Chris was giggling like a little kid, facing the wall, so he couldn’t see Guy entering the room. “Tell the kids I love them, okay?... Now you hang up.” He repeated, softly.

Oh boy, this could go on and on, Guy just knew, so he decided to make some noise with a chair.

Chris turned around, his cheeks reddening. “Honey, I gotta go. Guy’s here… Love you too.” He flipped his cell phone shut.

“Hum, Chris?”

“Yeah.”

“I made a little song and I… uh, I was wondering if you wanted to listen to it…”

Chris looked up at him, surprised. Guy never presented them any kind of song. Never. He worked with them on studio, he stayed in there afterwards or came in before all of them but he never showed them any musical work that wasn’t related to the songs based on Chris’ lyrics.

Guy didn’t move for his bass or the electric guitar he brought with him, going to the piano instead. Now that was another surprise for Chris, who stood quietly in his seat.

The bass player took a deep breath and then, his hands and voice took over. The deep sounds of the instrument assaulted the whole building, grabbing Jonny and Will’s attention.

The duo descended the stairs slowly, not wanting to interrupt the sound. Oddly, they knew it wasn’t the frontman playing. It was different. Why? They couldn’t explain, they just knew.

Sure enough, the singer sat, mesmerized, looking in the piano’s direction where Guy now accompanied the beautiful sounds of the instrument with his own profound voice.

Next thing they knew, the song was over and the three band members sat together, his expressions quite similar. A shocked look in their eyes, their mouths slightly open.

:lol:that phone convo was really funny Ju!!youre a great writer:D:D:D

:wacky:I cant wait for ch2!!!!:clap::clap::lol:

A Song For You

Prologue

“Hum, Chris?”

“Yeah.”

OOoooh this is getting me all excited! :dance:

And I love the mental picture of Guy sitting at the piano and... singing :wideyes:

Ju, I love how you mentioned the other band members could recognize it wasn't Chris playing the piano.

It's funny, because my dad and I both play, but when I'm at the piano and someone comes up into the living room, they always say "Oh! I thought it was your dad playing!" :P